Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

Would you rather a relegation battle or mid table mediocrity?

Well here we are battling for our Premier League survival, animated posts and fans decided into positives or negatives!

But, there was a great atmosphere, in the main, at CR yesterday, it gets the adrenalin going and makes the end of the season very exciting.

So what about next season, my prediction is a comfortable mid table finish and an end of season with very little at stake.

So what would you prefer?

I see what you''re saying, and I used to think that being a yoyo club between the Prem and the Champ would be preferable to being someone like Wigan.But the gulf between the leagues has become too wide, and I fear if a club our size were relegated then promotion wouldn''t be a certainty. So now there is way too much financially at stake, so it has to be comfortable mid table for me.

It''s difficult to imagine/remember a time when we had the option. I suppose that those teams that have been mid table in the Prem for a number of seasons develop rivalries with the clubs around them. I''d be very happy to join that club and see how we do against the likes of Fulham, West Brom, Swansea and so on, while we continue to develop our first team, out academy and our financial stability. Throw in a couple of cups runs for the adrenalin rush, and life would be good.

to be fair this is how I expected last season to be like. I just hope we can improve enough over the summer to not be in this position every year

Football for me, is always more exiting when there is something other than the game itself at stake.

Whether its promotion, relegation, derby bragging rights, a euro place, etc....  its adds an edge.

So no doubt this remaining period of the season will certainly be exciting.

Although I think the answer has to be mid table mediocrity, because is does not mean you are going to stay there forever, you have to hope you can build , set higher goals, such as one day nicking a Europa league spot.

Mid-table, win a cup, play in Europe again. Other than half a dozen teams I don''t think you''re ever safe in the PL. Swansea have achieved this goal this season but may well find the Thursday/Sunday matches difficult to handle.

Mid-table mediocrity means you can concentrate on the cup competitions more. Cup runs are exciting, especially the F.A. Cup. They mean extra exposure and financial reward and lead to European competition too.

As if you lot will be content with midtable mediocrity..... Been midtable pretty much all season and its just been moan moan moan.

The optimistic of us would say we are in a midtable battle now

If you include up to, say, 5th place in your definition of mid-table, then I am with you on that, Yorks. (Erm, obviously this would not be referring to this season any more, sadly)

Tottenham and Everton were ''mid table mediocrity'' teams not that long ago, now they are within reach of Europe.

My point is that as a club we should be constantly striving to improve and then we see where that takes us...

We don''t want to be another Wigan fighting relegation every season. Becoming a regular mid table team is fine as long as we are playing good football, chuck in a few cup runs and wins over the top teams and that''s ok.

Get some young guns coming into the team from the academy and that''s even better!