Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 34

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 34 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have Norfolkchance1 in charge and making the final selections. Norfolk is of course one of our longest serving PUPs who has been terrific in his support of these threads right from the start. A previous winner of the final six Craig is mentioned twice on Ray’s signature because it was his idea to record the wins in such a way. Norfolk is also one of my favourite posters on the rest of the board with his level headed views on our club. This season Craig has been his usual reliable self with his picks and comes into his week in top form so I think he has everychance of recording an overdue win for us PUPs. We can help him by finding our very best selection for consideration this weekend. Don’t forget for your pick to be of any use it must be listed on the Bet365 web site and be played on Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

I’ve provisionally sorted out the rota for the last 3 weeks of our season in May. Please let me know if these dates are ok. As always I can facilitate a change if necessary.

May  4th   Gregt

May  11th  Newcastle Uni Canary

May  18th  City-Til-I-Die

So now Ill hand the thread over to Norfolkchance1. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs.... Take it away Craig ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1932 for the Academy,so far.

Here are last week’s stats: 37 of us picked with 27 correct and 1 void (75%). We provided Diesel Doris with 21 selections with 14 winning (67%). So it was a difficult week for Trish.

Here is the latest league table showing those with at least 50% correct from at least half the available weeks. The top 40 will be making the selections next season but some of those in the top 40 now need to keep picking otherwise they will drop off. 20 selections will be needed by the end of the season.

Til 1010

94%

Mr. Bump

91%

Herman

89%

Beauseant

85%

Jed Exodus

85%

Mister Chops

84%

Norfolkbroadslim

83%

Swindon

83%

Sports Desk Pete

82%

Cosmic Twin

82%

Hissing Sid

82%

PurpleCanary

82%

Statto

82%

Yankee Canary

82%

gregt

79%

Hughesy

79%

Newyorkcanary

79%

Scooby

79%

Fonejacker

78%

Excited Canary

77%

Inch High

76%

Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat

76%

Norfolkchance1

76%

City-Til-I-Die

74%

Meth Canary

74%

Jellytot

73%

Trent Canary

72%

NCFCStar

72%

nutty nigel

72%

Snake-eyes

71%

Boyo

71%

Brendo

70%

Newcastle Uni Canary

69%

Graham Humphrey

69%

GMF

67%

Lappinitup

66%

Mandie Moo

66%

Bore Bore Bor

64%

Leedscanary

64%

Diesel Doris

64%

Kathy

64%

1st Wazzock

61%

Ginger Pele

58%

Vindo

58%

NWC

56%

Twidio

56%

Chelle

53%

Last week provided my first incorrect result - a draw (the week before was void thanks to the delight that is snow). Sadly not going to get enough games in to appear on the scoreboard this year I think, but keeping my own tally in mind I''m not doing so bad so far!

This week I''m going with League 1 and AFC Bournemouth vs Notts County HOME WIN.

Bournemouth are on a stormer, with 5 wins out of 5 in the league and sit 2nd in the table. Notts Country, however, have just one win in their last seven. Away from home their record isn''t pretty either, with no wins in their last 5. Bournemouth should have enough to edge this one.

Chelsea to win at home to Sunderland is 1/3 so I''ll take that please. I had wondered why Norfolkchance was on the signature twice, now I know. Best of luck to you and all other PUPs.

After last weeks let down in France, I''m heading for Italy this week

Juventus (top 11-2-2 31-8 home) v Pescara (bottom 2-2-11 9-34 away) - Home Win

Best of luck Norfolkchance1, and all you PUPs

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 34 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have Norfolkchance1 in charge and making the final selections. Norfolk is of course one of our longest serving PUPs who has been terrific in his support of these threads right from the start. A previous winner of the final six Craig is mentioned twice on Ray’s signature because it was his idea to record the wins in such a way. Norfolk is also one of my favourite posters on the rest of the board with his level headed views on our club. This season Craig has been his usual reliable self with his picks and comes into his week in top form so I think he has everychance of recording an overdue win for us PUPs. We can help him by finding our very best selection for consideration this weekend. Don’t forget for your pick to be of any use it must be listed on the Bet365 web site and be played on Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

I’ve provisionally sorted out the rota for the last 3 weeks of our season in May. Please let me know if these dates are ok. As always I can facilitate a change if necessary.

May  4th   Gregt

May  11th  Newcastle Uni Canary

May  18th  City-Til-I-Die

So now Ill hand the thread over to Norfolkchance1. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs.... Take it away Craig ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1932 for the Academy,so far.

[/quote]are you sure you mean me. i defiantly wasn''t in the top40 last season. if you do i can do it you do mean me.

Looks like Mr. Tilson and Mr. Bump are engaging in the strategy of runners as we move down the home stretch, and waiting out each others move. Put them on a clock, I say, just like in formal chess.

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]

are you sure you mean me. i defiantly wasn''t in the top40 last season. if you do i can do it you do mean me.
[/quote]

Yes I meant you buddy. Some of last years top 40 have left us this year. I''m really pleased I could get you a turn and I''m looking forward to it[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]

are you sure you mean me. i defiantly wasn''t in the top40 last season. if you do i can do it you do mean me.[/quote]

Yes I meant you buddy. Some of last years top 40 have left us this year. I''m really pleased I could get you a turn and I''m looking forward to it[Y]

[/quote]fantastic [:D]my pick this week is morton - airdrie utd - Home winmorton 2nd oo 10 - LWWWLWDairdried ham 10 oo 10 - LLLDLLDGood luck all. we''re due a good week

Cheers for the build up Nutty, I''m hoping to put the selections together on friday evening 6.00ish hope this is OK.

Some good suggestions so far, keep them coming!

I''m also going for a home win for Barcelona v. Mallorca.

Barcelona are W13 D1 L0 F47 A11 at home and Mallorca are W2 D3 L10 F14 A32 away.

Good Luck, norfolkchance1!

I''m going to have to go with Hissing Sid this week, Juve will want to bounce back from CL disappointment and give bottom of the league Pescara a thrashing, and give them the confidence to try and turn the tie around against Bayern a few days later, stats are heavily in Juve''s favour, and with CL exit likely they won''t want to give Napoli any hope of catching them in the league.

Juventus vs Pescara- Home win.

Good luck :)

Afternoon Everyone

MMMK - BORUSSIA DORTMUND -v- Augsburg HOME WIN

MM - Willem II -v- PSV AWAY WIN

Good Luck everyone

[quote user="YankeeCanary"] Looks like Mr. Tilson and Mr. Bump are engaging in the strategy of runners as we move down the home stretch, and waiting out each others move. Put them on a clock, I say, just like in formal chess.[/quote]

[IMG]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc506/TRUTexturesT2G/Train2Game_Textures/Countdown-GIF-white-1.gif[/IMG]

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Norfolkchance 1 and to all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Off to Spain and a HOME WIN please for REAL MADRID v Levante.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"] Looks like Mr. Tilson and Mr. Bump are engaging in the strategy of runners as we move down the home stretch, and waiting out each others move. Put them on a clock, I say, just like in formal chess.[/quote]

[IMG]http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc506/TRUTexturesT2G/Train2Game_Textures/Countdown-GIF-white-1.gif[/IMG]

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Norfolkchance 1 and to all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Off to Spain and a HOME WIN please for REAL MADRID v Levante.

[/quote]

Careful, Mr. Tilson.....someone might think you''re Wiz.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Careful, Mr. Tilson.....someone might think you''re Wiz.

[/quote]

You obviously haven''t heard about the promotion Yankee.....

[;)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Is that me on the 18th NN ? If so all good m8 Cheers.[/quote]

Yep that''s you buddy. Glad you can do it and I''m looking forward to it [Y]

Purple..I finally got round to your email, sorry it took a while.

I''ve been looking after Trent''s pick and he went for Ajax v Heracles Home Win.