Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

More positives for you

If we by some chance are relegated  (yes, I know, we should be ok, but just in case) what would the scenario be?   A team largely debt free.  A strong squad that doesn''t concede.   Players proven at Championship level.   RVW, who would still be joining.   A manager who has a proven record of good football and promotion from the championship.Things may  get tough this season  and if the worst happens the bottom line is, we would be a very strong squad in a league where we could aim for the top and aim to win every game.     My point is that there is no need for the doom slaying at the moment and if we do go down, things could actually seem ok once a new season got under way.I''m not suggesting we should look forward to the possibility of going down,  I am saying that we should enjoy the run in to the end of the season without the wailing and gnashing of teeth about everything that is wrong with us. Just enjoy the battle. Anyway, as I say, relegation is not the end of the world and Hughton is a class act and next season will see us flourish under him, with goals easier to come by and better forward play - and that is true whether we are in this division or the one below.  I''m looking forward to next season in the PL, but I''m not certain of it -  however, I do know we are going to have an exciting end to the season.Bring it on!

Its so easy to get depressed about things when your team isn''t scoring, but the best chance we''ve got is if we stay positive and get behind the team. Last time I was at Carrow Rd it was so quiet I couldn''t believe it.  What''s the matter with you?  Get excited by the run in.   We''re not in the premiership every season.   Get out there and enjoy it!!!!

LDC, as much as I try to remain positive I see a couple of large flaws in your post, and I''m not creating an arguement for arguements sake.

1. We can''t win a game and we can''t score goals. One win in, what is it, 13? Is relegation form for anyone.

2. Do you honestly think in today''s mercenary age, that we will be able to keep hold of our best players? Holt and Hooly will stay but Snods, Pilks, Seb, Tettey, Ruddy ? All will get premiership offers from clubs who will pay big wages. And while we''re at it I would strongly suspect that there is a clause in the RVW contract should we go down.

Having said all that, Holt will do for Swansea on Saturday and everything will be fine 😀

Carrow Road atmosphere has been poor for some time LDC, too many complacent old codgers who don''t believe that they have a roll in raising the roof and lifting our team. We need a cup final atmosphere on Saturday!

Great to see you back L.D.C (a poster with some class)!!!! Also a great post its sad that were having to think about the possibility of being relegated. I''d be heart broken if we do go down especially with the T.V money on offer if we stay up, we could really really strengthen our squad with that and THEN if we went down  the following eason we could throw everything at getting back up and with them sort if finances we would have a bloody good chance of bouncing back up.

Its not just the home support which is suffering. The support at Wigan was pathetic on Saturday. Well over 2000 there but it sounded like an away day for the Geofrey Watling Stand. A few pockets of isolated singing but the majority just didn''t join in.

Great post LDC! Nail on the head...

Im personally really enjoying this run-in, cause this is what real football is all about. When did we start turning into the kind of fans who think he have a devine right to survival? I honestly believed we would nick the Wigan game with 10 minuntes to go and was on the edge of my seat but then... well you know the rest. We still have a great chance and the team aand players have come out and begged for our support. We need to get behind the team, and IF we do go down we wil be very well equipped to come back up. Lets stop acting like Liverpool or chelsea fans and enjoy our team and life in the prem.

That''s what''s worrying me, the fans are getting more and more disillusioned and are not seeing anything to inspire them on the pitch, this has been noticeable at home and sounds like its happening away too. We really need to get it going on Saturday and play our part!

[quote user="lake district canary"]If we by some chance are relegated  (yes, I know, we should be ok, but just in case) what would the scenario be?  

A team largely debt free.  A strong squad that doesn''t concede.   Players proven at Championship level.   RVW, who would still be joining.   A manager who has a proven record of good football and promotion from the championship.

Things may  get tough this season  and if the worst happens the bottom line is, we would be a very strong squad in a league where we could aim for the top and aim to win every game.    

My point is that there is no need for the doom slaying at the moment and if we do go down, things could actually seem ok once a new season got under way.

I''m not suggesting we should look forward to the possibility of going down,  I am saying that we should enjoy the run in to the end of the season without the wailing and gnashing of teeth about everything that is wrong with us. Just enjoy the battle. Anyway, as I say, relegation is not the end of the world and Hughton is a class act and next season will see us flourish under him, with goals easier to come by and better forward play - and that is true whether we are in this division or the one below. 

I''m looking forward to next season in the PL, but I''m not certain of it -  however, I do know we are going to have an exciting end to the season.

Bring it on!

Its so easy to get depressed about things when your team isn''t scoring, but the best chance we''ve got is if we stay positive and get behind the team. Last time I was at Carrow Rd it was so quiet I couldn''t believe it.  What''s the matter with you?  Get excited by the run in.   We''re not in the premiership every season.   Get out there and enjoy it!!!!

[/quote]

I''d dispute the first half of that sentence, as for the second part, remember that he did that with a Newcastle side that contained Carroll,Nolan.Coloccini,Guttirez and Barton etc etc. Would our team next season compare with that?, that of course will depend on who stays, despite all protestations to the contrary I still can''t believe RVW would join us in the Championship,would the likes of Bassong or Snodgrass stick around?  On paper a side in the championship conatining Bassong,Snodgrass,Howson,Pilkington,Holt and even a proven striker at that level in Becchio ''should'' walk the league?.....but its all a question of motivation to mount such a challenge, would have thought Wolves would be where they are this season??

[quote user="Vanwink"]Carrow Road atmosphere has been poor for some time LDC, too many complacent old codgers who don''t believe that they have a roll in raising the roof and lifting our team. We need a cup final atmosphere on Saturday![/quote]Where do you sit VanWink?  In The Barclay or Snakepit?  They''ve been crap all season for atmosphere, so perhaps you should do something about it as well.

Good to see you back LDC and good post,

I''m not thinking about relegation because I''m confident we''ll get another 4/5 pts to see us over the line [:)]

Vanwink: "That''s what''s worrying me, the fans are getting more and more disillusioned and are not seeing anything to inspire them on the pitch, this has been noticeable at home games and sounds like it is happening away too.  We really need to get it going on Saturday and play our part!"

CR almost feels like a library these days.  Weird.   It used to be just at MU where people said the fans just sat back and waited to be entertained and just moaned if they weren''t.   Where has the singing gone?   One of the best things about where we sit is watching the Barclay End in a sea of colour and noise before a match.    Most of the time it is quiet, half empty until two minutes before kick off.    It gets noisier when we are competing well, but why can''t we start a match with some enthusiasm anymore?

The best atmosphere I can remember before a match was at the start of the league 1 season.   The noise and atmosphere before the match was fantastic  (spoilt by what followed).   These last two seasons there is an air of almost apprehension before matches.   Why is that?   Why can''t we get up for these games without feeling the tension?     I don''t like harping to years gone by when things seemed better, but I agree with the sentiment we should be enjoying the football more than we appear to be.    It should be a great match on Saturday.   Lets hope we as fans can make it a hostile place for the Swans.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Good to see you back LDC and good post,

I''m not thinking about relegation because I''m confident we''ll get another 4/5 pts to see us over the line [:)]

[/quote]

Cheers, guys.   I just needed a break.I''m confident too, but we''ve needed a lot of patience this season after three momentous seasons and it was always going to be tough run in.   No team below 11th place is safe and to be in the top ten at this stage of the season would have been a lot to ask for.    We should be ok if we keep picking up draws and the odd win this season.   Next season will be more of a Hughton style season as he will have had the close season to reassess the players he has already and bed in the new players.   By "Hughton style" I of course mean the flowing good football he is known for.    This season will have been tough for him and the players in getting them defending better - which surely everyone recognises was a necessity - and competing with everyone on an equal footing.   After all, that is what we want - to be able to compete on equal terms with the best - without being seen as cannon fodder.   That he has largely achieved (apart from Liverpool) and the players he has brought in all look up to the job.  Like I said, this is the business end of the season for us and a lot of other clubs.   A great time to be a supporter.  

There''s nothing positive at all about relegation, get a grip...

I''m in the city stand not too far from the snakepit, the snakepit has been good all season but the rest of the ground is poor.

On Saturday we everyone to play their part! OTBC

@ Blofield - yes we seemed incredibly quiet on Saturday. Fewer of us made more noise at Sunderland even before the sending off. Interestingly, looking at the Wigan programme, our away support was at the poor end, and has been subject to a spectacular decline this season beyond what can be down to economic circumstance. But thereagain with only one victory away all season, and no likelihood of attempting to win at Stoke, that''s it for this season. As regards Carrow Road, as home grounds go, I don''t think it''s any quieter than many others in fact.

I went to more away games last season than I have done this one to be honest, opportunity to visit grounds I''ve not been to before and it was good to watch the football, this year I have been to a few but the cost is a lot and the entertainment value unfortunately makes it a less attractive option. You still get a good day out but that is more about the crack than the game.

I suspect many away supporters are feeling the same!

I

I am sure that there were many reasons that support at Wigan was below expectations not least the disatnce and the fact that it was Easter, a time for families and not as easy for many to get away.

[quote user="Scooby"]LDC, as much as I try to remain positive I see a couple of large flaws in your post, and I''m not creating an arguement for arguements sake.

1. We can''t win a game and we can''t score goals. One win in, what is it, 13? Is relegation form for anyone.

2. Do you honestly think in today''s mercenary age, that we will be able to keep hold of our best players? Holt and Hooly will stay but Snods, Pilks, Seb, Tettey, Ruddy ? All will get premiership offers from clubs who will pay big wages. And while we''re at it I would strongly suspect that there is a clause in the RVW contract should we go down.

Having said all that, Holt will do for Swansea on Saturday and everything will be fine 😀[/quote]
McNally has previously tweeted that he will be a Norwich player come what may. Which I found reassuring as I had the same concern.

LDC, nice to read another positive post from you. The most important part of it: LET''S GET BEHIND THE BOYS!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Its so easy to get depressed about things when your team isn''t scoring, but the best chance we''ve got is if we stay positive and get behind the team. [/quote]Oh good, everyone''s resurrecting themselves.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]Its so easy to get depressed about things when your team isn''t scoring, but the best chance we''ve got is if we stay positive and get behind the team. [/quote]Oh good, everyone''s resurrecting themselves.[/quote]

Your enthusiasm is overwhelming..................

"Joanna Grey" Vanwink (Wiz)....

....my money''s on Vanwink (Smudger)

What with that and LDC''s return and his alter ego posting on the same thread, it is indeed surreal times on the pink''un messageboard.

Oh good, everyone''s resurrecting themselves.

Did anyone else watch in the In The Flesh on Beeb3??

The rotters v HVF v humanity...

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]"Joanna Grey" Vanwink (Wiz).... ....my money''s on Vanwink (Smudger) What with that and LDC''s return and his alter ego posting on the same thread, it is indeed surreal times on the pink''un messageboard.[/quote]

Vanwink - my money is on Cluck, he has to be on here somewhere [:)]

As for the positives we''ll win on Saturday, I''ve never felt more confident.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Good to see you back LDC.[/quote]

Why,where has he been ? [:^)]