Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Dear Pantwetters

Could those of you, who are currently nervous/negative/hysterical etc of our current League position, please give me the heads up as to where you will be sitting, at games, next season?

With Movers and Shakers on the horizon, I would really appreciate some advance knowledge, so our paths do not have to cross. It would be better all round if we could avoid this scenario.

Cheers

Not sure what your problem is crabby, but it is only natural to be concerned with our league position.  Why we have to think we are safe now  I don''t know.    Are you so insecure that you can''t handle the thought that if we don''t get any points in the next two or three matches then we could be sucked in to a battle?    The onus is on the team to perform and get points,  but like any other team, if they don''t they will go down the table.   A couple of wins and we could be in the top ten by the end of the season.   I don''t blame anyone for being a little concerned, particularly given the lack of attacking ability shown in the last two games. 

Maybe it is you that is insecure and needs the nappy........[;)]

"if we don''t get any points in the next two or three matches then we could be sucked in to a battle?"

and if we do get points in our next two or thre games we could still be in the battle for 9th place

how come we never hear about that, after all we a 9 points from the former and 7 from the latter ?

[quote user="City1st"]

"if we don''t get any points in the next two or three matches then we could be sucked in to a battle?"

and if we do get points in our next two or thre games we could still be in the battle for 9th place, how come we never hear about that, after all we a 9 points from the former and 7 from the latter ? [/quote]

Don''t know.   We are mid table therefore could go up or down.   I simply don''t know why people can''t accept that.   We''re not safe yet and yet if we play well we could end up in the top ten.   Why we have to latch on to things I don''t know.  We could go up the table, we could go down the table. It ain''t rocket science.

Yes. Because; qpr, reading, wigan, villa, soton, and sunderland would all be terrified if they were 9 points above the drop and shocking how Newcastle west ham fulham and stoke all have a majority fanbase who are calm as anything

We have the same amount of points as one of those groups. Which would it be I wonder?

I''ve no idea how old you are Crabby and, for all I know, you may still have been in nappies in 1985 and/or 1995. If so, I would suggest that you have  little read up on our fate in the May of those two years - a lesson from history.

and also our fate in 2005 when we were again relegated

still, if history teaches us anything it means we have another two seasons to go

cheers for the reminder bumbo muchkin

In 2005 we were a damp squib all season until, cut adrift at the bottom, we beat Man Utd and went on a late rally. Won''t mention Craven Cottage...

And in 73 we went on a nosedive, only to pull out of it at the memorable game against Palace

or 82 when we went on a rocket like clamber up the table ending with that memorable 5 minutes in the Leppings Lane end waiting for the Leicester result

and the other 5, 1975 when we were pretty much at the top all season and went up, at Pompey if I remember ... no ups or downs apart from the bloody bottles throw at us outside a pub that day and getting paraded past their lot before the games .. yikes chaps !

so stop weting your pants bumbo, this is what foorball is about

and personally I am more interested in 9th place

I wouldn''t be surprised if the catalyst for our downward spiral in years gone by is because of all these worry wart fans getting all nervous and worked up rather than getting behind the team for the final run in.

It''s embarrassing at times!

Or losing a key member of a paper thin squad - e.g. Gunn in ''94 and in previous years it seems like we sold our main striker.

This year we lost Ruddy mid-season and more recenty Tetty, anyone think that we have not been affected by those players not being available - even though Bunn has played pretty well it must be admitted...

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

I''ve no idea how old you are Crabby and, for all I know, you may still have been in nappies in 1985 and/or 1995. If so, I would suggest that you have  little read up on our fate in the May of those two years - a lesson from history.

[/quote]

I don''t get what history has to do with the present situation.... we have completely different players and coaching staff!

Stop living in the past ;)

We have lost just 6 of our last 22 PL games. Why do some of you think we are going to lose our last 9 especially as most of those are against teams at the bottom. Those same people saying how magnificent Villa are lol. They have already conceded more goals with 9 games left than they had for the last few seasons.

If you really think we are going down follow Wiz''s get rich quick scheme and go and put your money where your mouth is. Most bookies have us at 14/1 to be relegated if you go to Betfair and shop around you can get 20/1. The reason is because the bottom 5 constantly play each other they cant both get 3 points in the same game. 

"Most bookies have us at 14/1 to be relegated if you go to Betfair and shop around you can get 20/1"

Which means the money is not being placed on City to be relegated.

So I wonder what all of those pantwetters knowm that those punters don''t seem to know 

Something the pantwetters don''t seem that sure of, otherwise our odds would be way, way below what are listed as above

It''s a difficult message to get through to those that will not or do not want to see Cambridge. The reality is, in fairness what City 1st says, the converstion should be about how high we can finish.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

[/quote]

In 1995 we were 6th wth 20 matches left . We won 1 in 20 took 10 points out of 60 and went down.

In 2012/13 we were 7th on Dec 15 with 21 matches left.

In 1995 we took 9 points from the first twelve of the 20 match slide. This season we have taken 8 points from the first 12.

Both seasons feature the same things. Boring negative run of home draws in Jan and Feb , away day no shows.

Negative managers, key players injured or not performing. Over reliance on one defender staying fit.(Newsome/Bassong)

Too many parallels between 1995 and 2013

[quote user="patrickhiggins"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

[/quote]

In 1995 we were 6th wth 20 matches left . We won 1 in 20 took 10 points out of 60 and went down.

In 1995 we took 9 points from the first twelve of the 20 match slide. This season we have taken 8 points from the first 12.

Both seasons feature the same things. Boring negative run of home draws in Jan and Feb , away day no shows.

Negative managers, key players injured or not performing. Over reliance on one defender staying fit.(Newsome/Bassong)

[/quote]14th Jan 1996 Sunderland 0 Norwich City 1.So history tells us we''re going to win 1-0 on sunday because we beat them away 17 years ago doesn''t it, or are we going to beat them 3-0 because we did that once too in March 1961?As always the apocoloptimists try to use the exception to prove the rule. How many times have we NOT capitulated in the league?

[quote user="patrickhiggins"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

NO FURTHR COMMENT

[quote user="NeonYellow"]I wouldn''t be surprised if the catalyst for our downward spiral in years gone by is because of all these worry wart fans getting all nervous and worked up rather than getting behind the team for the final run in.

It''s embarrassing at times![/quote]

Forgot its us fans that are supposed to perform on the pitch.. Grow up!

[quote user="City1st"]

"Most bookies have us at 14/1 to be relegated if you go to Betfair and shop around you can get 20/1"

So I wonder what all of those pantwetters knowm that those punters don''t seem to know 

Something the pantwetters don''t seem that sure of, otherwise our odds would be way, way below what are listed as above

[/quote]

3/1 to go down now..

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

3/1 to go down now..