Sign in to follow this  
andyc24_uk

Glad we got the point but...

...We should have won today, and the blame for not doing so has to rest squarely with Hughton''s obsession with playing one up front. How much evidence does he require that it doesn''t work?! We looked FAR more dangerous once we had two forwards on the pitch...

A fair few positives though overall from today - Kamara looked a real handful, great workrate and popping up all over the place to cause trouble. Would love to see him and Becchio starting together (although I can''t see Hughton ever going for that, it''s always going to be 4-5-1)

Becchio looked solid and seemed capable at this elvel - he didn''t score but that''s more down to him being left alone and unsupported against two good centre-backs. Clearly an upgrade on Morison, so that was a shrewd bit of business by CH and McNally.

Defence played well today - I''m still not 100% convinced by Turner, I think bringing in someone new and making him 3rd choice has to be the second priority for the summer (after a new striker), but he tried his best today and Bassong was once again immense.

Tettey is starting to boss the midfield properly - Just what we need to see!

Snodgrass looked back to his best - a real handful, but again held back by having limited options to pass to thanks to the lone striker who was well marked for most of the game.

At the end of the day, a point is better than nothing, and with the other struggling teams also dropping points it helped us out - but a win would have given us some real breathing space. I dont think you can knock the players too much today, but I have to say Hughton''s negative tactics probably cost us two points.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]...We should have won today, and the blame for not doing so has to rest squarely with Hughton''s obsession with playing one up front. [/quote]

Should have done this, should have done that.   Should have?    Isn''t that disrespecting Fulham?   It takes two teams to make a match.   No match is a   should have won  match, imo.      Hughton sets up his teams to play football.   Its not his fault the players give the ball away, hold on to it too long, put in bad crosses.    Too much blame on Hughton.    Not enough focus on players not delivering what they need to.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="andyc24_uk"]...We should have won today, and the blame for not doing so has to rest squarely with Hughton''s obsession with playing one up front. [/quote]

Should have done this, should have done that.   Should have?    Isn''t that disrespecting Fulham?   It takes two teams to make a match.   No match is a   should have won  match, imo.      Hughton sets up his teams to play football.   Its not his fault the players give the ball away, hold on to it too long, put in bad crosses.    Too much blame on Hughton.    Not enough focus on players not delivering what they need to.

[/quote]

How about we could have won if Hughton had been a bit more attacking.

Not sure how you would know though as arent you one of those part timers who pick and choose

Both of the following are true:

1) we could have won if Hughton had been a bit more attacking.

2) we could have lost if Hughton had been a bit more attacking.

Flip a coin.

I hear all the above and consider myself a bit of a happy clapper, but it would be really nice change if at least ONCE every FOUR balls our midfield and strikers receive the ball, they pass it forwards rather than immediately turn back and pass backwards or sideways - or even better take on their man and run past them. 

I can only dream............  PMA