Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Hughton and his defensiveness

Once gain, a poor Fulham team t home, and again, we set out with one striker.

Dont give me this bullsh**t about being overrun in midfield if we play two strikers. Will not happen against this poor Fulham team who never win

Im so tired of Hughton''s negative football.

Another big chance to pull away down the drain with this supernegative manager in charge.

Other results seemingly going our way at ht but we are not able to make the most of it.

Give me Kamara up front to partner Becchio, pleeeeeeease!

Are the tactics boring and defensive? Yes. Does the number of strikers have anything at all to do with it? No.More strikers = more attacking is an incredibly simplistic way of looking at it.

One of the worst games of football i have ever seen, nothing from either team, with the exception of Snodgrass. I just feel sorry for the fans who were there.

I am not going to get annoyed with Hughton yet though, he has done a great job this season and it''s great to see us being hard to break down, however we have no movement in the final third, the striker is constantly isolated and have no goal threat from open play. This isn''t just a recent thing, it has been for the majority of the season.

We need to get better results against the teams around us, last season it was those results which kept us up, this season it looks like the results against the top teams will keep us up, coupled with the poor form of the teams below us.

I would like to see one of two things, either Snodgrass given a go in the hole, i feel he is more direct and influential going forward than Wes, or a switch to 4 4 2, which would probably see Wes dropped to the bench. BTW, this isn''t a go at Wes, think he has done well this season, however he is the creative player playing in the most influential part of the pitch, if it''s not working with him there then it''s time to try something different.

I think both teams were scared to lose. It doesn''t matter anyhow because the gap is opening.

[quote user="Nick"]I think both teams were scared to lose. It doesn''t matter anyhow because the gap is opening.[/quote]

Well, it it this frame of mind which is dangerous. We are relying on other teams failing, which they are at the moment, but we all know things can change rapidly at the end of the season, just see Wigan last season.

We need to bit teams like Fulham at home.

Now we face Everton at home, and Man U away, and these games look like two losses.

Today was a huge opportunity to get some breeding space, and we did not take it, due to Hughton and his very poor tactics.

He is playing a dangerous game. NOt only with reference to points on the board, but also the supporters appreciation of the team.

Noone will want to pay for this crap brand of football, at the prices they are charging.

I dont think HUghton is the right man for NOrwich. We have never been a defensive minded team, and although there was a need to improve the defensive part of our game, Hughton has overplayed this, and we are now without offensive plans at all, relying on set pieces, individual brilliance (which we dont have), or just mistakes by the other team.

Terrible, in my eyes.

Why, oh, why, dont play 4-4-2 and play Becchio and Kamara together. Show some bloody intent.

Get the supporters to back the team.

Did you hear the silence at CR today?

Almost like a funeral, as it has been in the last months (actually for much of the season).

It has all to do with the negative football we are playing.

[quote user="Nick"]I think both teams were scared to lose. It doesn''t matter anyhow because the gap is opening.[/quote]That depends on the result of Villa v WestHam

a defensive approach is not just the number of strikers, of course we all know its the total mentality and approach.  its playing two DMs and keeping two rigid lines of 4 players.  but also have to admit its also a lack of quality from our players.  if a team like manyou or citeh played with our discipline we would be fine. part of our woes is the lack of individual quality.  how many players apart from hoops can keep possession of the ball?  apart from snodders and pilks can run past players?  pilks has put some awesome goals away, but for all robert''s play, his end product is woeful. as is elliott''s.  as is tetteys and johnsons''s passing.  i love all these players, but a game like today shows all of our weaknesses all to plainly.  i love NCFC but its so tough sometimes lol