Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

To all who thinks the gap is "widening"

To all of you happy to keep up with Hughtons negative tactics, claiming it is more important that the gap is widening:

If Villa beat West Ham tomorrow (quite likely), the gap is 6 points, not 8.

We have 2 tought games coming up vs Everton and Man U away, losing both is a distinct possibility.

Then the gap may be quite small, given Reading and Sotons form of late.

Failing to beat crap teams like Fulham at home, when they where clearly there for the taking is pissing me off immensely.

I hatye to be this negative in my posts, but there is not much to be positive about in the present climate.

Even if we are lucky, and Villa lose or draw at maximum vs West Ham tomorrow, we will be 7 points off the drop, and still the feeling willl be that todays game was two points dropped and not one gained.

Thinking about what ifs / could have been/ should be this that and the other is the negative part. Because there are other alternative futures in which everyone goes much better for us. What will be, will be. I''m more annoyed by the lack of entertainment than league form, right now.

The only thing I like to remember is that right now as we stand its better to be 8 pts ahead...better to have points in the bag then games in hand.

The gap will still be widening even if Villa close it to six, because the number of games left for them to catch up is decreasing, there are an infinite number of games.

40 points is the magic number, probably 38.

A six point gap with 12 games left to play is just as large as a seven point gap with 15 games left to play.

And besides, what the hell makes you think that Villa will beat West Ham? The Hammers won last week, have Andy Carroll back, and Villa are crud.

I never thought I would want West Ham to win as much as I do tomorrow. If they do (which is unlikley given their shocking away form), the bottom three will start to feel adrift. Next week, QPR have Man Utd at home, Villa have Arsenal away and Wigan have Reading away. With the way that Southampton and Reading are responding, the bottom three could start to run out of games - subject of course to Villa not winning tomorrow.

If you take the trouble to read the Fulham team sheet you will realise they are not a crap side. They are an established premiership outfit with a rich owner and good manager we are on the same points as them people need to get real this season is all about staying up. If we have this quality and performances in 3 seasons time i would accept we have a problem at the moment we are getting closer to the finishing line