Sign in to follow this  
superzach

hoolahoops

''hoops is obviously central to our creative play, but i don''t wonder how much better we would be if he could play on the left or right wing.  one of our best players for retaining position (I am looking at you Elliott!) but we are so limited by him only being able to play in the hole. how much more effective would be be with a 4-4-2 type formation with two strikers up front being fed by hoops and snoders?all hypothetical of course....

[quote user="superzach"]''hoops is obviously central to our creative play, but i don''t wonder how much better we would be if he could play on the left or right wing.  one of our best players for retaining position (I am looking at you Elliott!) but we are so limited by him only being able to play in the hole. how much more effective would be be with a 4-4-2 type formation with two strikers up front being fed by hoops and snoders?all hypothetical of course....[/quote]

I agree mate. He''s played there before and can do again. I''d like to see us try it. 2 up front with snoddy and hoolahan in the team would be nice to see. Something needs to change.

[quote user="superzach"]''hoops is obviously central to our creative play, but i don''t wonder how much better we would be if he could play on the left or right wing.  one of our best players for retaining position (I am looking at you Elliott!) but we are so limited by him only being able to play in the hole. how much more effective would be be with a 4-4-2 type formation with two strikers up front being fed by hoops and snoders?all hypothetical of course....[/quote]Hoolahan is not a winger, and he is not a striker.We would be torn apart down the left side if he was on the wing.Unfortunately sacrifices have to be made so we can accommodate him in his best position, but I consider them worth it based on his amazing performance today.

Come on you can''t seriously be suggesting Wes as a winger, of all our many mid field players he is the least able to play in that position, defensively he would be destroyed, and his ability to turn and creat on the edge of the box would be lost.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Come on you can''t seriously be suggesting Wes as a winger, of all our many mid field players he is the least able to play in that position, defensively he would be destroyed, and his ability to turn and creat on the edge of the box would be lost.[/quote]

It''s not like he''s played left midfield at every club he''s been at including is it, oh hang on.........

Left midfield doesn''t mean you have to be a winger.

i think we should try him as one of 2 holding midfielders... (ok tin hat on).

I think with Hoolahan''s energy, and passing ability, and even though small, and a little light weight he will get a bit stuck in.

It would be an interesting experiment him starting the moves, and ok it could fail. But I think it has some merits.

[quote user="Baracouda"]i think we should try him as one of 2 holding midfielders... (ok tin hat on).

I think with Hoolahan''s energy, and passing ability, and even though small, and a little light weight he will get a bit stuck in.

It would be an interesting experiment him starting the moves, and ok it could fail. But I think it has some merits.[/quote]STEP AWAY FROM THE DRUGS.

i knew it was very different, and unorthodox, didn''t think it was that bad Morty.

Just feel we need more of a creative holding player, i.e Biglia would be amazing.

[quote user="Baracouda"]i think we should try him as one of 2 holding midfielders... (ok tin hat on).

It would be an interesting experiment him starting the moves, and ok it could fail. But I think it has some merits.[/quote]i have often though what a difference it would make if hoops could play as the CM/AM next to the DM in a 4-4-2.  it will ever be however.

interesting to see how much better newcastles performances have been since they ditched 442 and gone 451...

and we looked no better once jackson came on and we did go 442