Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

"£10m transfer budget next year......

.........if we stay up" - according to Dodgy Rumours!!!

We shall sign

Craig Bellamy - £5m

Chris Riggott - £1m

Julio Arca - £1m

Justin Hoyte - 1 year loan

Tonge - £1.25m

Darren Ambrose - £1.5m

We shouldn''t take such ''rumours'' too seriously, but it certainly sets one thinking about our likely strategy and targets in the Premiership next year. £10m sems to be a fair estimate of the budget that Worthy would have available.

Oh well, it''s nice to dream for a while instead of thinking about Blackburn on Saturday too much.

OTBC

Errr... Even if that was the case i would like to see more defenders brought in.

Justin Hoyte or Phillipe Senderos- season long loan

David Bentley- 1.75million

Michael Tonge- 1.5million

Tom Huddlestone- 1.25million

Jason Koumas- 1.4million

Jason Euell- 2million  (replacing Svensson who will probably leave)

Calum Davenport- 2million

Scott Parker- Season long loan

Yeah, I wish

But remember Worthy this site is far more entertaining during 1/2 term and late afternoon once the nursery schools have kicked out

[quote]But remember Worthy this site is far more entertaining during 1/2 term and late afternoon once the nursery schools have kicked out LOL! Oh, its like that is it.....

[quote].........if we stay up" - according to Dodgy Rumours!!! We shall sign Craig Bellamy - £5m Chris Riggott - £1m Julio Arca - £1m Justin Hoyte - 1 year loan[/quote]

Forgetting dodgy rumours BBB, when (not if) we stay up, then 10 million would be a reasonable figure for reinforcements.

In the unlikely event that we do go down, then I don''t think it would be reasonable to expect more than 3.5 million.

I never second guess transfer targets, but I would have hoped that 2, or 3 if Francis goes, new defenders and midfielder to come in.

But as I said, we''re not going down, so 10 million it is then.

Even if we had 10 million (and aside from Bellars most of those players could be targets should we stay up) you have to think about how much a contrcat would cost.

Sure, you can bring in 10 players for 1 million each, but if they are all on 20k a week the it costs you another 10 million per season in wages. Thus we''d need a budget of 20 million...

[quote]Do those estimates include any money we get from Greeno who is strongly rumoured to be on his way in the summer?[/quote]

Damn I''d forgot about him Tumbleweed!. I''m not sure he''ll go WHEN we stay up though, are you?.

If, if we go down then yes, I would hope his transfer fee would be added to the pot, along with any other transfer fees for departing players. ie. Francis.

But as I''ve said we ain''t going down.

Regrettably I do think he''ll go. It probably is time for him to test himself on the Champions League stage, much as I would hate to see it happen. But I really would be disappointed if he went to a Villa or a Boro.

As to kitty,  I am not sure that Francis would necessarily be snatched up. He has moments of inspired work but does seem to lumber about aimlessly from time to time neither marking nor closing down. We don''t have much that another Premiership club would covet at the moment.

How about Daniel De Ridder of Ajax? He played for the Holland Under-21''s and looked immense. A season long loan with an option to buy would be a very shrewd move as the guy looks strong, has flair and an eye for goal - a rich man''s Bentley, if you will...

[quote]Damn I''d forgot about him Tumbleweed!. I''m not sure he''ll go WHEN we stay up though, are you?. If, if we go down then yes, I would hope his transfer fee would be added to the pot, along with any othe...[/quote]

Wiz, you''ve got to believe with the performances of both Almunia and Lehmann at Arsenal this season that Green must be a candidate for a place there.

You might even argue that both Howard and Carroll haven''t been exemplary at Manure either. So there''s another club who might want a keeper.

I''d like to see him stay with the club as he''s clearly an integral part of building a solid defense, but if you put yourself in his shoes and you were offered a position at a club plying it''s trade in the Champions League wouldn''t you take it? Wouldn''t hurt his international claims either.....

[quote]Wiz, you''ve got to believe with the performances of both Almunia and Lehmann at Arsenal this season that Green must be a candidate for a place there. You might even argue that both Howard and Carroll...[/quote]

You''re dead right Morph, I really should have said I HOPE he don''t go if we stay up, but I fear you will be right.

Whatever happens, I for one wish him well, he deserves that at the very least.

I think 10mil when we stay up is a bit optimistic.  Considering we''ve only spent £4-5M this year I can''t see us doubling it.  I know I''ve been wrong about the board before but established Prem clubs (charlton, bolton, fulham etc) don''t spend 10mil in a season

The point was made earlier in this thread, wages account for as much again as transfer fees. Then there''s the overhead from running a sizeable organisation - buildings, fixtures, other staff, marketing etc etc

So perhaps a transfer kitty of £6/7m is sustainable given income is believed to be £20m+ per season. I suppose we must have spent at least £4m this year - Ashton, Jonson.

That seems to live with the level of investment seen from the more rational players (ie those without a millionaire chairman).

That would be new money on top of any transfer receipts.

yeah i agree i think about £7million would be the budget because there is no doubt that the team needs strengthening in all departments, here is the sort of players i would like to see brougght in

• Jason Koumas From WBA for around £2,000,000 if the deal could be brokered
  • Shabani Nonda on a free from Monaco  
  • More Scandanavians possibly John Carew
  • Stephen Hammel i think he is called, a left back at Motherwell
  • David Riordin From Hibernian
  • Jon Spector On A Years Loan
  • Neil Mellor On A Seasons Loan
  • Pablo Counago ( i really rate him as a player lol)