Sign in to follow this  
hans moleman

Southampton at home

I''m really getting concerned, by the time this fixture is here we will be right in the scrap and probably below them at kick off. One goal in our last six matches and setting up with 6 defensive players at home to Fulham is really horendus. The manager is so scared of losing games there is no opportunity to win them. If we get dragged right into the relegation battle the performances yesterday and at home to Newcastle, games we should be looking to win, show that we have no fight for it. The gap is down to 6 now and getting smaller each week. CH needs to start earning his money and actually change things before its too late.

I can''t wait for this fixture l! It will either:

A) Show that we really do ruin a game of football

Or

B) Will have just enough to pip our relegation rivals

Stig wrote the following post at 10/02/2013 8:43 PM:

Or

I certainly think your B is right, we are certainly in a relegation battle now the gap is only 6 points, and having watched Man City destroyed by the Saints yesterday, I for one do not believe that we have enough with our negativity to beat them at all. I would suggest by the time we meet, they will be above us too, as maybe will Villa and reading.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Stig wrote the following post at 10/02/2013 8:43 PM:

Or

I certainly think your B is right, we are certainly in a relegation battle now the gap is only 6 points, and having watched Man City destroyed by the Saints yesterday, I for one do not believe that we have enough with our negativity to beat them at all. I would suggest by the time we meet, they will be above us too, as maybe will Villa and reading.[/quote]

So we get no points against Everton and United while Villa win at Arsenal and then beat Man City. Then Reading beat Wigan and win at Everton.

What odds will you lay me.

Southampton will finish above us because they are better, they should be they have spent nearl £40m in the last year, people dont mentionthat very often. They score goals and will be a threat when we play them. A 6 point gap should not be scoffed at though and we will win a couple of games before the end of the season and draw a few . It could turn out to our advantage of course if southampton have pulled away a bit they may not be quite so motivated

Ricardo, I think the direction of travel is evident. We''ll be lucky to get a point out of the next two games. So in all likelihood the gap will narrow, our confidence will erode further, pressure will increase - and, yes, our relegation odds will continue to fall.

[quote user="Stig"]You gotta admit Ricardo, that sounds more likely than not![/quote]

He doesn''t have to admit anything. All we need to do is when the corner is turned remember that YOU and YOUR TYPE gave up on the football team you claim to "Support"

Our forefathers would be ashamed of some of the cretinous talk on this board. Unbelievable.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Ricardo, I think the direction of travel is evident. We''ll be lucky to get a point out of the next two games. So in all likelihood the gap will narrow, our confidence will erode further, pressure will increase - and, yes, our relegation odds will continue to fall.[/quote]In that case take the 8-1 because in your opinion its going to get shorter.

Ricardo - yes 8-1 looks like the longest odds you can get - 5, 6 and 7s elsewhere. Not a betting man myself - don''t see many poor bookmakers. Would suggest keeping one''s money in the bank.

[quote user="Stig"]:D given up? Not a chance! Disinterested? Most certainly![/quote]

SPINELESS

Thjats okay, you kick back and relax and let everyone else support the team. Doubt you''ve been to a game in quite some time, if ever, anyway.

Sure you''ll be back when we beat Man-United, your sort always are.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Ricardo - yes 8-1 looks like the longest odds you can get - 5, 6 and 7s elsewhere. Not a betting man myself - don''t see many poor bookmakers. Would suggest keeping one''s money in the bank.[/quote]

That''s why QPR are 1-6, Reading 1-2 and Wigan 8-15

The odds aren''t forever though. If  the gap closes the odds get shorter if it opens they get longer. If people think we will be relegated don''t wait for the Everton game. Because if results go against us then the 8/1 could become 4/1 or less. Earlier in the season I started a thread showing we were odds on favourites to go down while QPR were 7/2. I doubt anyone waited for QPR''s price to drop before they bet.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Ricardo, I think the direction of travel is evident. We''ll be lucky to get a point out of the next two games. So in all likelihood the gap will narrow, our confidence will erode further, pressure will increase - and, yes, our relegation odds will continue to fall.[/quote]

In that case take the 8-1 because in your opinion its going to get shorter.
[/quote]

Eights ? Really? I can only find 6-1 ;-)

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Ricardo, I think the direction of travel is evident. We''ll be lucky to get a point out of the next two games. So in all likelihood the gap will narrow, our confidence will erode further, pressure will increase - and, yes, our relegation odds will continue to fall.[/quote]

I think that is a realistic view Highland Canary.