Sign in to follow this  
Raedwald

Blackpool comparison

When Blackpool went down they had 22 points at Christmas and after their poor run accumulated 17 points over the rest of the season to total 39 but still got relegated. At Christmas we had 25 and since then have accumulated a further 4.

They played very gung ho however many you score we''ll get one more to our we''ll try not to let any in but nick one off you.

Either way seems to gain similar results. But as long as our our way gleans another 11 points it will do.

The worrying thing is that the QPR and Fulham games were the ''winnable'' ones. Now have Everton and Man U who I expect very little change from and Southampton who on current form could easily beat us.

Equally though, people will have said Spurs was one of those ones we were going to lose - yet we didn''t.

We''ve lost to some poor teams this season, beaten some great ones (including 1 team who have only lost 4 games all season). So it wouldn''t surprise me if we got something from Everton (United at OT might be a bit too far).

Also since we played them, Southampton have only gained 2 more points than us, so they are hardly in great form! (We are on 13 they are on 15). Yes I can understands being unsure of us beating them, but they are hardly better than Newcastle and Fulham, so no reason why we can''t at least avoid defeat - but hopefully we can win.

[quote user="Raedwald"]

When Blackpool went down they had 22 points at Christmas and after their poor run accumulated 17 points over the rest of the season to total 39 but still got relegated. At Christmas we had 25 and since then have accumulated a further 4.

They played very gung ho however many you score we''ll get one more to our we''ll try not to let any in but nick one off you.

Either way seems to gain similar results. But as long as our our way gleans another 11 points it will do.

[/quote]So, because a different team to us, who played in a different way, during a different season, with a different system, under a different manager, and from a different part of England, got relegated - it means we could also get relegated.Thanks for that.Do me a favour and try not to breathe.