Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Why the negativity?

Personally im feeling negative as Fulham is a game we all targetted 3 points from. We were very poor today. Add last week, Newcstle, Liverpool, West Ham and West Brom and its grim.We are lucky that the PL is home to many poor teams this year.

Simmo 8686 - Thanks for your constructive input, To answer your question I was actually at Carrow Road today and have been a regular since moving back to Norfok in 1986. I have seen worse teams but this team entertained and won games last season the fans were vocal even in defeat. This season has been dire and people keep coming up with the Man Utd and Arsenal results and quite correctly as these were fantastic results. Surely if we can beat the likes of these teams then we ought to be confident enough to have a go at the so called "lesser" teams.

I predict a lot of new season ticket holders next year if this continues.

Sorry GD, but your two posts here have nothing in common? The first indicates you are happy with today''s performance, and the second makes a nonsense of it? What is it to be?

City 2nd my first was posted with irony as I believe neither team were that bothered about winning the game. As such both camps were happy with a point.

It''s just us supporters who seem to be disappointed that we have spent hard earnt cash to watch it and not be entertained.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Personally im feeling negative as Fulham is a game we all targetted 3 points from. We were very poor today. Add last week, Newcstle, Liverpool, West Ham and West Brom and its grim.

We are lucky that the PL is home to many poor teams this year.
[/quote]

This puzzles me CUSDP. Earlier in the season I was told that the premier league was far stronger this season which would make it extremey difficult for us to stay up. Now I''m told it contains loads of poor sides which is why we remain out of the bottom three. Serious question if anyone would like to have a guess. Is it stronger or weaker than last season? On balance I think it''s stronger.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Personally im feeling negative as Fulham is a game we all targetted 3 points from. We were very poor today. Add last week, Newcstle, Liverpool, West Ham and West Brom and its grim.

[/quote]

This puzzles me CUSDP. Earlier in the season I was told that the premier league was far stronger this season which would make it extremey difficult for us to stay up. Now I''m told it contains loads of poor sides which is why we remain out of the bottom three. Serious question if anyone would like to have a guess. Is it stronger or weaker than last season? On balance I think it''s stronger.

[/quote]

Last season there were two sides - Wolves and Blackburn - that were plainly on the slide, and likely relegation candidates. Plus it turned out that Bolton didn''t replace their two goalscorers (Elmander and Sturridge) and lost Holden for the season. And those were the three that went down. In any other season QPR probably would have fallen back down.

This season there was only Villa as a club obviously in decline, and even there getting in a bright young and ambitious manager looked as if it might be the answer, and might still be. There are some weak sides down towards the bottom, including us, but only QPR look as terminally fated as those three last season.

In other words there is a difference between weakness per se and a weak side in decline.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Last season there were two sides - Wolves and Blackburn - that were plainly on the slide, and likely relegation candidates. Plus it turned out that Bolton didn''t replace their two goalscorers (Elmander and Sturridge) and lost Holden for the season. And those were the three that went down. In any other season QPR probably would have fallen back down.

This season there was only Villa as a club obviously in decline, and even there getting in a bright young and ambitious manager looked as if it might be the answer, and might still be. There are some weak sides down towards the bottom, including us, but only QPR look as terminally fated as those three last season.

In other words there is a difference between weakness per se and a weak side in decline.

[/quote]

That was the case being made, Bolton were also a club in decline who had lost their spending power. This meant that all three promoted sides managed to stay up including QPR. The argument was that with Southampton and West Ham having spending power and QPR''s big bucks made it stronger this season. And so it seems to have panned out with Villa and Wigan mirroring last season and QPR being a complete basket case.

Hughton''s comments on the game: "Well you have got to bear in mind that Fulham have a lot of experienced players with many premiership games behind them" What he did not say was that many of them are past their sell by date and did not seem to be interested in winning the game. Star man Berbatov walked about for the whole of the match and did not look as if he would ever hurt us.

Then Paul McVeigh says on Canary Call: "Football is not about entertaining its like any business, there to make money"

Does anybody wonder why there is negativity around.

[quote user="canarygirl"]"you''ve opened a can of worms and hit the nail on the head!" Is what the little Irishman said.[/quote]

Thank god the worms were ok then...

[quote user="canarygirl"]That was Butler acually[/quote]

It was definitely McVeigh acually. If you are over 65 you can get a free hearing test. If you are under 25 then I realise you cannot spell.

Must go to bed.