Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Villa v West Spam

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]gap down from 8 points to 6 ,with a worse goal diff than most.......this is a little too close for my liking now![/quote]

I warned you all, Hughton WILL take us down, but would you listern?.........................

[/quote]

Well, let''s see about that!

Wiz

wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:

Well,

I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

I

was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap

Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!

We''ve

struck gold. ....again.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]gap down from 8 points to 6 ,with a worse goal diff than most.......this is a little too close for my liking now![/quote]

I warned you all, Hughton WILL take us down, but would you listern?.........................

[/quote]

Wiz

Well,

I

We''ve

struck gold. ....again.

[/quote]That seriously never gets old.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:

Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!

We''ve struck gold. ....again.

[/quote]

Keep the quotes coming, I don''t do embarassed, and I won''t be gagged.

Hughton Out!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wiz

Well,

I

We''ve

struck gold. ....again.

[/quote]That seriously never gets old.[/quote]Let me know when it does,as I have plenty of alternatives...

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:

Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.

I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!

We''ve struck gold. ....again.

[/quote]

Keep the quotes coming, I don''t do embarassed, and I won''t be gagged.

Hughton Out!

[/quote]For Holloway or Lambert?

Wiz you have covered off just about every base with your comments, you have been anti hughton , pro hughton, non plussed by hughton, he''s going to take us down, he''s going to keep us ... you are living proof that even a broken clock is right twice a day... 

Lets be honest. The Villa manager spent the whole of the match urging his team on and to keep attacking. They were quite entertaining to watch but they will struggle as they appear to have a young inexperienced defence. During the secondhalf the manager appeared even more vociferous and did not spend 40 minutes or so discussing with his assistant whether to bring an attacker on after 85 mins or 87 mins !!!!!!!!

[quote user="vos"]Lets be honest. The Villa manager spent the whole of the match urging his team on and to keep attacking. They were quite entertaining to watch but they will struggle as they appear to have a young inexperienced defence. [/quote](Source the BBC website.)Villa vs West Ham.Villa shots 7 on target 2.Norwich vs Fulham.Norwich shots 15 on target 8.

Factual proof that anyone claiming Villa played a more exciting attacking game than Norwich this weekend is seriously deluded.

I think the figures quoted for Norwich were for the whole of the season !!!!  Seriously I certainly cannot recall 8 shots on target on Saturday, at least not what one would describe as a decent effort which stretched the keeper. The point I am making is that Villa pushed players forward in an effort to score a goal and win the game. We seem to play the ball - eventually - within 30 yards of the opponents goal, then start square passing and then eventually back to the keeper who then thumps it hopefully up the middle.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="vos"]Lets be honest. The Villa manager spent the whole of the match urging his team on and to keep attacking. They were quite entertaining to watch but they will struggle as they appear to have a young inexperienced defence. [/quote]

(Source the BBC website.)

Villa vs West Ham.

Villa shots 7 on target 2.

Norwich vs Fulham.

Norwich shots 15 on target 8.

Factual proof that anyone claiming Villa played a more exciting attacking game than Norwich this weekend is seriously deluded.
[/quote]

Now VOS you normally make a fair bit of sense to me but I can''t agree today. I thought Villa were abysmal. I thought both Norwich and Fulham played far better than Villa did today.

[quote user="vos"]I think the figures quoted for Norwich were for the whole of the season !!!!  Seriously I certainly cannot recall 8 shots on target on Saturday, at least not what one would describe as a decent effort which stretched the keeper. The point I am making is that Villa pushed players forward in an effort to score a goal and win the game. We seem to play the ball - eventually - within 30 yards of the opponents goal, then start square passing and then eventually back to the keeper who then thumps it hopefully up the middle.[/quote]

If you watched the game you would have seen that Villa''s only 2 shots on target were the penalty and the free kick. They were abysmal and somehow survived a bombardment by a not very good West Ham, more by luck than judgement. If they finish in front of us I will eat my cat.

To be fair I did only watch the secondhalf of the game. Villa are certainly poor but I did feel they went for the win - Lambert style - and deserved the 3 points. As they have been for most of the season, West Ham did not have a lot to offer in footballing terms.

Ricardo/Nutty do you not agree that the standards of many of the sides in the premiership this season are very average ??

Yes Ricardo, but what you forget is that people who are predisposed to a certain viewpoint on our manager will jump all over results like Villa''s today, whilst conveniently forgetting any decent results we''ve had this season.

Ultimately, we''re 6 points ahead of Villa this season, despite having what I imagine to be a considerably smaller budget. Yes, the football is not scintillating at present but some people really lack perspective.

[quote user="I.S."]Yes Ricardo, but what you forget is that people who are predisposed to a certain viewpoint on our manager will jump all over results like Villa''s today, whilst conveniently forgetting any decent results we''ve had this season. Ultimately, we''re 6 points ahead of Villa this season, despite having what I imagine to be a considerably smaller budget. Yes, the football is not scintillating at present but some people really lack perspective.[/quote]

Yes I do have a certain viewpoint on our Manager. It goes back to the pre-season game against Ajax - yes a quality team. We played two rigid lines of 4 in defence and nobody broke from that to support two front players. We did score from a freekick but otherwise we defended deeply for the rest of the match. Never looked like scoring. It seems that the same tactics still apply to the extent that we are just looking to score from set pieces.

I do have some perspective which simply is the whole of our team costs less than one single individual member of our opponents on several occasions, so what do I expect. But believe me sitting in the N & P - you''ve guessed - I think I am correct in stating we have only seen one goal scored by us at that end in the premiership so far this season. Hardly entertaining !!!! I agree that Villa could be relegated but my point is that the you know who Manager was at least trying to drive them on to get something from the game, whereas CH stands there hands in pocket and gives the impression he does not know what to do.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="vos"]I think the figures quoted for Norwich were for the whole of the season !!!!  Seriously I certainly cannot recall 8 shots on target on Saturday, at least not what one would describe as a decent effort which stretched the keeper. The point I am making is that Villa pushed players forward in an effort to score a goal and win the game. We seem to play the ball - eventually - within 30 yards of the opponents goal, then start square passing and then eventually back to the keeper who then thumps it hopefully up the middle.[/quote]

If you watched the game you would have seen that Villa''s only 2 shots on target were the penalty and the free kick. They were abysmal and somehow survived a bombardment by a not very good West Ham, more by luck than judgement. If they finish in front of us I will eat my cat.
[/quote]

God I hope that is a spelling mistake Ricardo. Otherwise Charlie and Rosie are very happy to welcome Snowy into the Beard family residence without any unnecessary involvement of the RSPCA[:)]

[quote user="vos"]

To be fair I did only watch the secondhalf of the game. Villa are certainly poor but I did feel they went for the win - Lambert style - and deserved the 3 points. As they have been for most of the season, West Ham did not have a lot to offer in footballing terms.

Ricardo/Nutty do you not agree that the standards of many of the sides in the premiership this season are very average ??

[/quote]

I think the league is stronger this season. Last season Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn were on the decline and didn''t have the funds of their competitors. So last season all promoted sides stayed up. QPR on the last day. This season Southampton and West Ham have had funds. Wigan and Villa are probably where they were last season and QPR are a basket case. I think that''s why all the teams from mid-table down, including Villa, are playing containing football through the fear of relegation.

I fear we will never have a top league which we can truly be competetive in like our days of old VOS. In some respects I think however long we stay up we will be ruled by fear and that sooner rather than later we will return to the championship.

I think you have some decent points Vos, but all I would say is wait until CH has had time to assemble a squad of his players. You must admit his signings so far (Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Tettey) have significantly improved the depth of the squad to such an extent it makes you realise what a miracle Lambert performance last season.

I''m as frustrated as any fan at the lack of entertainment we''re witnessing at the moment, but I think it''s pretty ludicrous to judge Hughton on the back of what has been a very difficult situation to manage given the summer turmoil and increased quality of the division this season. The way some people are talking, you would imagine we are in QPR''s position right now...

To anybody who is advocating a knee-jerk change or clamouring for ridiculously overpriced signings (e.g. Hooper), I would say look at two ends of the division - Chelsea and QPR and see that changing the manager and/or spending big money on players does not guarantee success. Let Hughton build a squad and see where it takes us, but clearly we are not his finished article at present.

I feel it''s important to stick together, hopefully get the boys over the line sooner rather than later, and grow/progress as a well, responsibly run club.