Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

player's 'reward' for being knocked out of the cup by a non league team.....

So they should be sat on the naughty step instead, in your opinion?Maybe be made to run up and down Mousehold Heath?

I don''t care how much money they spend or where they take them, but I don''t understand why they would go somewhere so damn hot.

It will take them more than four days to acclimatize to the weather and will probably leave them more drained than they were before leaving.

A flight to Dubai, four days playing football in the sweltering heat, and then a flight back from Dubai.

How is that supposed to benefit our Premier League performances? Would make more sense to me if they just went to some posh European health resort and spa and had four days off getting massages, playing a bit of tennis, and sitting in a sauna.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I don''t care how much money they spend or where they take them, but I don''t understand why they would go somewhere so damn hot.

It will take them more than four days to acclimatize to the weather and will probably leave them more drained than they were before leaving.

A flight to Dubai, four days playing football in the sweltering heat, and then a flight back from Dubai.

How is that supposed to benefit our Premier League performances? Would make more sense to me if they just went to some posh European health resort and spa and had four days off getting massages, playing a bit of tennis, and sitting in a sauna.[/quote]Nice place to play golf.

[quote user="morty"]So they should be sat on the naughty step instead, in your opinion?

Maybe be made to run up and down Mousehold Heath?

[/quote]

thats not a bad idea

Must admit I do see this as a bit strange. Recent results suggest time would be better spent on the training ground with shooting, crossing, and free kick practice.

I know they can still do this but a lot of time will be spent training and it smacks of a works outing.

Hopefully will at least build team spirit and allow them to come back fired up again.

Although i do seem to recalll the idiot Roeder did a similar thing at this time of year and it led to a complete loss of form and we plummeted down the league!?!?

They used to do a pre-season marathon around Norwich whilst Worthy was in charge I believe

Some folks here really show themselves up about their lack of knowledge about the modern game of football, they really do.The psychology of winning mentality, team spirit and team bonding are almost as important as the usual attributes of fitness and technique.Or perhaps, like I say, they should all be punished for not being good enough, perhaps put in stocks in Norwich market so we can all throw rotten fruit at them? And please, do yourself a favour and try and avoid the "overpaid, nancy boy, premiership footballers" accusation.

Hughton intends to make the most of the club''s four-day trip to Abu Dhabi.

''It

has been difficult for us because Norfolk has been hit a bit heavier

than most with the weather, when we have had quite a few days where we

have struggled to get them onto the training pitch,'' he said.

''So we are looking forward to a good few days training on some decent surfaces.''

The

Norwich boss accepts there will be plenty to work on, most notably how

to turn spells of possession into goalscoring opportunities.

''We

have had periods of playing good attacking football and being solid at

the back, as well as being open,'' said Hughton, who had guided his team

to a superb 11-match unbeaten league run through from mid-October until

just before Christmas.

''At

the moment, we are certainly looking more solid as a team, but probably

just lacking the flare qualities in that final third.''

[quote user="Tiffey Boy"]Should do Holts back good, sitting on a plane for 5/6 hrs!![/quote]

I don''t think they''ll be slumming it in economy somehow.....

I remember the last time our boys were taken abroad to "kick start the season", and that was in the Glenn Roeder era...

Different set-up entirely now, but that still haunts me.

Morty,

Do you assume that all Norwich fans have their heads buried in the sand, apparently oblivious to what goes on in the world? You realise that team bonding isn''t a football exclusive concept right? Pretty much every corporation in the world. football or non-football related, sends people on team bonding exercises, you won''t prove a superior knowledge of the football world by stating the outright obvious. A good 8000 people in Norwich work for Aviva who get paid work nights out, another 20000 probably work in civil service where they have sports days..... we get it.

heat makes tired limbs recover faster and we can work on our attacking shortfall out there as easily as in norfolk. with new members in the squad whats not to like???

enforce two training sessions a day and it may be harder work!!!

If it helps improve the morale, bonding, tactics or quality in the squad I''m all for it. Frankly, the cups are luxuries we can''t afford to risk our players in if, and until, we become and established PL team.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I don''t care how much money they spend or where they take them, but I don''t understand why they would go somewhere so damn hot. It will take them more than four days to acclimatize to the weather and will probably leave them more drained than they were before leaving. A flight to Dubai, four days playing football in the sweltering heat, and then a flight back from Dubai. How is that supposed to benefit our Premier League performances? Would make more sense to me if they just went to some posh European health resort and spa and had four days off getting massages, playing a bit of tennis, and sitting in a sauna.[/quote]

Damn hot? Sweltering heat? It''s only mid to high twenties there.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Morty,

Do you assume that all Norwich fans have their heads buried in the sand, apparently oblivious to what goes on in the world? You realise that team bonding isn''t a football exclusive concept right? Pretty much every corporation in the world. football or non-football related, sends people on team bonding exercises, you won''t prove a superior knowledge of the football world by stating the outright obvious. A good 8000 people in Norwich work for Aviva who get paid work nights out, another 20000 probably work in civil service where they have sports days..... we get it.[/quote]Well if you read the whole thread, there are clearly people who don''t get it, my post was obviously aimed at them.Thanks for letting me know that you get it though.[Y]

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="morty"]So they should be sat on the naughty step instead, in your opinion?

Maybe be made to run up and down Mousehold Heath?

[/quote]

thats not a bad idea

[/quote]

Ron Saunders would hae had this underperforming lame bunch running up and down Hemsby dunes.

Its taking the p|$$

As per usual, whilst entitled to an opinion, what a load of negative tosh some on here spout, zero understanding of the modern game and just what our club has achieved and will achieve by keeping up in this second year back.

As soon as I read this I thought it was a great idea, two weeks to the next game, a tough run in, rubbish weather in the UK, a couple of new signings to settle in.......and an Abu Dhabi trip is arranged, smart I thought.... an excellent choice of destination to recharge the batteries, put some good training shifts in and do some crucial team bonding......I''d even give the boys a night out if they are good.

As for the weather, yes it''s summer vacation weather with temperatures between 20 and 25 max by day, ideal for a few hard sessions, chilly by night.....not always like an oven in the Middle East,but when it is FIFA have agreed to play a World Cup in it, now that''s crazy.

They will even probably get a great deal at a terrific hotel, because unlike Dubai there is now more rooms than visitors this time of year due to plenty of new hotels, and I am sure there will be top class training facilities as other top clubs like AC Milan, Bayern Munich are regular visitors for winter training camps and wouldnt come if they had to train on sand with camel sticks for goal posts.

I''m sure Abu Dhabi will provide a great week for little ole Norwich as some still seem to want us to be.......perhaps a week in Cromer would have suited some...OTBC

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

As per usual, whilst entitled to an opinion, what a load of negative tosh some on here spout, zero understanding of the modern game and just what our club has achieved and will achieve by keeping up in this second year back.

As soon as I read this I thought it was a great idea, two weeks to the next game, a tough run in, rubbish weather in the UK, a couple of new signings to settle in.......and an Abu Dhabi trip is arranged, smart I thought.... an excellent choice of destination to recharge the batteries, put some good training shifts in and do some crucial team bonding......I''d even give the boys a night out if they are good.

As for the weather, yes it''s summer vacation weather with temperatures between 20 and 25 max by day, ideal for a few hard sessions, chilly by night.....not always like an oven in the Middle East,but when it is FIFA have agreed to play a World Cup in it, now that''s crazy.

They will even probably get a great deal at a terrific hotel, because unlike Dubai there is now more rooms than visitors this time of year due to plenty of new hotels, and I am sure there will be top class training facilities as other top clubs like AC Milan, Bayern Munich are regular visitors for winter training camps and wouldnt come if they had to train on sand with camel sticks for goal posts.

I''m sure Abu Dhabi will provide a great week for little ole Norwich as some still seem to want us to be.......perhaps a week in Cromer would have suited some...OTBC

[/quote]Excellent post, particularly like the point I bolded.

ok, how about a comprimise, those players who had nothing to do with the Luton debacle get to fly off into the sun, those who pathetically lost to them which resulted in there being a football-less weekend stay here and slog it out in the cold and the wet with the rest of us.........and yes if necessary a few hill climbs on Mousehold!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

4 days warm weather training in Abu Dhabi this forthcoming week!

all very nice too I''m sure..

[/quote]

It`s not a bloody holiday FFS. there will be some serious training going on and a chance to work on a few things. lots of clubs do it these days, what`s the problem?

I have absolutely no doubt that those that were part of the Luton debacle understand that their performance was not good enough. It makes no sense whatsoever to split the squad the way you suggest GJL, I could not think of a better way to absolutely smash morale within the squad. I for one think this is a good idea, might try to stow away on the plane......

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Im sure its all been paid for by the fans...[/quote]No, it''s being paid by Abu Dhabi, they wanted attract a Premership team to visit. I guess its a good way to get "free" press coverage and advertise it as a destination!