Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Relegation battle looming!!

I firmly believe the dreaded Relegation Battle is on it''s way to Carrow Road. I think our negative tactics are starting to hit home with many fans now, and Hughton himself.

Waiting until the 86th minute to put Kamara on, a man who is so excited to play for us and desperate to make an impression, was just shocking. A misread of the situation by Hughton. Hughton says he did it to protect Kei, but Kei could come on and get injured in the 90th minute. That''s just football. You live and die by your decisions and Hughton isn''t prepared to take ANY risks whatsoever.

Bringing Jackson on on the 76th minute changed nothing. The game was set up for something different and Hughton failed yet again to make ANY impact with his subs.

I liked Chris Goreham''s question to Hughton after the game - "Do you now set the team up to not lose games?" - Hughton knew what Goreham meant. It was a hint at our negative tactics. Hughton denied this but his tactics speak differently. He hopes to nick games on the break, even at home. Yes, Holt was missing so he couldn''t start with he and Becchio up front. Start Jackson beside Becchio then. Go for it. WE WERE AT HOME!!!

What also annoys me is journalists like Mick Dennis. He knows that many NCFC fans will read his articles about Norwich, giving him a platform for his views - yet his views seem to be spoken as if he''s some kind of master of the subject of NCFC. However, his article recently which backed CH''s tactics to the hilt is clearly wrong!

Yes, we had some success with the tactics during our unbeaten run of 10 games. We now haven''t won in the league for 8 games. Another two games without winning (which is VERY likely) and are those tactics still looking so amazing and fantastic??

I fear for us this season and have done since Hughton showed such poor judgement in the early home games against QPR and West Ham. Two draws which should have been wins. Like Saturday. He doesn''t know how to change a game! He only knows how to stick with what he''s always done and that could/will be our downfall.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I firmly believe the dreaded Relegation Battle is on it''s way to Carrow Road. I think our negative tactics are starting to hit home with many fans now, and Hughton himself.

Waiting until the 86th minute to put Kamara on, a man who is so excited to play for us and desperate to make an impression, was just shocking. A misread of the situation by Hughton. Hughton says he did it to protect Kei, but Kei could come on and get injured in the 90th minute. That''s just football. You live and die by your decisions and Hughton isn''t prepared to take ANY risks whatsoever.

Bringing Jackson on on the 76th minute changed nothing. The game was set up for something different and Hughton failed yet again to make ANY impact with his subs.

I liked Chris Goreham''s question to Hughton after the game - "Do you now set the team up to not lose games?" - Hughton knew what Goreham meant. It was a hint at our negative tactics. Hughton denied this but his tactics speak differently. He hopes to nick games on the break, even at home. Yes, Holt was missing so he couldn''t start with he and Becchio up front. Start Jackson beside Becchio then. Go for it. WE WERE AT HOME!!!

What also annoys me is journalists like Mick Dennis. He knows that many NCFC fans will read his articles about Norwich, giving him a platform for his views - yet his views seem to be spoken as if he''s some kind of master of the subject of NCFC. However, his article recently which backed CH''s tactics to the hilt is clearly wrong!

Yes, we had some success with the tactics during our unbeaten run of 10 games. We now haven''t won in the league for 8 games. Another two games without winning (which is VERY likely) and are those tactics still looking so amazing and fantastic??

I fear for us this season and have done since Hughton showed such poor judgement in the early home games against QPR and West Ham. Two draws which should have been wins. Like Saturday. He doesn''t know how to change a game! He only knows how to stick with what he''s always done and that could/will be our downfall.[/quote]I can''t really be bothered to address all the points, we have done this to death now in ten other threads.But I will say that he didn''t start Jackson, because he is bobbins.

I''ve written what I believe to be some good and very bad posts on here over the years. The one I''ve just written is my best. I just read it again and absolutely agree with myself. Totally. 100%.

I''m sure that it was said (somewhere), that it was Hughton''s intention to start with Holt and Becchio up front together until Holt ''tweaked'' his back, he then had to change his plans accordingly.

However, if he had planned on two up top, it would be actually quite exciting to see what Kamara and Becchio can do together.

There''s no doubt we''re playing with relegation form at the moment. And with some big games coming up we need to pick ourselves up soon and get some wins otherwise we could be in big, big doggy doo doo

If we do find ourselves well in the mix between 15th and 19th (20th is secured) then I don''t believe we will have the spirit to pull ourselves out of it. The fans, nor the team, nor the management. 

I am a little downcast about the spirit too. That''s what winning and not-winning does to you. Playing out goalless draws doesn''t give you confidence...! Football is about winning games... But it''s so hard to tell, 1 win could put everything in a whole different perspective...but after watching saturday''s no-show...where do you guys think the win will come from? A 90th minute own-goal..., something like that...

Intersting to know what the definitionis, i think we have been in one allseason. First  7 gameswe were in or around the bottom 3 and after the 10 game unbeaten run i think we were 10 points clear, now we are 6 clear. I am worried but optimistic, if the gap gets to 3points i will start to panic too

I have to agree with the subject. They are closing the game and we don''t seem to be able to score at the moment. We still need to win games to stay up but how do we expect to win if we cant score? Bit worried. Think we might just turn it around but fear we''l get sucked in.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''ve written what I believe to be some good and very bad posts on here over the years. The one I''ve just written is my best. I just read it again and absolutely agree with myself. Totally. 100%.[/quote]

If you cant get that its 9 games without a win not 8 how can I trust the rest of what you write is right?  ;-) 

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I am a little downcast about the spirit too. That''s what winning and not-winning does to you. Playing out goalless draws doesn''t give you confidence...! Football is about winning games... But it''s so hard to tell, 1 win could put everything in a whole different perspective...but after watching saturday''s no-show...where do you guys think the win will come from? A 90th minute own-goal..., something like that...[/quote]

Where did you think the win was going to come from before we beat arsenal?

Hughton''s made us hard to beat again and we''re now on an unbeaten 3 game run. We''ve turned the corner we just need to take a chance or two in front of goal. Once we do the confidence will start coming back.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I firmly believe the dreaded Relegation Battle is on it''s way to Carrow Road. I think our negative tactics are starting to hit home with many fans now, and Hughton himself.

I fear for us this season and have done since Hughton showed such poor judgement in the early home games against QPR and West Ham. Two draws which should have been wins. Like Saturday. He doesn''t know how to change a game! He only knows how to stick with what he''s always done and that could/will be our downfall.[/quote]Some success? So the majority of our 10 game unbeaten run was luck?Forgetting the 10 game unbeaten run, since then i would argue we have only been in ''relegation form'' poorness against West Ham and Liverpool.Whether it worked or not, Hughton did change the formation when Jackson came on - its not his fault Jackson was useless and made us a worse team. Bringing Kamara on instead would have been great IF he would have been able to keep up the intensity he showed in the 5 mins he was on the pitch. Whether that is possible, we''ll never know but as mentioned hes only done pre-season training so the likelihood is no he wouldnt. Hughton now knows something of what Kamara can be capable of and i would expect (and sincerely hope) that if a game needs changing then Kamara will come on with enough time to make a real impact.

Thats all fair but even during the unbeaten run we didnt score that many. I''m worried, but not negative. Really hoping Chris can pull us through

Bookies have us at 7/1 so they''re not too confident we''re going to get relegated.

It''s because we''re not going to get relegated.

I fear for us this season and have done since Hughton showed such poor judgement in the early home games against QPR and West Ham. Two draws which should have been wins. Like Saturday. He doesn''t know how to change a game! He only knows how to stick with what he''s always done and that could/will be our downfall.[/quote]Just like we did against a non-league team in the cup.That worked out swimmingly, didn''t it. And, WE WERE AT HOME!!!! that day too.Jackson isn''t good enough at this level. Hughton knows this. It was proven v Luton. However, he was also a little light with options up front, and didn''t want to put too much hope on soneone who has been in the squad all of 5 minutes, and hasn''t played a game since November. That might not suit your tactical requirements for Saturday, however our manager was probably thinking 2 months ahead, rather than 20 mins. In my opinion, that''s man management. Pure and simple.

Makes me laugh when people quote Bookmaker odds as a way of backing up a point they are making. Those odds will change if we lose our next two games so it makes those odds meaningless.

If we are not safe by the last game at Man City, we might as well start booking trips back to such delightful places as Turf Moor and the New Den.