Sign in to follow this  
ZEMAS TENDON

IMAGINE..

I think he''s going to play on the left tonight, Zema. I''m pretty sure Owen will play central, but they will probably swap around.

Even so, I think I would find it hard to drop SWP, Owen or Rooney for our Hucks.

Thats why Stewart Downing was brought in. He''ll probably come on in the 2nd half on the left wing, i can''t ever see hucks getting in the squa unless he was absolutely immense for us and was consistently scoring and creating. He sometimes gets cut out of play by defenders and so sometimes goes missing. Would be nice to see him there though.

hucks simply isn''t good enough for england. To play on the wing, he needs to get a lot better at closing down, tackling and marking. he needs to track back a lot more when the team is defending. And also needs to improve his strike rate and heading skills to play up front.

dont get me wrong, he''s a fantastic player, and he''s done wonders for norwich city, but at international level, i dont think he would succeed. yes, he probably would create chances for strikers, but i dont think he''s an england class player. The reason he works so well in our team, is because he''s given the freedom to move and play where he likes. can you see hucks being given a free role in the england team amongst a group of superstars? it simply wouldn''t happen. and without that free role, he will find it very difficult to play in the way we know he can play.

Id love to see him in an england shirt, but i dont think he really posseses all the requirements and qualities to pull on the jersey.

a midfielder has to track back and defend when needed, and a striker needs to be scoring goals. With the likes of defoe, rooney and owen around, why would they put hucks up front?? and theres plenty of midfielders around who maybe dont go forward as much as hucks, but have a better all round game, thus are better suited and safer choices for the england team.

All im saying .. tongue in cheek.. is DAVID T that if JOHN SALAKO.. CARLTON PALMER.. ANDT SINTON.. BRIAN DEANE.. PHIL NEVILLE.. GEOFF THOMAS have all pulled on a ENGLAND TOP we could do a lot worse..

GREENO FOR BRAZIL

[quote]hucks simply isn''t good enough for england. To play on the wing, he needs to get a lot better at closing down, tackling and marking. he needs to track back a lot more when the team is defending. And a...[/quote]

Did you watch  England v Holland ?  .....   predictable , out classed for most of the game , " strikers " who miss sitters ,    repeated back passing ,   and utterly , utterly  BORING !!   , and you call these players   superior to Hucks ?    .....  If we don`t get rid of that clueless  turnip  in charge  of the England  team   we will  go out  in the  first stages of the world cup   ...............

your right... that was one of the dullest most uncreative and boring performances ive ever seen in an england shirt. but who''s to say hucks would have been any better. he puts in bad performances as well you know.

it seems swp was a ''bit of a hucks'' last nite anyway. bolting down to the corner flags, skinning players then either putting a good ball in, or missing a sitter. not sure its necessary for 2 players like this in the team... and one things for sure, swp is a much better all round player.

i can see what your saying, but if sven can make a team of international superstars seem average... imagine what he''d do to hucks.

zemas tendon: i see what your getting at.... and neville, brown and carragher wouldn''t be in any team of mine but thats not really a reason to draft in more players who arent quite good enough is it?

we have to remember that the performance yestarday was more the fault of sven than the team. if he continually plays players out of position, we''re never going to get anywhere. why on earth was johnson on the right? surely the best place to test him out would be in the middle seeing as he allways plays as a lone striker.

i could sit and argue about all this all day... but at the end of the day... while its nice to sit and dream, we all know deep down, hucks isn''t good enough for england, and we''re not gonna win the world cup anyway.... while svens in charge at least. bring on a manager with some kind of tactical awareness, who plays players in position and isn''t scared to pick a team based on theyre recent perfomances, not theyre superstar status.