Sign in to follow this  
raktoni

To all those saying we missed Holt....

Please remind me how many goals he has this year and assists???

Becchio didnt play badly, we just dont play to the strikers strengths currently. No matter what striker we had they would would struggle to score with the way Chris Hughton plays. It is unfair to say becchio played badly he did just as much as Holt usually does and like Holt he didnt score because of a lack of service and ultimately a lack of attacking football.

[quote user="raktoni"]and what exactly has Holt done in the last 8 games?[/quote]If you went to the games you would see.If you didn''t go you have an excuse.If you went and still didn''t see then there is very little hope that you''ll ever understand anything about football.

[quote user="raktoni"]and what exactly has Holt done in the last 8 games?[/quote]

Ahhh, so you''re on of those folks that think if a striker isn''t scoring, he''s bringing nothing to the table?Do you go to many games at all?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="raktoni"]and what exactly has Holt done in the last 8 games?[/quote]

Ahhh, so you''re on of those folks that think if a striker isn''t scoring, he''s bringing nothing to the table?Do you go to many games at all?[/quote]I feel the need to throw some water over you because you are on FIRE tonight [;)]

Course we''re going to miss him.

I thought Becchio did alright though for his first proper appearance. He tried to make a nuisance of himself and when he gets used to playing with his new colleagues (and reacquainting himself with former colleagues) I think he''ll be a good player for us.

It was good to see that he was treading water near the end, hence why he was taken off. He''d put a shift in.

I feel the need to stick up of Raktoni here....Having been at the game I am of the view that Bechio was no better or no worse than Holt has been over the last handful of games.  Considering this was his first start I believe he did all that was asked and filled the Legends shoes well, especially as I suspect that training this week was focussed on having two up top given CH''s comments.

In terms of what I have seen this season, other then the slight bit of running to areas which was are unnecessary for a striker, there was nothing missed from not having Holt on the pitch. Playing Fulham means that hangeland is going to win arial battles 99.9% of the time and thats why Becchio didn''t win much in the air. However Holt never wins much in the air, and when he does there is a lack of accuracy (though not helped by support lacking) which Becchio was very good with his slight clever knockdowns. There was also a massive increase in the amount of delivery into the box, not because of the wingers, but simply because the centre forward was actually in the area for once

I think ( & hope) that Becchio has quite a lot to offer - in fact I suspect he may be a more clinical finisher than Grant - but seldom have I seen any footballer give defences more to cope with than Our Hero; he is just one of those people who has ''presence'' , he''s someone who seems to occupy more space than he actually does (& that''s a lot to start with!).

He is remarkable, & I doubt we''ll see anybody at Carrow Road quite like him again.

he is adding so much to our game yet we havent had a better result than today for 9 games. so basically his impact is useless. you lot love holt too much

we did not miss holt today. We have scored 6 goals in 9 games, 3 of them came in one game, gone 11 prem since a striker scored and only 1 goal at all in the last 6 games in all competitions 4 of which were at home. Grant has played in enough of them to know he did not make a difference or was missed today. Becchio did ok.

today was a repeat of the last two home games, we had plenty of possession but lacked movement up front, lacked quality finishing and were ponderous in possession with little cutting edge from midfield. yet hoolahoops still created more chances than any other prem player today

we have become one paced and predicatable - which is why kei cameo was so enjoyable.

Our performance was entirely reminiscent of other recent games, and lead to the same result, so on that basis I can''t really say we missed Holt. It''s starting to get a bit annoying when people simply state "if you were at the game you''d see what holt offers", without actually explaining what he has done over and above other players who have also played his position this season.

As has frequently been the case this season, the lone striker did the best he could whilst feeding on scraps. I''m sure both LB and GH will look much better when they''re playing together.

It''s a hard life as a lone striker in an out of form team.

We Missed Holt

To me though it was a perfect oppurtunity to play 2 strikers, Becchio and kamara would have been my choice

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]we did not miss holt today. We have scored 6 goals in 9 games, 3 of them came in one game, gone 11 prem since a striker scored and only 1 goal at all in the last 6 games in all competitions 4 of which were at home. Grant has played in enough of them to know he did not make a difference or was missed today. Becchio did ok. today was a repeat of the last two home games, we had plenty of possession but lacked movement up front, lacked quality finishing and were ponderous in possession with little cutting edge from midfield. yet hoolahoops still created more chances than any other prem player today we have become one paced and predicatable - which is why kei cameo was so enjoyable.[/quote]

And in those games didnt Holt make many defensive clearances and hold the ball up to bring other players in to the game, make space for other players to run in to.

I know that he did and thats why we miss him

[quote user="ricardo"]We missed Holt.[/quote]You mean ''You missed Holt'' next it will be Holt for player of the season.ffs move on with the Holt obsession.

"And in those games didnt Holt make many defensive clearances and hold the ball up to bring other players in to the game, make space for other players to run in to. I know that he did and thats why we miss him"

There were no defensive clearances to make yesterday, so it''s unfair to judge his replacement on something they didn''t have the chance to do.

Did you not notice becchio laying the ball off for other players, and generally doing what the lone striker should do, or do you just ignore that? Lets not forget he was being closely marked by a beast of a centre half, and Fulham seemed to take a fairly cynical approach to their defending.

We did miss Holt he is being asked to play in a different way and the number of chances being created is less. I am looking forward to seeing him and Becchio playing together

Who had the best chance to score, and how many  chances did Becchio have and miss? The problem, as CH has commented regularly, is in the final third, we are just not converting chances, and this was as true with Holt as it was yesterday. I''me sure that it is a matter of the shape of our team, with one striker, and the way we play - with reliance on the two wingers. Wes doesn''t come into things until the ball reaches him, and the midfield is not creative enough to supply him.

I hope that our two new strikers will settle in, and find their shooting boots. Both have good records, I think that we may have to modify team selection and method slightly. Otherwise it could be a very hard road for the rest of the season until we reach safety.

Just to say how many chances Becchio created?

This is where we need Holt. His hold up play is so good that our team has time to get bodies forward and we normaly see this in our home games. Yesterday we looked a bit dull and not so sharp as Becchio was a bit static and didnt have that raw power to make himself nor orthers room.

For me Becchio didnt look much better than Morison and he was slated all the time ^^ I still think with proper tactics he would have been good player for us. Becchio probably will improve so good thing he started at least from the same level if not a slightly better than striker we sold.

Another thing is ofc is defending. Holt is absolute monster when roaming mid of opponents build up play and Fulham had too much time to just keep the ball when Hoolahan was only one running.

So in my opinion doesnt matter if he scores or not, because we ge more chances with him and Becchio didnt score either. So yes we missed Holt.

Chris Hughton said after the match on radio norfolk that had Holt have been fit he would have played both him and Becchio up front together - I suppose we have to take his word for that?

So the biggest reason as to why we missed Holt was that we were denied seeing 2 strikers being played at home to a team that struggles away.

Becchio put a chance in the second half on a place for Johnson and his shot from garrido''s cross was almost there.

So he should have scored and had an assist. Now if I remember holty first shot in his last game was with 10 mins to go.

Holt will play till the end of the season and he better score more than the four goals he already has, he needs to step up.

He will be on the bench next season picking up his large pay cheque he has not yet warranted his new contract and it has nothing to do with the style of play he has to lead and warrant that contract.

We need to stay in this league, if you don''t shoot you don''t score, holt hasn''t done that this season and somehow we are on the brink of 30 points. We need him, the other strikers and midfielders to take that chance. Secure premiership football.