Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Are you worried yet?

I''m worried.1. Without doubt, we need to win 2, 3 or maybe 4 games to survive.2. To win games we need to score more goals than our opponents.3. On current form, we can''t score goals, we don''t look like scoring goals and in all honesty we don''t appear to have anyone capable of scoring a goal, even if they got a chance.So, for all those in the "not worried" camp, please convince me, & all the others in the "worried" camp, of where you think our next goal is likely to come from, and what''s going to change, from the last 7 performances, to make that a realistic possibility It''s all very well just making totally unsubstaniated one line comments that you''re not worried, when everything currently points to the fact that everyone should be worried, very worried.

Good point Ridge. It must be remembered though that Lambert has been our best manager in recent years, any one who replaced him was always going to divide fans at some point, even during our unbeaten streak people were against Hughton

[quote user="Making Plans"]I''m worried.1. Without doubt, we need to win 2, 3 or maybe 4 games to survive.2. To win games we need to score more goals than our opponents.3. On current form, we can''t score goals, we don''t look like scoring goals and in all honesty we don''t appear to have anyone capable of scoring a goal, even if they got a chance.So, for all those in the "not worried" camp, please convince me, & all the others in the "worried" camp, of where you think our next goal is likely to come from, and what''s going to change, from the last 7 performances, to make that a realistic possibility It''s all very well just making totally unsubstaniated one line comments that you''re not worried, when everything currently points to the fact that everyone should be worried, very worried. [/quote]Oh dear, oh dear, not this can''t score goals stuff again. Yes we have only scored 1 goal a game so even if we get no better there will be about 12 more goals to come. Some of those will be winners.You also fail to mention that we have only conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games or that apart from the 2 debacles against Liverpool and the opening horror show at Fulham we have not conceded very many goals at all. That makes us hard to beat as the only 9 losses in 26 games shows very clearly.You are a panicky bed-wetter, get over it.

In the last 8 games since 1st Jan in all competitions we have scored 5 goals. 3 of those came against a very poor Peterborough, 1 at W Ham & 1 against Spurs. So that''s less than a goal per game.We have failed to score against QPR, who are the worst team in the PL by some margin, Newcastle, who we''re leaking goals before we played them, Fulham who are probably the worst away side in the PL and Luton, who are a non league team.Not only did we not score in 4 of the easiest fixtures we''re like to get bewtween the start of the year & the end of the season, we didn''t even look like scoring in any of them.None of that inspires me with confidence that we are capable of scoring "about 12 more goals", in our remainingt 12 games. I think you''re the "panicky" one when you say that "we have only conceded 1 goal in the last 4 games", a stat which conveniently ignores the 5 that went in our net Liverpool. What sort of reasoning is that. In fact in the same period that we''ve scored 5 goals we''ve conceded 9. Take out the cup games & that''s 2 for & 8 against.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Wiz"]

Very worried.

[/quote]

Nothing new there then Wiz.

Pension going up in April, be happy mate.[:)]
[/quote]

Wouldn''t Wiz be too young for a pension if he was seven years old in 1957?
[/quote]

Err..........disability............doh.

I am concerned, I said at the start of the season anything above 17th is a success, how we stay in this division I do not care, but we do need to.

But I am not concerned with so many games to go. I agree we have not played brilliantly, but I do believe in the last few games we have been solid, Snodgrass is still producing quality in the box and chances will come. But we also need our strikers to make their own goals (as snoddy hints in today''s piece about becchio).

It is those games with Wigan, villa, reading, Soton that will be where I will be most nervous. West brom at home is a game we can win, I do not think that defence is as good as it has shown although last night they were stubborn.

But with the four games highlighted if we can win or draw those games then I will feel that they have seen three points go a missing against a team they are battling with to stay in this league.

Those games are huge and the crowd needs to be in it, as do the players from the start, a win for the opposition can bring them back in amongst us and momentum. Those games are critical, as we expected when the fixtures came out. But we need some of the big boys to do their job and prove that by beating the teams around us.

I think we can pick up some form about now, a very tough game against Everton. Very tough but hopefully one where we can show some form and belief. If we do who knows a run of results may follow and I hope we do pick up a win or two outside of the four matches I have indicated. We cannot afford to give three points in any of those games.

But I do feel we can manage this. Form is slowly coming back after a run of tough games, we created the better half chances against Fulham, we have two strikers. One who has scored 19 goals already this season.

Jas I agree. I feel that for all of Holly''s attributes, shots from outside of the area, just a shot from instincts is not where he is at his best.

I do think becchio and holty can be good enough, but I also feel becchio and kk will be a great partnership.

Becchio is a great forward in the box, able to twist and turn and make the right runs, I hope to see us take on the full backs and put in those crosses. I the two new additions could top our scoring charts certainly surpass holty.

I change of tactics and tempo is desperately needed.

Shame we didn''t freshen up the midfield in the transfer window.

We should pick up enough points however in their desperation the teams below us are starting to play some good football, if this carries on and we don''t improve we will deservedly be relegated.

[quote user="ridgeman"]What is beginning to worry  is that Hughton is doing what Worthy done and dividing the fans into for and against. For the last three seasons we have all been behind manager and team.[/quote]

There are simularities ridgeman except there''s no Ashton this time.

Everyone should be worried. This is relegation form, absolutely no doubt about it.

But if we get a win or two, confidence can change a lot of things.3 games undefeated, a win against Everton and suddenly our run isn''t looking so bad.

Hopefully we can score a goal, at least...

I am concerned at the lack of goals. We shall not maintain our average of slightly over one point per game until we can win a game or two. We have to face it that we have to meet some of the best teams again, and we have caved in to them before.With the best will in the world, eventually one of ouf defenders will make a mistake, and opposing strikers are good.

I am concerned about injury/suspension of vital players, and especially Bassong, in the run-in. In some areas the squad cover is not good - LB, holding midfielder, for example.

If we can achieve a win soon, that will lift the gloom, two wins and we would have mid thirties in points and seem save.

My hope is that our two new strikers will score goals, once they have settled in, and take some of the weight off the defenders. Let''s hope that in Abu Dahbi the coaching team quickly discover how to use them and learn how to change a very predictable team shape, - one which other teams are learning to counter.

Everyone should be slightly concerned, not that we can do anything about it but get behind the team at every game, (jeeps I’m starting to sound like Lake District Canary) but it’s true, what else can we do!

No point in booing the team off the pitch or calling for Hughton’s head with 12 games to go! We need to come together and push through as a club.

As for what is wrong, well I cannot say, but we have created chances against QPR & Fulham, we should have taken one of them. We look solid, so 9 draws are as good as three wins. 38 points will see us in at least 17th, which for me at the start of the season was my only goal for the club. Anything more would have been a plus for me.

I can only think of 3 games this year where we have not been in with a chance of something out very game, that can only be a good thing, lots of people have said the same thing, we could have won at least 5 of the games we have drawn and been up where Swansea are.

The biggest concern for me is that we are boring, and becoming more boring with every passing game! Maybe Kamara will be spark that changes this, Wes, Snodders and Pilks are great forward thinking players, they have shown they can score and we need them to step up in the next few weeks to help get us the points we need for that 17th spot.

Concern it is but let’s not go negative at the matches just yet.