Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Are you worried yet?

Ok, so this board has been pretty divided once again recently, with those who think we are doomed and Hughton needs to go and those who think we are fine.

Now up until the last round of fixtures i had minimal concerns about being relegation candidates, with the clubs below us doing poorly and failing to gain much ground. After the Liverpool game it looked as if all we needed was a win each month from Feb untill the end of the season to guarantee safety, seemed easy enough!

However, i am now starting to get increasingly concerned for our safety. We have been on a terrible run in the last 9 games, picking up 4 points, this is akin to QPR standard at the start of the season. Apart from the first half against Spurs, the football has been diabolical (no one can really argue against that) for whatever reason it may be.

Coupled with our poor form, the teams below us are starting to draw us in, Villa and Southampton both performing better and gaining more points than us. I am now at the stage where i am seriously concerned for our safety, if we dont claw ourselves back up the table in the next few games we could be in for a very nervous finish.

Now i dont know what the cause of our poor run is, i imagine its a mix of other managers figuring out that all you have to do to stop us scoring is prevent giving us a freekick in a dangerous position and work on defending crosses for the week before a game against us, along with players thinking the job was done (similar to last season).

So how many people are concerned at the moment and who out there is not so worried?

To be honest anyone that isn''t worried has their heads buried in the sand. 6 points of relegation, poor goal difference and a team that can''t even create half chances let alone score a goal, then the small matter of being bottom of the form table. Yes I''m very concerned.

[quote user="JF"]To be honest anyone that isn''t worried has their heads buried in the sand. 6 points of relegation, poor goal difference and a team that can''t even create half chances let alone score a goal, then the small matter of being bottom of the form table. Yes I''m very concerned.[/quote]

Ooooo! Matron! I''m Concerned!! Hold me and stroke my hair and tell me everything is going to be alright!

[quote user="JF"]To be honest anyone that isn''t worried has their heads buried in the sand. 6 points of relegation, poor goal difference and a team that can''t even create half chances let alone score a goal, then the small matter of being bottom of the form table. Yes I''m very concerned.[/quote]

I agree. I was simply asking the question because it seems as if a fair few people on this board are not too concerned. However, they may well be concerned but are just more pissed off at how negative some fans can be.

Sacking Hughton is definitely not an option, he has bought stability to the back line and lead us to a 10 game unbeaten run, however the number of draws is concerning, I remember looking at his results at Brum before he came here and the number of draws they had last season was worrying. We need to play more aggressively against the weaker teams. I do think Hughton has tried though, the last 3 games we have seen Tettey roaming forward more.

I am not entertained nor happy with the current run of results.    Is it possible for a bizarre, 1 in 20 years (taking us back to 1994) series of results that gets us relegated?  Yes.

But am I very concerned or worried about us getting relegated?  No.   A win will help - but 8 more draws will probably be enough anyway.  

The Fulham game (result and performance) has made me a little nervous. I had considered this our most winnable game left this season due to their bad current form and the injuries and international call-ups that they were subject to. That was two precious points lost IMO.

That long-awaited win is now vital. 

I was worried before the season started, very worried after the first 7 games then became more relaxed after the 10 game run. I am very concerned but the head says we will pick up the 8 points or so needed to stay up

I hope so YC. If one thing has been evident this season that is that you never know what team you will be getting the 3 points against. It could well be that the players step up their performance against the likes of Everton and Man U, there will also be less expectation and pressure on the players, something we seem to thrive under

You really should be doing your homework reasonable canary, it''s going to be bedtime soon.

[quote user="Reasonable Canary"]

We''re all so Worried and Concerned! oohh! What a World!!

You lot are the emo kids outside the forum in Norwich only 100 years older.

[/quote]

Are you demented?

[quote user="priceyrice"]Not sure i have been to understand one of your comments on this thread RC, why waste your own time?[/quote]

"Not sure me have been to" oo!oo! Me Pricey! Me Worried!

Mildly concerned Pricey. A good win and a goal or two will help. Can''t see us getting too much change out of our next two though,but am not going to panic or call for Hughton''s head.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Very worried.

[/quote]Nothing new there then Wiz.Pension going up in April, be happy mate.[:)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Wiz"]

Very worried.

[/quote]

Nothing new there then Wiz.

Pension going up in April, be happy mate.[:)]
[/quote]

Cor is it Ricardo..........so is memberships to Grumpies R Us.

[quote user="priceyrice"]

So how many people are concerned at the moment and who out there is not so worried?[/quote]It''s Norwich City, of course I''m a little bit worried.  But at the moment the worry is on the same probability level as "what if I left the gas on?" and "what if my house falls into a chalk mine?"

Very worried.

[/quote]Nothing new there then Wiz.[/quote]Indeed not.[quote user="Wiz"]

Okay, I think we can all agree that Glen Roeder

has/is the best thing that has happened to our club since Walker and

O''Neil were here. We know it, the players seem to know it and now parts of the national press and media appear to know it too.

So:

How long before a relegation haunted Premiership club or Champs club realise it and come calling?.

It scares me to think of all his good work being undone in a flash!.[U]

[/quote]

Very worried.

[/quote]Nothing new there then Wiz.Pension going up in April, be happy mate.[:)][/quote]Wouldn''t Wiz be too young for a pension if he was seven years old in 1957?

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Wiz"]

Very worried.

[/quote]Nothing new there then Wiz.Pension going up in April, be happy mate.[:)][/quote]Wouldn''t Wiz be too young for a pension if he was seven years old in 1957?[/quote]

It''s all unravelling now! Show no mercy!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Wiz"]

Very worried.

[/quote]Nothing new there then Wiz.[/quote]Indeed not.[quote user="Wiz"]

Okay, I think we can all agree that Glen Roeder

has/is the best thing that has happened to our club since Walker and

O''Neil were here. We know it, the players seem to know it and now parts of the national press and media appear to know it too.

So:

How long before a relegation haunted Premiership club or Champs club realise it and come calling?.

It scares me to think of all his good work being undone in a flash!.[U]

[/quote][/quote]

Oh Chops!,

I''d forgotten the Roeder love affair. Priceless!

To be fair to Wiz (not something it''s easy to say) there was a period when Roeder did look the real deal. It is however typical of his emotional incontinence with its rapid switching between idolatry and loathing. In his haste to be first to plant the flag of opinion, he so often looks a fool when the flag moves elsewhere.