Sign in to follow this  
BIC

Will Green play for England tonight?

Will we see the first Norwich player on the pitch and actually playing for England today since... Dave Watson wasn''t it?

I was hoping he might get a game ? because Sven knows how good/bad james is

but not sure he will get on

I hope he gets on, but cant see it myself. I dont think Sven is daring enough to try it, he wants consistency at the back so will go for the same old same old. Unless we''re well in the lead at half time I cant see Greeno being used, which I think is a real shame.

Come on Sven, have some guts!

What a really dull game. Just goes to show Sven wont even try out newcomers and favours a system based around his current favourites rather than testing the potential of the next generation of players. Where is the man''s ambition?Why not field a team of keen new players and give us something to watch?

I reckon the FA should look at bringing back the system of ''B'' friendlies. Then there wouldn''t be the need for 5-6 substitutions in a match and Sven could look at a variety of players. I can''t see it happening though as the fixture list doesn''t allow for such games but it would certainly strengthen the pool of players available for the World Cup and European Championships. 

Last night was, in my opinion, the ideal opportunity to "blood" players like Green (surely one of the main reasons for friendlies?).  To top off what was probably the dullest game I can remember seeing for a long time, Downing and Johnson only got about half an hour?  Just cannot see the logic behind those decisions.

And why play Johnson on the right - he is a striker!!  It seems worthy has somethings in common with sven -  a desire to put have players underperform because they are out of position while retaining some old faithfuls who have not performed to the required level in months (Beckham)

OTBC

[quote]Worse than that, poor old Johnson and Downing were also played out of position - absolutely criminal, IMO. Waste of a game, completely. Sven appears to have lost the plot......[/quote]

Agreed, the game was a complete waste of time.  Considering the players missing from the back four, Sven may aswell have played a totally experimental side with a couple of regulars.  Playing AJ right-wing was appauling and I felt really sorry for him because he came on and tried really hard.  The worst thing is that Sven said after the game that AJ should just be happy to get a game.

It was an awful game, I couldn''t work out any of our midfield were playing and Owen was pretty much a lone striker!  IMO Rooney, Wright-Phillips, Lampard, Gerrard, Johnson, Downing and Owen were all used in roles that they were not comfortalble in.

To top it all off, Sven said after the game that the system worked well, we played well and it was a good game of football!!!  I think he may of been watching the Wales game on Sky whilst England were playing.