Sign in to follow this  
oldone

PA Announcement

I cann''t help thinking the timing of the PA announcement for the fans to remain seated didn''t help any today.  It resulted in loud boos which the players would have heard without knowing the reason for them.  If the club feels it is necessary to make such announcements (but why now when nothing has changed) they should be made at either before kick off or at half time. 

It was made before kickoff and largely ignored. That said I don''t think the timing was great at the start of the second half but in reality I think it had little impact on the quality of performance on the pitch.

I think the club felt it necessary to make such announcements because we''re probably due to lose some of our capacity due to persistent standing so want to be seen (and head) trying to tackle the problem.

The quality in general of the PA system is very poor at CR for a Premiership club. The teamsheet announcement at the start of the game is nearly impossible to hear as is everything else, all sounds very muffled. Anyone else agree ?

What i find more embarassing is the snake pits chant of " We stand when we want "Call me old, I just dont get the facination some people have with standing.

Its not been a problem all season so I assume the only reason the announcement was made is cause the authorities are leaning on the club?

The answer to the problem which always has been the answer is proper safe standing areas!

To call me young, with an old ideolgy of standing, it is a fact that standing creates a better atmosphere, carrow road is my church, this is where I should stand to praise I believe in.

[quote user="catlineker"]You can stand up though "during periods of excitement"[/quote]Shouldn''t have been anyone standing yesterday then!If we get many more perfomances like that boring one against Fulham you can forget about any ideas of Carrow Road getting a safe standing area. Instead we''ll have to install comfy beds and turn large sections of the ground into Safe Sleeping Areas!!

Whilst I would prefer to stand Premier League grounds are all seater. What we must be careful of is if the FA decide to close any part of the ground where people do stand it will be at a club like ours not the big boys. The FA will make an example of a smaller club. I find it somewhat ironic that all seater stadiums  were brought in after the Hillsborough tragedy and now there is an investigation into what really happened. Perhaps if it can be proved that it wasn''t the standing that was the problem then there might be a chance to return to standing areas.

quite agree Ridgy.

I don''t give a stuff about standing.  Even when it was legal I preferred to sit but if others want to stand then it''s their choice,  Fine.

But, it is against the law and it is against FA rules.   The Club is responsible for conduct in the ground.  To call it embarrassing that there is a pa announcement on the issue is ridiculous.  The Club has to attempt to enforce the laws otherwise the Club will be punished.

If you want to stand fine but to complain when you''re told you can''t is just childish especiallly when there''s no practical enforcement.  It''s like those idiots who park on double yellow lines and then feel hard done by when they get a ticket.  Isn''t it said that if you can''t do the time don''t do the crime?

I honestly cannot understand the issue with standing. It is a bit different now than a traditional terrace, I don''t understand how anyone can be ''crushed'' when there is seats between every row. If it was small steps like a terrace used to be (or London Road for example) then I can understand the fears.

Standing does create a better atmosphere, people get more involved when on their feet (I don''t know why, but it is a fact). It''s just a shame football in the UK cannot be more like the Bundesliga. They get a choice between cheaper, standing tickets, or more expensive, but seated tickets. They are also treated like adults and therefore act like adults.

I think the treatment from stewards and the hostile attitude often shown just creates tension that idiots feed off and use to their advantage to cause issues.

I agree though, the announcement was utterly embarrassing as is the whole system.

[quote user="FastAsHuck"]To call me young, with an old ideolgy of standing, it is a fact that standing creates a better atmosphere, carrow road is my church, this is where I should stand to praise I believe in.[/quote]

From my memory of church, I think you sit to pray and stand to sing.

[quote user="Carlton Canary"]

I honestly cannot understand the issue with standing. It is a bit different now than a traditional terrace, I don''t understand how anyone can be ''crushed'' when there is seats between every row. If it was small steps like a terrace used to be (or London Road for example) then I can understand the fears.

Standing does create a better atmosphere, people get more involved when on their feet (I don''t know why, but it is a fact). It''s just a shame football in the UK cannot be more like the Bundesliga. They get a choice between cheaper, standing tickets, or more expensive, but seated tickets. They are also treated like adults and therefore act like adults.

I think the treatment from stewards and the hostile attitude often shown just creates tension that idiots feed off and use to their advantage to cause issues.

I agree though, the announcement was utterly embarrassing as is the whole system.

[/quote]

I don''t disagree with any of your first three paragraphs but you still don''t deal with the issues that standing is currently n ot allowed and the Club has to enforce the law as it stands.   I don''t see how you can reach the conclusion of the final sentence.   What choice does the Club have now in the real world and not the ideal world that you and others want?

I can only assume that the recent efforts to enforce sitting down (and there were quite a few ejected on Saturday i believe) are having to be made as a result of that newspaper article that appeared after the Man City game which claimed we had the most fans standing of any premier league ground that weekend. I think it was the Guardian but not sure.

Presumably the powers that be are now putting the club under pressure to address the situation.