Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

How long do we continue with Hughton ?

We stick with Hughton for as long as we stay up which we will highly likely do this season.

The man deserves our respect not our criticism. He will keep us up and that will be a massive success..

This entire campaign against our Manager is senseless. We are now on 29pts, probably this season need another 9pts - at the start of this season I would have taken our present position, including some terrific results, alongside some not so satisfying 0-0s - but most pundits had us as relegation certainties. CH is highly regarded by many of his fellow managers and is an honourable man who is giving us a very good chance of moving to our 3rd season in the Prem. The Summer will allow us to strengthen when prices are far more sensible, so I am 100% behind CHs strategy. Some so called Norwich City fans, for whatever reason can''t wait for a bad run so the campaign against CH can continue. Why not put all that energy into positive support when it is needed.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]This entire campaign against our Manager is senseless. We are now on 29pts, probably this season need another 9pts - at the start of this season I would have taken our present position, including some terrific results, alongside some not so satisfying 0-0s - but most pundits had us as relegation certainties. CH is highly regarded by many of his fellow managers and is an honourable man who is giving us a very good chance of moving to our 3rd season in the Prem. The Summer will allow us to strengthen when prices are far more sensible, so I am 100% behind CHs strategy. Some so called Norwich City fans, for whatever reason can''t wait for a bad run so the campaign against CH can continue. Why not put all that energy into positive support when it is needed.[/quote]

That is UTTER rubish. Not once have i seen someone saying they want us to fail so they can continue bashing hughton.

Talk about drama queens.

There is a reason the campaign against him is growing. And its NOT just for fun, or just for the sake of it. Its because he is a negative coach, producing at best mediocre performances even after bringing in so many of " his " own players.

I think and hope we will stay up, but that will be in spite of him and not because of him.

Mediocre performances? Some, maybe but that''s applicable to every team in the division, but that disregards the excellent performances against Man Utd; Arsenal; Swansea; Sunderland (fantastic attacking first half); Man City despite loss. Why not focus on the positives?  To state that we might stay up in spite of him, is a cop out - retain our place in the Prem will be a fantastic achievement against the odds and against many of the pundits predictions.

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"][quote user="the1englishman"]Thanks for making my point for me.

So he brought all these great players in, and the net result is ???????

DROSS boring football.[/quote]English, have you ever managed a football team, at any level? Have you ever coached in the professional ranks of football? Have you ever played beyond the Sunday league level? I would be surprised if you''re answer was yes to any of these questions. Why do I say this? Because your perspective is that of one who has been sitting in the peanut gallery for too long. You come across as someone who is ''entitled'' to a higher standard of play. But alas, Sunday morning managers are, for me, the worst. We should''ve done this...Why didn''t he.....If he would only.... bla...bla...bla... my recommendation to you would be to either:1.) keep extra tissues in your pocket. 2.) Purchase NCFC for yourself and reset the bar.English, what you''re doing is no different that having a good old go at your boss, once the meeting is over and you''re sitting alone in the room.NCFC has a long-term plan that I''m sure you''re not privy to. Am I right? AM I RIGHT? Is Chris Hughton putting NCFC in danger, or it''s premier league status in jeopardy? I don''t think so. So as much as I acknowledge your passion for exciting, free wielding, swash-buckling football, I simply can''t align myself with your narrow-minded, self satisfying witch hunt.For me Hughton is doing the job that I was hoping for; stabilizing NCFC as a premier league club. Whether it''s dazzling or grinding, I don''t care. Staying in the premier league is A1. The mantra I use when I coach is; Fulfill the responsibilities of your positions first and get the job done, then work on collecting style points. Getting the job done, in my definition, is walking away from a game with more points than when it started.I would encourage you to readdress your approach and stop taking the easy route of simply throwing stones. Image if you had the chance to sit and talk with Hughton; what would you ask? If I had a chance I''d ask him these three questions:1.) What is your strategy behind leaving substitutions until so late in the game?2.) What are your doing to reduce the level of trouble caused during a game by players giving the ball away so easily with poor passing?3.) What are you doing to improve the players COMPOSURE on and off the ball?

Give it some thought, Johnny.

[/quote]

So i guess for you to have the oposite opinion from mine, you HAVE done all the above, so feel qualified to

1 tell me everything i dont know.

2 fully understand what hughton is doing, and where were going.

So just out of interest, as you point of view is clearly so informed, at what level did YOU manage, and who did YOU play for ?

And as your such a know it all. Clearly you wouldnt need to ask him ANY questions ??

Ohh wait, whats that i hear ? Hot air. Ok forget it.

Your opinion holds as much weight as mine, that being in the grand scheme of things, a big fat zero.

I have no motives for my point of view, as much as the sheep on here would like to think so.

I simply do know see hughton taking us anywhere, there are plenty like me.

As there are plenty that think they see hughtons whole master plan, they would at least have you beleave so. People like you. Sheep, to long following, not leading. Swallowing every decision the manager and board makes, all the while acting smugly as you preach down your nose at us, those that think hughton is out of his depth and taking the club nowhere.

You sheep crack me up with your supirior attitude towards anyone who dares to voice concerns about the club, and attempt to brush is off, as short sighted fans with no idea about how football works.

Its a very lofty perch you sheep sit on way up there looking down at us ( insert whatever it is we are being called at the moment ).

I just hope you all dont damage yourselves to much when it all goes tits up under hughton.

And it will.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

Mediocre performances? Some, maybe but that''s applicable to every team in the division, but that disregards the excellent performances against Man Utd; Arsenal; Swansea; Sunderland (fantastic attacking first half); Man City despite loss. Why not focus on the positives?  To state that we might stay up in spite of him, is a cop out - retain our place in the Prem will be a fantastic achievement against the odds and against many of the pundits predictions.

[/quote]

You realise this is a league dont you ?

Three or four cup like performances dont cut it over a whole season.

We are 6 points clear of the relegation zone after 26 games.What were your expectations at the start of the season and would you have accepted the current one? The clear mission for Manager and Board this season was to stay up. Finance is an unavoidable issue and remaining in the Premier is the central mission this year and likely many to come.We get 27k fans every week and do not have a wealthy benefactor. We are a stable, well run club facing a majority of opponents who are stronger than us financially and with better players on paper.The gung ho approach of recent years was wonderful, at the level of football we played. The first, excited, no fear, nothing to lose, no expectations first season in the premier is not a sustainable coaching model for Hughton, any more than it would have been for Lambert.We now regularly keep clean sheets, which - as a coach - looked extremely unlikely last season. Becoming harder to beat was an absolute necessity to have any chance of maintaining a Premier place.To be a good chess player, you must be able to play your opponents pieces as well as your own. Many of the comments on here refert to a theoretical game where the opposition don''t exist. Hughton is a thoughtful and realistic coach, who I suspect will be in place for many years. He is not a deluded Messiah, making promises to fans and players alike based on an artificial assessment of players abilities and the reach of Norwich as a Club. This Evangelism is a short term drug, not a long term strategy.The truth is that Coaches and Managers are an important part of football, but they are by no means the light switch difference between success and failure. The Club as a whole is on the brink of making the huge trasnsition from excited, wide-eyed, carefree new boys to a respected club where Fulham, Spurs et sl are happy to claim a hard-earned point. This is a sustainable coaching model and one that is repeatable and can be gently improved upon.

Had you bothered to read what i have been writting, you would notice iam not so concerned with with going down. More with where hughton has taken us as a team, and where

We are goung as a team.

Are you realy satisfied with how we play week in week out ??

Forget league position, its about how we play football !

He has taken us to the polar opposite of last season.

All those that harp on about staying in the premiership being all that matters need to find there love of FOOTBALL again.

Because as a fan, no thats not important, to the club and shareholders maybe. But not to fans who want to see free flowing football with a never say die attitude.

Because honestly, if staying in the premiership means we will forever play like this, well then you can keep it.

Iam not interested in it at all. And i dont see how any fan of football could be.

And those that are fine with this brand, well maybe stoke would be a better fit for you people.

Not read the 5 pages of probable garbagebut in answer to the OP''s questionHow long do we continue with Hughton ?Until he stops doing a good job14th, 6 points clear of the relegation zone, 4 points away from 10th, Im happy with that.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]We are 6 points clear of the relegation zone after 26 games.

What were your expectations at the start of the season and would you have accepted the current one?

The clear mission for Manager and Board this season was to stay up. Finance is an unavoidable issue and remaining in the Premier is the central mission this year and likely many to come.

We get 27k fans every week and do not have a wealthy benefactor. We are a stable, well run club facing a majority of opponents who are stronger than us financially and with better players on paper.

The gung ho approach of recent years was wonderful, at the level of football we played. The first, excited, no fear, nothing to lose, no expectations first season in the premier is not a sustainable coaching model for Hughton, any more than it would have been for Lambert.

We now regularly keep clean sheets, which - as a coach - looked extremely unlikely last season. Becoming harder to beat was an absolute necessity to have any chance of maintaining a Premier place.

To be a good chess player, you must be able to play your opponents pieces as well as your own. Many of the comments on here refert to a theoretical game where the opposition don''t exist. Hughton is a thoughtful and realistic coach, who I suspect will be in place for many years. He is not a deluded Messiah, making promises to fans and players alike based on an artificial assessment of players abilities and the reach of Norwich as a Club. This Evangelism is a short term drug, not a long term strategy.

The truth is that Coaches and Managers are an important part of football, but they are by no means the light switch difference between success and failure. The Club as a whole is on the brink of making the huge trasnsition from excited, wide-eyed, carefree new boys to a respected club where Fulham, Spurs et sl are happy to claim a hard-earned point. This is a sustainable coaching model and one that is repeatable and can be gently improved upon.
[/quote]

Parma, I like the chess analogy; it looks relevant to Hughton''s way of doing things. But sometimes in chess the best move is not necessarily the theoretically best move, ie the one you like best, but it is the move your opponent will like least. The two are not always the same, and the impression I get from a distance with Hughton is that he shies away from making the move the opposition will like least. In crude terms, he won''t gamble by over-attacking.

[quote user="killiecanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

His departure is long overdue imo, Calderwood and Trollope are both proven failures!

Puketon has taken a free scoring side and destroyed it in 6 months, and our defence still leaks goals.............get rid now.

[/quote]

Puketon....really? Sometimes Norwich fans simply make me despair.

As for the rest of the post...our defence has ''leaked'' 1 goal in 4 matches. Yes. we''ve had the odd tanking, but I''d rather lose multiple goals in the odd game than 1 or 2 every week.

If NCFC were to ''get rid'' as you so eloquently put it, it would be very silly. Stability is important, and if you''d told me in August (particularly after Fulham) that we''d need to win 3 of our last 12 games to stay up I''d have been very content.

But ''puketon''????? I really really don''t understand how a Norwich fan can sink that low.[/quote]Honestly, it doesn''t even work either.......Now, if he''d have said ''Poohton''...... [A]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Wiz wrote the following post at Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:18 AM:Hughton has an aura about him which demands respect. And 40,000 geordies plus 20,000 blue noses can''t all be wrong can they?

[img] http://www.carrowroad.net/carrow/images/ncfc-wizzo1.jpg[/img][/quote]I think you should make this a daily feature Chopsy. You should be ok for a few months yet! [:)]

As long as he keeps us up then he''s fine with me. Painful i know, but we cant even compete with newly promoted teams financially and yet we continue to still sit pretty comfortably.

Next year when the debt goes and we get more money, then i will expect more, but for now it is still about maintaining our prem status.

We could be a lot worse off!

Think Norwich Fans, some of them, certainly, are beginning to think we''re bigger / better than what we are.Calls for Hughton to be sacked when we''re 14th in the Prem during the supposed `second season syndrome`?!Yes we''ve been cautious and i was as frustrated as anyone Saturday but at the end of the day bar Villa and Saints no points we''re picked up from bottom teams.The reality is the football this season has been cautious and in some games it has indeed been too cautious but as Hughton says (correctly, in fact) you can''t afford to lose at home. If he''d made attacking substitutions in the last 30 minutes we might well have won the game. We might well have lost it too. And if we''d have lost it he''d be getting plenty more flack from the same people accusing him of being too defensive, that''s for sure.The point is, last season we could afford to throw on 3 strikers and go for it, at the end of the day there wasn''t much to lose and we didn''t have a defence worth relying on anyway - chances were we could easily concede a late goal so might as well go for it and see what happens.Reality is, we were spoilt for 3 seasons under Lambert. It wasn''t / isn''t the norm. Get back to reality.

Lets see how things pan out in the summer, if he is still unable to make subs and tactically rotate the squad next year then we know there is a real problem at the moment its just bearable. We just need to get the extra millions that is provided next year for now. 

sorry, i thought we were 14th in the league, 2 clean sheets in 2 games, 8 points clear of the drop...can someone tell me how this is justifcation for the sack?Shall we follow the Nottingham Forest model?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]sorry, i thought we were 14th in the league, 2 clean sheets in 2 games, 8 points clear of the drop...can someone tell me how this is justifcation for the sack?Shall we follow the Nottingham Forest model?[/quote]

Exactly! I really think these people need to get a grip.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]sorry, i thought we were 14th in the league, 2 clean sheets in 2 games, 8 points clear of the drop...

can someone tell me how this is justifcation for the sack?

Shall we follow the Nottingham Forest model?
[/quote]

[/quote]

One bad weekend results and you may wish to rewrite your post MP, its that close.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]sorry, i thought we were 14th in the league, 2 clean sheets in 2 games, 8 points clear of the drop...can someone tell me how this is justifcation for the sack?Shall we follow the Nottingham Forest model?[/quote]
That''d be six points

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]sorry, i thought we were 14th in the league, 2 clean sheets in 2 games, 8 points clear of the drop...

[/quote]

[/quote]

One bad weekend results and you may wish to rewrite your post MP, its that close.

[/quote]

No because Mac''s Perm like me and many, many other posters is not a short termis,t fickle, ungrounded person who''s opinions change with the wind.   One bad weekend''s results would be just that.  In fact it will be just that because it will happen sooner or later.

Mature adults evaluate the wider picture and take rational decisions based on best evidence and a balanced viwew of the issues.  It is left to children to run round shouting and screaming every time there is a loud noise

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]sorry, i thought we were 14th in the league, 2 clean sheets in 2 games, 8 points clear of the drop...

[/quote]

That''d be six points

[/quote]

God you''re right.

Everybody panic now! Wiz is right! The sky really is falling in.

i also forgot to say 3 games unbeaten as well...To all those wanting Hughton out a questionWhat level do you think the club should be at?

Parma Ham''s gone mouldy, what an excellent post. Hits the nail squarely on the head for me.Football nowadays is full of short term expectations, IMO Chris Hughton at NCFC is a long term project. If we stay up this season (which we should) I can see the club going from strength to strength over the next few seasons and hopefully we''ll see CH here for many years to come.