Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

How long do we continue with Hughton ?

Exactly Nutty Nigel, the same as one lucky deflected goal for us yesterday to give us the win and much of this talk about Hughtons negative football wouldn''t be occuring!

If we''re 8 points clear of the bottom 3 when we go to Man City for the last game of the season then it will be job done!

Like others have said its a transitional period, all about staying up and clearing debts then push on in the summer. Like all things in life, its not always going to be wonderful! 

Some more Hughton criticism in the media.

Fully justified in my eyes.

http://www.carrowroad.net/cnews/index.php?post=uninspiring-clueless

Look at who we had available to sit on the bench yesterday and then tell me exactly how the guy is supposed to turn us into world beaters and playing samba football at the same time.Without naming names, there is so much dross in our squad that needs to be shipped out before we can bring in better quality and that can only be done piecemeal if those players are not in demand by other clubs..........and why would they be, except at knockdown or giveaway prices.The majority of quality players that we do possess have been brought in by Hughton - it''s not going to be a quick fix and we have to endure some pain before we get the right blend.

[quote user="grefstad"]Some more Hughton criticism in the media.

http://www.carrowroad.net/cnews/index.php?post=uninspiring-clueless[/quote]Congratulations, that''s the funniest thing I''ve read today.

An awfull lot of people seem to think its all going to be fine if we stay up. I for one am not so sure.

Hence this original thread.

What do you base the asumption that we will play great football next season ? His signings at newcastle ? He had little to do with them, a bit of research would reveal that.

He was doing an ok job there no doubt. But he didnt bring those flair players in, and knowing all we know about mike aschley, i doubt hughton had much to do with ANYONE they signed. Because its strange that there chief scouts stayed and hughton went dont you think ?

His days at birmingham ?? Oh please, he played pragmatic football there with very experianced set of players that had top flight experiance.

The reality is, Hughton has prooved nothing so far in his short manergirial career.

So we can have no idea what next season brings. But as he has not shown one ounce of aracking flair since he has been here, i think some might be ending up with egg on there faces if they think his whole footballing ethos will suddenly change because we stay up, and he gets a bit more money.

Its NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!

He just isnt that sort of coach. He will remain a booring pragmatic, lets stay in the premiership type of manager.

And eventualy turn us into something like stoke.

The writting is on the wall, you just need to open your eyes and read.

grefstad Some more Hughton criticism in the media.

http://www.carrowroad.net/cnews/index.php?post=uninspiring-clueless

So some bloke moans on on an NCFC website and that is classed as the media. Hardly impartial.

Where does it say in the prem rules that teams must play great football to be in the league? Football is about scoring more goals than the opposition 2 get the most points you can. How you play to win the game is irrelevant. If we have 1 shot on target and win 1-0 it''s 3 points simple.

Well I too hope that should we stay up our manager changes emphasis at least a bit but from past history together with his coaches history I''m not so sure.

A bit simplistic I know but often a team reflects the character and personality of it''s manager. Norwich City certainly does that at the moment.

[quote user="Wiz"]

His departure is long overdue imo, Calderwood and Trollope are both proven failures!

Puketon has taken a free scoring side and destroyed it in 6 months, and our defence still leaks goals.............get rid now.

[/quote]

Puketon....really? Sometimes Norwich fans simply make me despair.

As for the rest of the post...our defence has ''leaked'' 1 goal in 4 matches. Yes. we''ve had the odd tanking, but I''d rather lose multiple goals in the odd game than 1 or 2 every week.

If NCFC were to ''get rid'' as you so eloquently put it, it would be very silly. Stability is important, and if you''d told me in August (particularly after Fulham) that we''d need to win 3 of our last 12 games to stay up I''d have been very content.

But ''puketon''????? I really really don''t understand how a Norwich fan can sink that low.

English - posters of you ilk were earlier on demanding that ''Arry, or Holloway should be brought in or even that Lambert should be brought. back. ''Arry couldn''t beat us at Loftus Road even with £M''s more players added to his squad. Holloway has only won two of his last eleven in the Championship and Lambert has just mananged to scrape through 2-1 against West ham in a pathetic display. You do not seem to understand there is a vast team working with Hughton to put NCFC on the map and keep them there.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]

A bit simplistic I know but often a team reflects the character and personality of it''s manager. Norwich City certainly does that at the moment.[/quote]

Boring, unintelligent and all the personality of a cardboard box. Yes, would definitely go along with this.

[quote user="Surfbird"]English - posters of you ilk were earlier on demanding that ''Arry, or Holloway should be brought in or even that Lambert should be brought. back. ''Arry couldn''t beat us at Loftus Road even with £M''s more players added to his squad. Holloway has only won two of his last eleven in the Championship and Lambert has just mananged to scrape through 2-1 against West ham in a pathetic display. You do not seem to understand there is a vast team working with Hughton to put NCFC on the map and keep them there.[/quote]

Villa just beat West Ham because their manager had the balls to change things early and really go for it.

Unlike the damn coward we have in charge here

Wiz wrote the following post at Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:18 AM:Hughton has an aura about him which demands respect. And 40,000 geordies plus 20,000 blue noses can''t all be wrong can they?

[img] http://www.carrowroad.net/carrow/images/ncfc-wizzo1.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Surfbird"]English - posters of you ilk were earlier on demanding that ''Arry, or Holloway should be brought in or even that Lambert should be brought. back. ''Arry couldn''t beat us at Loftus Road even with £M''s more players added to his squad. Holloway has only won two of his last eleven in the Championship and Lambert has just mananged to scrape through 2-1 against West ham in a pathetic display. You do not seem to understand there is a vast team working with Hughton to put NCFC on the map and keep them there.[/quote]

Villa just beat West Ham because their manager had the balls to change things early and really go for it.

[/quote]

Did you watch that gane Wiz? It was worse than ours. Both Norwich and Fulham played much better than either of those two and their game wasn''t 0-0 because of a penalty, a free kick and an own goal.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

"Damn coward" indeed, if I was in a tight spot and it was a choice of you or "the damn coward" looking after my back then there would be no contest, you would be off in the opposite direction with your wet pants shouting "I didn''t really mean it".

Is the answer to the title question: until the board decide to sack him? Because I was unaware there was a vote I was missing out on.

how the hell can anybody say our game was more entertaining than Villas today? there was far more goalmouth action than in the last 3 Norwich home games!!

[quote user="cautious Chris "]how the hell can anybody say our game was more entertaining than Villas today? there was far more goalmouth action than in the last 3 Norwich home games!!
[/quote]

What''s with the username change baldyboy ?

[quote user="Felixfan"]

We have to accept we are in a transitional phase. Survive this year clear the debts,continue improving the team and Hughton could become a long serving manager. The opposite scenario is not worth contempating.

[/quote]This, I''m happy to wait it out until then.

[quote user="cautious Chris "]how the hell can anybody say our game was more entertaining than Villas today? there was far more goalmouth action than in the last 3 Norwich home games!!
[/quote]

Really? The first half was so p1ss poor the teams were booed off. The second half was no better save for a penalty, a free kick and a flukey own goal. There was far less football played by both sides through out and West Ham in particular relied on lumping it up to Carrol. Our game was a better football match in my euyes. But I guess it''s whatever floats your boat. What I will say baldyboy is that in my time as a fan Norwich fans have never welcomed hoofball no matter how many times they howl at the players to "get it in the box".

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="the1englishman"]How long do we continue with Hughton ? Many mention that he needs ti e to bring his own players in. Well, i may be wrong, but whats he brought in so far ? 7 players ? I refuse to except all our players from last season are so poor he needs to change the whole squad. I just dont know, i HATE the style we play now, yet the happy clappers say its all about staying up, at what cost ? The fulham game was awfull to watch, it really was, so its another pojnt towards safety. So what ? Even if we do stay up, i would rather see someone else come in before the start of next season. Love or hate Lambert, we had a much more exciting season last year, and we all thought every game that we were always in with a chance of a win, even if we were loosing. Thats football, and as to Hughtons build from the back policy ? Dont make me laugh. We look terrible at the back most games, amd the feeling we all get should we go behind in games this season is the same for us all. How the hell do we get back into a game when we cant score for toffee !! Do i want to stay in the prem ? Of course i do, but i want to at least see something to make me smile. And with Hughton and his team, there is little to smile about as a FAN.[/quote]

It''s eleven:

Bunn, Camp, Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Whittaker, Tettey, Butterfield, Snodgrass, Kamara and Becchio.

[/quote]

All those players have been decent too except Butterfield who didn''t get much chance yet and apparently was in place before he arrived and obviously Camp hasn''t played, but his arrival made Bunn step up and allowed Rudd out on loan.

He''s beefed up the defence and added another proper DM in Tettey. Snoddy has been the most consistent player I''ve seen and has been great. Kamara and Becchio haven''t had much time yet, but have looked very encouraging in their brief appearacnes and have points to prove. If he can add the quality he''s obviously after in summer then we''ll be looking at a very good squad. If we''re to play 4-4-2 then we''ll most likely need a ball-carrying CM who can pass. Competition on the left for Pilks would be good as well.

The main thing is that we keep the points ticking over and let Becchio and Kamara have a decent chance to make an impact. Supposedly CH wanted to play with Becchio and Holt up front until Holt got injured so we''ll see what happens with that when he''s fit. I can''t see us shifting from 4-4-1-1 against Everton and Man U though

[quote user="the1englishman"]Thanks for making my point for me.

So he brought all these great players in, and the net result is ???????

DROSS boring football.[/quote]English, have you ever managed a football team, at any level? Have you ever coached in the professional ranks of football? Have you ever played beyond the Sunday league level? I would be surprised if you''re answer was yes to any of these questions. Why do I say this? Because your perspective is that of one who has been sitting in the peanut gallery for too long. You come across as someone who is ''entitled'' to a higher standard of play. But alas, Sunday morning managers are, for me, the worst. We should''ve done this...Why didn''t he.....If he would only.... bla...bla...bla... my recommendation to you would be to either:1.) keep extra tissues in your pocket. 2.) Purchase NCFC for yourself and reset the bar.English, what you''re doing is no different that having a good old go at your boss, once the meeting is over and you''re sitting alone in the room.NCFC has a long-term plan that I''m sure you''re not privy to. Am I right? AM I RIGHT? Is Chris Hughton putting NCFC in danger, or it''s premier league status in jeopardy? I don''t think so. So as much as I acknowledge your passion for exciting, free wielding, swash-buckling football, I simply can''t align myself with your narrow-minded, self satisfying witch hunt.For me Hughton is doing the job that I was hoping for; stabilizing NCFC as a premier league club. Whether it''s dazzling or grinding, I don''t care. Staying in the premier league is A1. The mantra I use when I coach is; Fulfill the responsibilities of your positions first and get the job done, then work on collecting style points. Getting the job done, in my definition, is walking away from a game with more points than when it started.I would encourage you to readdress your approach and stop taking the easy route of simply throwing stones. Image if you had the chance to sit and talk with Hughton; what would you ask? If I had a chance I''d ask him these three questions:1.) What is your strategy behind leaving substitutions until so late in the game?2.) What are your doing to reduce the level of trouble caused during a game by players giving the ball away so easily with poor passing?3.) What are you doing to improve the players COMPOSURE on and off the ball?

Give it some thought, Johnny.

I don''t know what underlying motive the1englishman might have for this ''witch hunt'', but I suspect some of us have a pretty good idea.

Hmmm.

OTBC

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote][quote user="Wiz"]

As most of you know I''m keen on reading body language, mostly, I get it right, but sometimes I''m very wrong.

Watching CH''s training session at Colney via Canary Player yesterday

the first thought I had was ''winner'',  I saw the same trait in the

last bloke in charge here!

Words like class, dedicated and gentleman also sprang to mind.

Its early days of course but maybe, just maybe, Mr H could be our best manager ever!Yes [Y]

[/quote]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2758794/ShowPost.aspx

?

So is he a winner, a gentleman or a coward Wiz old?