Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

How long do we continue with Hughton ?

How long do we continue with Hughton ?

Many mention that he needs ti e to bring his own players in.

Well, i may be wrong, but whats he brought in so far ? 7 players ?

I refuse to except all our players from last season are so poor he needs to change the whole squad.

I just dont know, i HATE the style we play now, yet the happy clappers say its all about staying up, at what cost ? The fulham game was awfull to watch, it really was, so its another pojnt towards safety.

So what ?

Even if we do stay up, i would rather see someone else come in before the start of next season.

Love or hate Lambert, we had a much more exciting season last year, and we all thought every game that we were always in with a chance of a win, even if we were loosing.

Thats football, and as to Hughtons build from the back policy ?

Dont make me laugh. We look terrible at the back most games, amd the feeling we all get should we go behind in games this season is the same for us all. How the hell do we get back into a game when we cant score for toffee !!

Do i want to stay in the prem ? Of course i do, but i want to at least see something to make me smile.

And with Hughton and his team, there is little to smile about as a FAN.

Nobody is happy we aren''t scoring goals - but you simply have to look at the bigger picture.   It may be a tough watch at the moment, but we are still in a good position and have two new players up front to fit in too.   We have to be patient. 

I see where you are comming from, i just dont see anything in Hughton to make me want to have patience.

He pushes all the wrong buttons for me.

I dont think he is capable of building a team good enough to compete at mid level season in season out. I think under him, we will forever be playing safety first football while permanently looking iver our shoulder.

We have been very very fortunate this season with teams below us with quality not getting the job done. We wont be so lucky every season.

He needs to show something to the fans before seasons end to give them hope that he isnt a one trick pony. Otherwise the board needs to re think where we are going under him.

Apart from the odd thrashing,normally when Hughton''s first choice players are out,we have been very solid at the back. Everyone admits that it isn''t pretty at the moment,but some can see the longer term plan.

If,once his summer spending has been done,we are still playing dreadful football,grinding out draws etc. then we can look at his situation.

[quote user="Herman "]Apart from the odd thrashing,normally when Hughton''s first choice players are out,we have been very solid at the back. Everyone admits that it isn''t pretty at the moment,but some can see the longer term plan.

If,once his summer spending has been done,we are still playing dreadful football,grinding out draws etc. then we can look at his situation.[/quote]

Well that could turn out to be a massive costly error couldnt it !

Because if he fails, lime many think he will, we will be left up shite creak without a boat, let alone a paddle !!

You have to remember the times when we have played well and think that is how Hughton wants us to play.   The first half against Sunderland. THe first half against Swansea.   We are still a work in progress and the players/squad have to believe in themselves.   We played so well in the first half against those two clubs but couldn''t sustain it in the second halves - but still won those matches.  With a bit more belief, we could have made those matches easier to see out.

So for me its a confidence factor as much as anything and aspiring to those times when  we have played well.   Getting that level and keeping it to it on a more consistent basis.       I don''t think for one minute Hughton is happy with things - but we are still in there picking up points.   That''s why we will have to be patient to see the best team from this manager.   He needs time - and that is difficult to come by in the pressure cooker of the  premiership.   Keep us up this year and we will progress in team play as time goes by.  

[quote user="the1englishman"]How long do we continue with Hughton ? Many mention that he needs ti e to bring his own players in. Well, i may be wrong, but whats he brought in so far ? 7 players ? I refuse to except all our players from last season are so poor he needs to change the whole squad. I just dont know, i HATE the style we play now, yet the happy clappers say its all about staying up, at what cost ? The fulham game was awfull to watch, it really was, so its another pojnt towards safety. So what ? Even if we do stay up, i would rather see someone else come in before the start of next season. Love or hate Lambert, we had a much more exciting season last year, and we all thought every game that we were always in with a chance of a win, even if we were loosing. Thats football, and as to Hughtons build from the back policy ? Dont make me laugh. We look terrible at the back most games, amd the feeling we all get should we go behind in games this season is the same for us all. How the hell do we get back into a game when we cant score for toffee !! Do i want to stay in the prem ? Of course i do, but i want to at least see something to make me smile. And with Hughton and his team, there is little to smile about as a FAN.[/quote]

It''s eleven:

Bunn, Camp, Bassong, Turner, Garrido, Whittaker, Tettey, Butterfield, Snodgrass, Kamara and Becchio.

He''s doing an okay job. As mentioned above, it''s the bigger pictures, and so far he''s keeping us up.

If we get to the end of the season in safety I''ll be happy - it''ll inject a lot of cash into the side and enable Hughton to sign the players he wants in his system.

I''m sure we''ll be playing a lot better this time next year.

His departure is long overdue imo, Calderwood and Trollope are both proven failures!

Puketon has taken a free scoring side and destroyed it in 6 months, and our defence still leaks goals.............get rid now.

I have read what supporters of Newcastle and Brum have said about Hughton and generally they had a ot of time for him.

My problem is, it still sticks in my mind when Brum were in the play offs. I thought they were dreadful. One paced, robotic when venturing into the opposition half and, most tellingly, getting nowhere yet no change of formation and subs made far too late.

Sounds familiar?

There are many supporters who have season tickets who travel more than 40 miles to every game. I am one and have done so for 35 years, before that I was playing etc. I can assure Mr McNally and the board I have people in the Upper Barclay who are seriously considering renewing. Why? Well it is a 7 hour day because of trying to get a parking place and then the cost of food etc. Much more of the stuff being served up at the moment and those on stand by for season tickets may get their opportunity.

Btw I have renewed mine!! Oh I do have a bloody awful cold so feel miserable today.

He has also turned a sieve like defence into a solid unit. So six of one,half a dozen of the other.

A few solid signings to back up Bassong,Holt etc and next season we can play more exciting.

Some seem to forget we are in one of the toughest leagues in Europe. Time to wake up.

Were the people calling for the manager''s head saying the same when we were winning earlier in the season? When we put 4 past Swansea, beat man utd and arsenal with great performances, amongst other good results?

Of course they weren''t.

I can''t honestly believe that hughton would have seen these games and suddenly decided to change the system, which makes me think its more down to poor form from the players.

I don''t get the impression CH is as good a motivator as PL was, but I honestly don''t believe the way we''re playing is entirely down to his management.

I also get the impression that some posters would like to see us playing like Blackpool did under Holloway. Look how that turned out.

[quote user="QHcanary"]Were the people calling for the manager''s head saying the same when we were winning earlier in the season? When we put 4 past Swansea, beat man utd and arsenal with great performances, amongst other good results? Of course they weren''t. I can''t honestly believe that hughton would have seen these games and suddenly decided to change the system, which makes me think its more down to poor form from the players. I don''t get the impression CH is as good a motivator as PL was, but I honestly don''t believe the way we''re playing is entirely down to his management.[/quote]

Or the players have had enough of his negative ways too.

I think you seriously under eatimate motivational skills.

Because if this is purly down to confidence. Then the same still applys to Hughton.

If he cant get them going, then he is no use to us.

And people constantly bleet on about the ten game unbeaten run.

We played well 3 games from that run. 3 games !!!

Whats at old saying.

One swallow doesn''t make a summer.

The poor performances far far far out weigh the good ones.

"Or the players have had enough of his negative ways too"

You can''t honestly believe that?

You think a team who were playing well and getting results decided they didn''t like the way things were going and wilfully started playing worse in protest at the manager''s tactics?

Between this and constantly changing your mind and contradicting yourself, you don''t do yourself many favours, do you?

It''s a long time ago, but half of you will hopefully remember the first thing Lambert did on his arrival was sure up the defence. He dropped Hoolahan for about ten games and played pretty defensive tactics - but he stopped the rot.

As the confidence built he grew more risky as the players knew and worked his systems. He bought in players that suited his style of play and could counteract the attacking formations we played.

He is doing similar things at Villa just with extremely limited resources and no experience. I still don''t think Villa will go down, he will get them playing well - he''s just good at it.

My point is that Hughton will go through similar phases - out ten game unbeaten run just shows how his system CAN work, and how much confidence makes a difference. 3 games unbeaten now, we just need to turn good performances into wins. I just can''t see where the goals are coming from at the moment, but at least we''re no longer in free-fall and conceding for funsies.

To answer your question English – the longer the better as far as Norwich City are concerned – he is a great manager – ask some of his former players. The Board’s plan is to finish 17th or higher this season then to let CH spend much of the acquired largess to continue rebuilding his team. He has already brought in some excellent signings as he did at Newcastle ( Demba Ba for example) and we look forward to more exciting players coming to Carrow Road. There is zero chance of Chris Hughton going and we should rejoice about that. Simples.

We are on the rise, if we stay up this year the finances hat we will have will put us in a much position. This season was always going to be tough and guess what it has proved to be so.

We have had to restrict our ways so we are in games, not coming from behind. We have a limited squad due and Hughton will pick up on his excellent choices of player in the summer. If we stay up we will still have a wafer thin squad with players like pilky on the bench.

We are in a busy restructuring time to get a team fit for premiership stability not premiership survival.

I am afraid autumn 2013 is not the right time, lets see who comes in that can strengthen our team. Right now lets focus on getting mathematically safe, malky can continuing doing his work, afraid if we want stability in this league I would take Hughton over malky still.

Hughton has had his teams playing atractive football in the past. I remember his Newcastle side putting 6 past aston Villa. The quality of your players and those of the opposition does determine the way you have to go to get results. I do not enjoy much of what i have seen this season , but given the playing staff it has and is being effective. We have only lost 3 times at home and 9 times in total which isnt bad its just that we are drawing so many. I have been impressed with his signings and as he moves on the old championship quality players and brings in more quality  our performances and style of play will improve. Fulham yesterday was a game where both sides cancelled each other out but dont forget we were up against an established premiership outfit and their team must have cost about £100m to put together

We have to accept we are in a transitional phase. Survive this year clear the debts,continue improving the team and Hughton could become a long serving manager. The opposite scenario is not worth contempating.

For me i''d stick with him until 10 or so games into next season if he keeps us up. If this suffocating approach to playing opposition continues then i''d change, hopefully we''ll see a more attack minded development next season, as we''ve only scored more than one goal in 5 league games this season and thats not due to the players not being up to it, thats a fundamental problem of always making players think about having to be 100% defensively organised over everything else.

Its obvious we''re too negative but at the moment we''re still the new kids in the top flight and until we''ve been here a few seasons will we be able to improve the squad sufficiently. I think Hughton realises the limitations of the squad and while we got away with the gung ho approach last season towards the latter end it wasn''t working as well and if we''d of carryed on that way we could of ended up how Blackpool were in the top flight a few years back!

Would I rather stay up playing negative football than getting relegated playing all out attack?

Of course I would and fans need to get a reality check, we''re playing in one of the toughest football Leagues on the planet and we''re years away from gettign close to most established Premiership clubs infrastructure!

Hughton will have done his job if we are still a Premiership club next season!

Time to stop blaming solely Hughton for our style of play!The board and McNally actually have a bigger role in our style of play than they are given credit for. People focus on solely the manager, but the board pick the manager, the board decide whether our priority will be win-at-all-costs, or win but do it trying to have a bit of style.If we really want Norwich to play good football in the long term our board and chief exec need to make it clear that we are a footballing club and always will be.  McNally has a brought a brilliant successful-business model to our club but at what cost.  The same short termism where the manager dictates the whole playing philosophy of the club, and then normally leaves after a few years or whatever.  I would love to see the board come out and say that we are a footballing club, and we will try to play good passing football every single year because that is what we stand for.  Not a desperate fight to stay in the prem each year or else our club is doomed - that puts too high a price on the one-dimensional idea of success that is just winning, just staying in the prem etc like stoke or someone.thoughts? ....

My thoughts are that if we were playing expansive attacking football in the bottom three this message board would be swamped by posters envious of Stoke!