QPR, Loftus Road, 96.11%

West Bromwich Albion, The Hawthorns, 95.56%

Newcastle United, St. James’ Park, 94.80%

Southampton, St. Mary’s, 92.90%

Everton, Goodison Park, 91.68%

Sunderland, Stadium of Light, 81.81%

Aston Villa, Villa Park, 80.25%

Wigan, DW Stadium, 73.56%

Very surprised to see that we are 12th. So much for people being priced out of Premier League football though, hey? Looks like most clubs sell out every week.

What is interesting though is that Stoke, who have a very similar capacity to us (1000 more) and are slap bang next to us on this list..... have just submitted a planning application for a stadium expansion.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Percent of ground filled on average....

Reading, Madejski Stadium, 99.72% filled

Manchester United, Old Trafford, 99.64%

Arsenal, Emirates Stadium, 99.55%

Chelsea, Stamford Bridge, 99.45%

Fulham, Craven Cottage, 99.38%

Tottenham, White Hart Lane, 99.18%

Liverpool, Anfield Stadium, 98.71%

West Ham United, Boleyn Ground, 98.69%

Swansea City, Liberty Stadium, 98.18%

Manchester City, Etihad Stadium, 98.05%

Stoke City, Britannia Stadium, 97.82%

Norwich City, Carrow Road, 97.73%

QPR, Loftus Road, 96.11%

West Bromwich Albion, The Hawthorns, 95.56%

Newcastle United, St. James’ Park, 94.80%

Southampton, St. Mary’s, 92.90%

Everton, Goodison Park, 91.68%

Sunderland, Stadium of Light, 81.81%

Aston Villa, Villa Park, 80.25%

Wigan, DW Stadium, 73.56%

Very surprised to see that we are 12th. So much for people being priced out of Premier League football though, hey? Looks like most clubs sell out every week.

What is interesting though is that Stoke, who have a very similar capacity to us (1000 more) and are slap bang next to us on this list..... have just submitted a planning application for a stadium expansion.[/quote]And I''m sure once we have been in the Prem a season or two longer, we will have a more accurate feel for how big a ground we actually need, and will be better financially placed to make it happen.

\That is a very simplistic take on it so you obviously don''t take into consideration ticket prices ?

Til,

What "take on it"? I didn''t express any opinions or suggest that the data implies that we should be taking any direction, neither did I mention ticket prices.

This data has been pulled directly from a blog post, I don''t have enough time on my hand to work out all these averages!!

That also factors in the away attendances so if they don''t sell all the away allocation then our % is reduced. Let''s be fair, we''re not exactly a huge draw for visiting teams!

Wasn''t last year some crazy figure like 105%, which made no sense unless we squeezed people in random places that weren''t officially ''seats''

People are being priced out of football though. That is why nearly every away game this season has ended up on general sale.

[quote user="City penguin"]Im sure at 20-30 quid a pop we could sell nearly 35k for the bigger games. At current casual prices capacity is probably about right.[/quote]

So we''d get the same income but be in tens of millions of extra debt?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="City penguin"]Im sure at 20-30 quid a pop we could sell nearly 35k for the bigger games. At current casual prices capacity is probably about right.[/quote]

So we''d get the same income but be in tens of millions of extra debt?[/quote][:D]This about sums up any expansion plans, anytime soon, for me.

I agree, stadium expansion would be wrong IMO. Team matters must come first whilst we establish ourselves. We don''t want to do a Wolves and expand our stadium with great regret due to being relegated.

I think you''ll find a few of them clubs announce how many tickets sold including season tickets, not the actual attendance so its not a true figure of actual attendance.

If you take away season tickets from those figures, I would expect the numbers to be a bit different

Wigan''s is woeful though! Their premier league stay should deservedly come to an end this year, hopefully

Also to the OP re: Stoke

McNally has said the same thing; more seats = cheaper ticket prices

AJ,

Cheaper ticket prices = giving something back to the fans who stuck by the club through years of misery when most clubs would have seen their fans desert in droves.

Our cheapest ticket prices are on par with most London clubs. Norwich is a city which has low unemployment relative to the UK as a whole, and that brings with it an impression of wealth and vibrancy, but it remains a low wage economy.

Reading submitted a planning application for a ground extension last week, as did Stoke.

For all the rhetoric about 7 year plans and ground expansion which comes from NcNally, we haven''t submitted a planning application yet?

Usually you get three years from the point of planning approval to start a development. With no application having been submitted I assume that our own development plans are some way off yet and will likely not happen.

There is no way these stats are accurate.

I can get (if I wanted to!!) tickets for almost every single Reading home match at short notice. (I only live a few miles away)

Look at highlights on MOTD, always large groups of blue empty seats, no matter the opposition.

Large numbers of season tickets are bought by companies in the M3-M4 corridor, to use when entertaining clients. Not seats sold to fans. They go wasted a lot of the time.

Inaccurate ''attendance'' stats.

Our grounds too small for us.If you need evidence, try buying two seats together in an unobstructive  view when they go on general sale. These are the fans we need, because that''s how most of us started supporting Norwich. 

CanaryNath, the official Premier League average attendance for Reading FC this season is 24035.

Their ground holds 24161.

I can''t be bothered to get a calculator but that is obviously as about as close to 100% as you can get.

The same applies at Carrow Road by the way, most games don''t quite fully sell out and have bought several seats for friends the day before a home game.

Even if those seats are paid for and lie empty, they are still taken up and are not for general sale, so whether or not season ticket holders bother to turn up or not is irrelevant..... the fact remains that there are on average 126 tickets left come 3pm on a Saturday at the Majeski.

I would suggest that the reason why ours is 97% is because of how damn far away we are from so many teams, that means often we have empty seats in the away end, I bet if it was worked out as home end only we''d be a lot closer to 99%.

we only need to expand by 5000, so we can get people off of the waiting list plus a few extra in. 32k Carrow road will do. Selling out for the top 6 sides plus cheaper ticket prices sound al right doesn''t it?

I''d say that 32000 sounds alright too.

If we didn''t have that f''in hotel in the corner we could probably have built a double tier corner holding a good 2500.

We could have got up to 30000 if it weren''t for Neil Doncaster.

He just had to leave an ugly reminder of his legacy didn''t he?

If the cost of a new stand is £20m..... can''t we just offer a few million to Holiday Inn and knock the damn thing down?

[quote user="City penguin"]Im sure at 20-30 quid a pop we could sell nearly 35k for the bigger games. At current casual prices capacity is probably about right.[/quote]

Very good point.We got 26,800+ for Fulham at home but in the days leading upto the game tickets were still available spread round the ground.

Kirky_86....

There are almost always tickets available, but hardly ever two tickets together in the same part of the ground, and usually they are restricted view with no discount.

Offer casuals the opportunity to go to a game with a mate, or even a dad the chance to go with his two young kids, and the story might be different.

As for those restricted view tickets.... I know a lot of casuals who check out the ticket availability, see seats available and then don''t buy one. I ask them why, they say something like "I ain''t paying fifty f''in quid to sit behind a post".

If those restricted view seats were sold with a tenner off, then they would sell.

I suspect with a capacity of 32000 we would see 28000 being a poor gate, 29000 to 30000 being the norm, and 32000 being achieved half a dozen times a season.

Very fair points and i have mentioned these to people in the past,especially the seats where your view of the pitch is blocked where i feel there should be some sort of discount off the price of the ticket.

Its alos quite true that yes there at seats on sale right up untill the day of the game,but these do tend to be single seats on there own which of course means people can''t take others with them.

Shame folk like you didn''t come forward with the money to build the corner stand - as the banks weren''t willing to lend the money. In fact they were squeaking about wanting some of the debt repaid, hence the need to hand over the proceeds from the hotel to them.

Money where your mouth is next time, perhaps.

And maybe you could stump up this time as well. Not the whole £20m or whatever the figure is, but the amount that would have to be taken from the playing budget each season to cover the losses. I''m sure the club will allow you to make some sort of presentation with one of those giant cheques before a game. I''ll make sure I have taken my seat so as not to miss it.

[quote user="City1st"]

Shame folk like you didn''t come forward with the money to build the corner stand - as the banks weren''t willing to lend the money. In fact they were squeaking about wanting some of the debt repaid, hence the need to hand over the proceeds from the hotel to them.

Money where your mouth is next time, perhaps.

And maybe you could stump up this time as well. Not the whole £20m or whatever the figure is, but the amount that would have to be taken from the playing budget each season to cover the losses. I''m sure the club will allow you to make some sort of presentation with one of those giant cheques before a game. I''ll make sure I have taken my seat so as not to miss it.

[/quote]The increase season ticket prices can be the first instalment

Relatively speaking expanding capacity at Stoke and Reading is relatively cheap.  At Britannia, it will probably mean filling the three corners that are open.  At Reading they sit in the middle of a big car park, taking the roof off and adding an extra tier would be pretty simple engineering, plus they have wealthy backers who won''t miss the dosh. I still think epanding the City Stand should be realtively cheap as well, if they can close off the old Carrow Road and are prepared to live with the current stands internal layout.  However that wouldn''t produce the sort of return the club feels it needs, and would mean player facilties would not be up to the best of Premier league standards - and cheap, make do builds usually lead to high maintenance costs.  Best wait till we can really afford it.

City1st,

McNally has stated rather firmly that had he have been the CEO he wouldn''t have built a hotel in that corner. With McNally being the one who had to go through the books and bare witness to the wastes of the Green, Roeder, Gunn tenures.... I''ll trust his judgement.

But then if he had been the CEO we wouldn''t have spent all of our money on loan fees and agent fees, would we?

So don''t lay the guilt card at the hands of the fans, that can remain firmly placed alongside Doncaster''s disastrous era in the history books.

We spent more money than any other club in the Championship on AGENTS FEES in two consecutive seasons, over half a million one season. If £1 million had to be found for the bank then I know who I will blame, thank you.

Lambert was always open and honest about the fact that his transfer budget was severely limited due to the clubs waste in the two years prior.

I think we all know where the £1m from the hotel land sale went, and it was straight into the hands of useless mercenaries and their vulturous agents.