Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Asking this just the once

Likewise the thread that was taken down last night.

If, as claimed above, I have posted up lies then they should at least be left there for all to see and for me to be judged and for my posts to be judged against those ''lies''. Presuming nothing libelous is contained within.

If somebody posts on here that Bowkett has lied to the fans then I do not think it unreasonable to question the reliability of that person making the accusation. When that questioning uses quotes posted up by the accuser then I cannot see any problem - more so when the quotes are directly linked, so they can be seen ''in situ'' ie verified by the original post. And when those quotes are information freely posted up on here.

We are in danger of allowing certain posters to govern what is said and not allowing reasoned questioning of recently posted statements. Rather like a BBC forum where a post was removed because it was deemed ''offensive''. The supposed offensive word was one used in the actual programme hence the comment, which coincidentally went out two hours before the 9pm watershed.

We are very much in danger of that here - or actually have been I would venture.

[quote user="lake district canary"][Or am I supposed top walk away and let you have the last word - even though you are wrong?   Thats how arguments carry on - someone keeps the argument going - ie in this case you!

[/quote]

LOL

Welcome back city1st. In your absence Wiz has been having a real rout on here, especially during December.

I''ve just tried to adopt this maxim.

"Trying to use logic against those who have abandoned reason is like applying medicine to the dead"

Yes City1st. No posts or posters should be removed just because another poster doesn''t like them. The moderating is getting crazy. My thread about labelling other posters with ridiculous names was removed. Yet the posts referring to these ridiculous names that prompted the thread are still standing. Surely we can expect the posts to be moderated not the poster.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][Or am I supposed top walk away and let you have the last word - even though you are wrong?   Thats how arguments carry on - someone keeps the argument going - ie in this case you![/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

You can lol all you like, but it doesn''t change the fact you misrepresented what I said.   You can have the last word if you like, I''m off out.  

I have to agree with LDC nutty, something has been up with you for the last couple of days. Not trying to be argumentative or anything, but you do seem to be having a bit of a feud with LDC and Stig recently...

We''re all Norwich fans! (Mostly)

Welcome back city1st. In your absence Wiz has been having a real rout on here, especially during December. I''ve just tried to adopt this maxim. "Trying to use logic against those who have abandoned reason is like applying medicine to the dead

What seemed extrordinary is that someone could claim -

"Oh so very true, hell, I can remember no roofs on 3 stands!"

Anyone with the ''claimed'' knowledge of watching and going to Carrow Road since 1958 would know the obvious flaws in that claim. One I have chosen not to point out , prefering wiz to explain in his own way.

Yet all we get is not an explanation, but the thread taken down

says it all

[quote user=""]I have to agree with LDC nutty, something has been up with you for the last couple of days. Not trying to be argumentative or anything, but you do seem to be having a bit of a feud with LDC and Stig recently... We''re all Norwich fans! (Mostly)[/quote]

Well that''s strange because I reply to their posts. Stig openly posted that he was board so posted to wind people up. I don''t have a problem with that but I did have the right to reply. Because that thread has now been pulled people can now claim whatever they like.

I suspect that the only reason a thread gets pulled is if one of the bed wetting report button pushers complain about it.Again, you know who you are.

Also city1st, I believe this is of interest to you.

"greetings, faithful retainer. I am afraid i have had to resort to disguising myself as a cockroach to conceal myself among the masses. no doubt i shall cause some destruction but i am afraid collateral damage always happens in great causes if you understand. much like the stoning scene from the life of brian, a few words here and there will have the nonentitys crawling out. this time i hope for them to come to me rather than away. hopefully i shall locate or deduce who the ringleader of these degenerates is. as a friend i trust you to help me keep up ''appearences''. Will you? city1st"- Frodo

This was a PM sent by a troll who named himself "Frodo". He was active from the West Ham game onwards for a couple of days and was quite destructive in his short stay here. He sent this message to me and, as far as I can tell, nutty nigel as well.

Make of it what you will. I already have a few suspects.

[quote user="BWs Cat...again"]Welcome back city1st. In your absence Wiz has been having a real rout on here, especially during December. I''ve just tried to adopt this maxim. "Trying to use logic against those who have abandoned reason is like applying medicine to the dead"

[/quote]

That excellent maxim seems spookily familiar. I''m sure I''ve seen it on this message-board very recently. I can''t remember where. Still, as they say to aspiring writers, if you''re going to steal, steal from the best.

Not guilty, though it does highlight that this forum does have some odd types whose sole reason for existence appears to be to attack the club and genuine City fans

ps I wouldn''t pay heed to the guff about stealing, as stated above. It is only stealing in this sense if you were intentionally intending to pass off something as your own work. Stating it is an ''old maxim'' demonstrtaes that was not your intention. More concerning is why someone should wish to make such a snide comment.

I didn''t "steal" the quote. I can''t remember where I picked it up from but I liked it, so I used it in an appropriate situation.

I wouldn''t of put quote marks if I was trying to claim it as my own would I?

I often read a forum about surround sound & quadrophonics.

This place is a field of daisies in comparison.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][Or am I supposed top walk away and let you have the last word - even though you are wrong?   Thats how arguments carry on - someone keeps the argument going - ie in this case you![/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

You can lol all you like, but it doesn''t change the fact you misrepresented what I said.   You can have the last word if you like, I''m off out.  

[/quote]

Your pants-wetting began, LDC, because Nutty made a humerous comment to Stig and you thought it was addressed to you. Had you read Stig''s post carefully it would have been obvious to whom the comment was made. But like a puppy-dog with a rag in its mouth you just wouldn''t let it go, and every time NN posted he salami-sliced you - in the nicest possible way  of course. It was delicious to watch, actually.

Just try letting stuff go and stop taking everything personally and you''ll enjoy this message board a lot more.

I think it was the Hail Marys that threw him!

During my reflection this evening I shall ask the question why that thread disappeared because God only knows when you consider some of the other threads that remain...

Personally I think the lack of a moderator who actually posts on the boards is damaging. It''s like having a police officer on the beat around your local area. A presence that enforces the law would help to do just that, a simple post and a thread lock from said moderator would do a lot to quell some of the childish arguments and power struggle this board clearly has. I''m saying this in a very serious manner, I want SPD or whoever to acknowledge this post and actually get someone in on the job. I don''t mean a literal paid job, I''m sure you could find someone that would enjoy moderating this forum.
No? Probably not... [:#]

[quote user="Stig"]Personally I think the lack of a moderator who actually posts on the boards is damaging. It''s like having a police officer on the beat around your local area. A presence that enforces the law would help to do just that, a simple post and a thread lock from said moderator would do a lot to quell some of the childish arguments and power struggle this board clearly has. I''m saying this in a very serious manner, I want SPD or whoever to acknowledge this post and actually get someone in on the job. I don''t mean a literal paid job, I''m sure you could find someone that would enjoy moderating this forum.
[/quote]Couple of points on this.It is not Pete''s actual job moderating these forums, merely part of it, he is not paid to sit here 24/7.The level of moderation is fine, all The Pink un are bothered about is anything libelous that could get them into trouble.It is a football forum, of course its going to be opinionated, sometimes nasty, and usually lively, personally I wouldn''t have it any other way.People just need to man up and get on with it frankly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Stig"]Personally I think the lack of a moderator who actually posts on the boards is damaging. It''s like having a police officer on the beat around your local area. A presence that enforces the law would help to do just that, a simple post and a thread lock from said moderator would do a lot to quell some of the childish arguments and power struggle this board clearly has. I''m saying this in a very serious manner, I want SPD or whoever to acknowledge this post and actually get someone in on the job. I don''t mean a literal paid job, I''m sure you could find someone that would enjoy moderating this forum.
[/quote]Couple of points on this.It is not Pete''s actual job moderating these forums, merely part of it, he is not paid to sit here 24/7.The level of moderation is fine, all The Pink un are bothered about is anything libelous that could get them into trouble.It is a football forum, of course its going to be opinionated, sometimes nasty, and usually lively, personally I wouldn''t have it any other way.People just need to man up and get on with it frankly.[/quote]
Don''t get me wrong Morty. I''m fine with the arguements and am highly amused by the abuse people sometimes use but it''s more for the fact sometimes I WANT to stay on topic and not argue with silly children all day. I know it''s not SDP''s job and he wouldn''t want to sit on here 24/7 - but I''m sure someone would like to and it would go a long way to cleaning this place up some.
But you''re right, people could man up and get on with it instead of destroying threads in a desperate attempt to get one over each other...

[quote user="Stig"]Oh, and just to clear it up I did get the jest in your original reply Nutty [;)][/quote]

I thought you probably did Stig.

I think too much is made about the politics of the board. I find it an amusing side dish but the main course is football and our great club. Some posters get so bogged down by the politics that they forget to post about anything else. There''s a poster around now, called Louis something or other, who has about a couple of dozen posts and they all seem to be about what other posters do. Don''t get bogged down like that. This is a great community and a great place for Norwich fans. And there''s some fantastic football threads on here right now. There''s no need to get involved with the rest unless you want to.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Stig"]Oh, and just to clear it up I did get the jest in your original reply Nutty [;)][/quote]

I thought you probably did Stig.

I think too much is made about the politics of the board. I find it an amusing side dish but the main course is football and our great club. Some posters get so bogged down by the politics that they forget to post about anything else. There''s a poster around now, called Louis something or other, who has about a couple of dozen posts and they all seem to be about what other posters do. Don''t get bogged down like that. This is a great community and a great place for Norwich fans. And there''s some fantastic football threads on here right now. There''s no need to get involved with the rest unless you want to.

[/quote]
I think on a basis like that, a moderator could lock this thread and we could all get on with this football threads! [Y] Haha