Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Asking this just the once

Look, that''s twice now. One of them wasn''t my threads but one was and they''ve both been deleted because the people who posted failed to stay on topic and started argueing amongst themselves. I''m imploring everyone to stay on topic and discuss Norwich city or whatever the topic is, I know it''s not easy to get along with everyone and I''m not asking you to...  but just take the morale high ground and ignore them. Please? That''s all I''m asking. 

[quote user="Stig"]Look, that''s twice now. One of them wasn''t my threads but one was and they''ve both been deleted because the people who posted failed to stay on topic and started argueing amongst themselves. I''m imploring everyone to stay on topic and discuss Norwich city or whatever the topic is, I know it''s not easy to get along with everyone and I''m not asking you to...  but just take the morale high ground and ignore them. Please? That''s all I''m asking. [/quote]

Interestingly, one of those threads had returned to be on topic by the end, but it was deleted anyway.   C''est la vie - or whatever they say in Newcastle................

I don''t understand why threads would be deleted, unless they contained something which was potentially libelous or damaging.

Surely LOCKING a thread when it gets off topic would be a better policy?

Funny enough, just as the infighting starts certain posters re-appear to tag those who are negative as Binners or Troll’s.

I’m sitting on the fence once more, but dislike the way a lot of posts appear to be hijacked by the select few and bang there we go again! Just can’t be asked to post too often as if you have an opinion it has to be in line with the mainstream or you just get set upon.

Even  Nutty who I have a lot of respect started a daft thread trying to divide the board! Sad.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I don''t understand why threads would be deleted, unless they contained something which was potentially libelous or damaging.

Surely LOCKING a thread when it gets off topic would be a better policy?[/quote]
I assumed it was just general mopping up, I don''t think it got insulting... it was just bickering, so I guess that doesn''t get to stick around. In line with Pete''s "New start" stuff... [:^)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Stig"]Look, that''s twice now. One of them wasn''t my threads but one was and they''ve both been deleted because the people who posted failed to stay on topic and started argueing amongst themselves. I''m imploring everyone to stay on topic and discuss Norwich city or whatever the topic is, I know it''s not easy to get along with everyone and I''m not asking you to...  but just take the morale high ground and ignore them. Please? That''s all I''m asking. [/quote]

Interestingly, one of those threads had returned to be on topic by the end, but it was deleted anyway.   C''est la vie - or whatever they say in Newcastle................

[/quote]
This is true, all was needed was to delete the OT posts within the thread...

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I don''t understand why threads would be deleted, unless they contained something which was potentially libelous or damaging. Surely LOCKING a thread when it gets off topic would be a better policy?[/quote]

To stop this message board looking like its full of over grown kids and putting off potential new traffic [:P]

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I don''t understand why threads would be deleted, unless they contained something which was potentially libelous or damaging.

Surely LOCKING a thread when it gets off topic would be a better policy?[/quote]
I assumed it was just general mopping up, I don''t think it got insulting... it was just bickering, so I guess that doesn''t get to stick around. In line with Pete''s "New start" stuff... [:^)]
[/quote]

In my case it was more of a conversation - with each not wanting to let the other have the last word - rather than bickering, but fair dos, it wasn''t on topic so it got the chop. 

Okay Stig, I''ll try, but when someone is lying and embelleshing your words to cause you hurt and grief, its damn hard not to reply (which they want you to do of course) but I really will try harder to blank them in the future.

Top thread btw.

I predict that this thread will also disappear as soon as it is detected by certain posters. The trouble is that there is no sanctions. Simply having a thread pulled is not a deterrant to those that flout the rules. We either need a complete free for all or some enforcement of standards. Either would seem better than the covert protetcion of certain well known posters on this board - others have been banned for fewer transgressions.

[quote user="Indy"]

Funny enough, just as the infighting starts certain posters re-appear to tag those who are negative as Binners or Troll’s.

I’m sitting on the fence once more, but dislike the way a lot of posts appear to be hijacked by the select few and bang there we go again! Just can’t be asked to post too often as if you have an opinion it has to be in line with the mainstream or you just get set upon.

Even  Nutty who I have a lot of respect started a daft thread trying to divide the board! Sad.

[/quote]

nutty started a thread because three or four posters were all over the board pinning ridiculous labels on anyone who disagreed with them. In hindsight I should have done what I usually do and replied to the childish posts rather than start a childish thread.

I see last night''s thread has been deleted. Was it deleted because Lakey started a thread to try and inforce his views on others? Was it deleted because Stig openly admitted he was bored and so posted to wind people up? Or was it deleted because I replied to Stig thanking him for his confession and suggesting he say two Hail Marys? If it''s the latter then it would definitely be the case of moderating the man not the ball.

This thread has real potential to be divisive. I fail to see why posters want to enforce their own will and values on others. If people want to post their opinions but not debate them they should write a blog.

I think some people are far too sensitive. It''s a bloody internet forum and if you feel bullied on here God knows how you''d act if it was real life. Remember, nobody forces you to reply to a facetious remark Just let it go, it''s not that big a deal.

Exactly Jas. Few people on this site would be bold enough to walk into a working man''s pub and be as bold in case they got thumped. I am not advocating violence, but just pointing out that we could perhaps adopt the standards of behaviour that would be the norm in a pub, although no doubt I will be derided as being out of touch with modernity. My analogy also reminds me of the time when I was getting flashed and gesticulated at from the car behind until the point where a long queue ahead was encountered. Suddenly, the gentleman in the car behind was desperate to avoid any eye contact with me and perhaps was feeling a tad less brave.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Suddenly, the gentleman in the car behind was desperate to avoid any eye contact with me and perhaps was feeling a tad less brave.[/quote]He was not a Leeds fan then?

It’s not about feeling bullied ricardo, more the 14 pages of utter degeneration into name calling, which side you sit on and puerile drivel which some good threads go into.

And there are some masters on here in leading you into this line of replying too, before you know it you’ve sank to certain levels. I intend not to be lead down this road anymore. Sensible debate, ensuring not to imply anything as certain and just validating my opinion, debating it and changing my view with reasonable conversations on this board.

Nutty no offense meant about your thread, just that you’re not one of the posters I would have ever thought would have posted your thread.

No offence taken Indy. I fail to see how people can take so much offence at something posted on here. Maybe that''s half the problem.

It says a lot about the world today that we can''t take the time to read back what we''ve written to ensure that we don''t offend our peers. People have different thresholds when it comes to prose, just as they do to pain. Water off a ducks back to some could be tearing feathers from angel wings to others.

Just because what you post isn''t offensive to you, doesn''t mean that it isn''t to others. We should all think that way, anything else is selfish.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No offence taken Indy. I fail to see how people can take so much offence at something posted on here. Maybe that''s half the problem.

[/quote]

People can take offence in real life if something is said to them they don''t like or is untrue.   Some of us on here are real people - others see it as a playground where anything goes.  So like it or not,  there are some people who are on here mainly to be a pain and others of us who are genuine about the way the club is supported and want to discuss/influence/learn from others.   If taking your football club or other fans seriously on here is not allowed because its the internet, then I''m out of here.     I''m on this board because its about Norwich City and not because its the internet.   It should be seen to be a privilege to be able to come on these boards.   The fact that it becomes a battleground at times is a sad reflection of some of the posters on here.   

Personally - and I am allowed to put my views forcefully on here Nutty, believe it or not - I will answer back to anyone who appears to be having a go at me - and I get plenty of that - but equally can take some stick if I have been wrong, too.   The trouble is some like to milk it for all they are worth just to boost their feeling of status - and don''t like it if you have the temerity to answer back.    Others just want to be allowed to air their views without being classed or labelled  or categorised. There are two sides to everything - we all understand that (I hope)  - but we should be able to say what we think without it incurring  insults, abuse or  snide and sarcastic put downs.   We''re all guilty of it from time to time - if we''re honest - but I wonder how many of us are honest enough to admit it to ourselves.   

The internet is just another part of life''s rich pageant, but like everything else, its only as good as the things that are put on it.   Fill it with trolling rubbish if you like - but you do no service to the fans of our club - or the club itself for that matter - if you do.     

[quote user="Wiz"]

Okay Stig, I''ll try, but when someone is lying and embelleshing your words to cause you hurt and grief, its damn hard not to reply (which they want you to do of course) but I really will try harder to blank them in the future.

Top thread btw.

[/quote]

And there is the rub. They were not lies, but direct quotes from posts you had put up. Over the years you have made numerous serious allegations against the club, and more importantly individuals within the club.

For this board to have any integrity or worth in needs to be honest. Honest in the sense of knowing where somebody is coming from in regard to a particular point, more so when that point is making accusations of criminality and of someone being convicted of criminal offences. 

Away from those claims you have made many claims about yourself wiz, yet time and time again other posts put up by you have contradicted those claims. You claimed in an previous post -

Oh so very true, hell, I can remember no roofs on 3 stands!

Last night I asked you when that was. The thread was subsequently pulled. So perhaps you would care to tell us all when this was, as I suspect it is not my supposed lies and embellishments that are the problem but the truth that is contained within your own posts.

The floor is yours.

[quote user="ricardo"]I think some people are far too sensitive. It''s a bloody internet forum and if you feel bullied on here God knows how you''d act if it was real life. Remember, nobody forces you to reply to a facetious remark Just let it go, it''s not that big a deal. [/quote]
Ricardo, you talk more sense than anyone on this forum imo. Spt on. If people are feeling hurt and aggrieved by comments on the messageboard, then I suggest they venture into the real world once in a while, or if they insist upon living on the internet, then do some reading into the lives of people in the Democratic Republic of Congo, or Palestine, or Sierra Leone, and educate themselves on what it''s actually like to have a hard life, and stop being such insufferably melodramatic chiuldren. 
Or just stop posting self-aggrandizing, attention seeking b**locks and learn to express themselves in a coherent fashion that gets their point across without the hyper-emotional nonsense that annoys people.... 
It''s a messageboard FFS - if you feel bullied on here, chances are you''ve brought it on yourself and deserve it, or you just need to man up and stop being so emotionally involved and fragile over a bloody forum.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ricardo"]I think some people are far too sensitive. It''s a bloody internet forum and if you feel bullied on here God knows how you''d act if it was real life. Remember, nobody forces you to reply to a facetious remark Just let it go, it''s not that big a deal. [/quote]
Ricardo, you talk more sense than anyone on this forum imo. Spt on. If people are feeling hurt and aggrieved by comments on the messageboard, then I suggest they venture into the real world once in a while, or if they insist upon living on the internet, then do some reading into the lives of people in the Democratic Republic of Congo, or Palestine, or Sierra Leone, and educate themselves on what it''s actually like to have a hard life, and stop being such insufferably melodramatic chiuldren. 
Or just stop posting self-aggrandizing, attention seeking b**locks and learn to express themselves in a coherent fashion that gets their point across without the hyper-emotional nonsense that annoys people.... 
It''s a messageboard FFS - if you feel bullied on here, chances are you''ve brought it on yourself and deserve it, or you just need to man up and stop being so emotionally involved and fragile over a bloody forum.
[/quote]

^^^This.There are certain types who actually want to be offended, so they can gain sympathy and attention.You know who you are.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ricardo"]I think some people are far too sensitive. It''s a bloody internet forum and if you feel bullied on here God knows how you''d act if it was real life. Remember, nobody forces you to reply to a facetious remark Just let it go, it''s not that big a deal.
[/quote]

[/quote]

AMEN!!!!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

People can take offence in real life if something is said to them they don''t like or is untrue.   Some of us on here are real people - others see it as a playground where anything goes.  So like it or not,  there are some people who are on here mainly to be a pain and others of us who are genuine about the way the club is supported and want to discuss/influence/learn from others.   If taking your football club or other fans seriously on here is not allowed because its the internet, then I''m out of here.     I''m on this board because its about Norwich City and not because its the internet.   It should be seen to be a privilege to be able to come on these boards.   The fact that it becomes a battleground at times is a sad reflection of some of the posters on here.   

Personally - and I am allowed to put my views forcefully on here Nutty, believe it or not - I will answer back to anyone who appears to be having a go at me - and I get plenty of that - but equally can take some stick if I have been wrong, too.   The trouble is some like to milk it for all they are worth just to boost their feeling of status - and don''t like it if you have the temerity to answer back.    Others just want to be allowed to air their views without being classed or labelled  or categorised. There are two sides to everything - we all understand that (I hope)  - but we should be able to say what we think without it incurring  insults, abuse or  snide and sarcastic put downs.   We''re all guilty of it from time to time - if we''re honest - but I wonder how many of us are honest enough to admit it to ourselves.   

The internet is just another part of life''s rich pageant, but like everything else, its only as good as the things that are put on it.   Fill it with trolling rubbish if you like - but you do no service to the fans of our club - or the club itself for that matter - if you do.     

[/quote]

Now then Lakey. What did you take such great offence to last night. Was it Stig openly admitting he was bored so posted to wind others up. Or was it me for hearing his confession and suggesting he say two Hail Marys? I think we both know the answer but would like you to say it nonetheless.

What you should also remember is that I don''t post anything on here that I wouldn''t say to the poster face to face. Despite the claims of (to quote City 1st) the dimwitted this is real life. And I know many of the posters personally as well as through this medium and do say the same to them in person as on here.

And one further observation. there appears to be a change in the moderating of this board. This thread, which was started by a self confessed troll, and designed to be divisive has been left here all day. It is no different to the childish thread I posted yesterday. Now my point isn''t that this should be deleted. Just that the other one shouldn''t have been either.

NN,Do you have a view why your ''childish'' thread was removed yesterday?. I didn''t spot it before disappeared and would be interested in your perception, without opening up the debate again as that will cleary risk another disappearence.

[quote user="nutty nigel"] Now then Lakey. What did you take such great offence to last night. Was it Stig openly admitting he was bored so posted to wind others up. Or was it me for hearing his confession and suggesting he say two Hail Marys? I think we both know the answer but would like you to say it nonetheless. What you should also remember is that I don''t post anything on here that I wouldn''t say to the poster face to face. Despite the claims of (to quote City 1st) the dimwitted this is real life. And I know many of the posters personally as well as through this medium and do say the same to them in person as on here. And one further observation. there appears to be a change in the moderating of this board. This thread, which was started by a self confessed troll, and designed to be divisive has been left here all day. It is no different to the childish thread I posted yesterday. Now my point isn''t that this should be deleted. Just that the other one shouldn''t have been either. [/quote]

I didn''t take offence - if you remember I mistakenly gave you credit for a what I thought was a witty post relating to something else I had posted elsewhere, then we had a discussion.   No offence meant or taken.  We are all different personalities on here - some more real than others - but there''s room for us all.   The moderating on the board could be more incisive - but if only people could refrain from attacking others with untruths and insults - that would not be necessary.    The worst kind of abuse is the ambiguous, insipid and snide comments which are really veiled insults designed to wind up a particular poster (no, not necessarily me).   If there was misunderstanding in your post on Stig you''ve only got yourself to blame as you are very good at the witty comments - perhaps I was giving you more credit than you deserved in assuming the religious tone to your post was a witty/clever dig at a post I made elsewhere - but if you''re honest, you know you are not unknown for your digs at posters. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Now then Lakey. What did you take such great offence to last night. Was it Stig openly admitting he was bored so posted to wind others up. Or was it me for hearing his confession and suggesting he say two Hail Marys? I think we both know the answer but would like you to say it nonetheless. What you should also remember is that I don''t post anything on here that I wouldn''t say to the poster face to face. Despite the claims of (to quote City 1st) the dimwitted this is real life. And I know many of the posters personally as well as through this medium and do say the same to them in person as on here. And one further observation. there appears to be a change in the moderating of this board. This thread, which was started by a self confessed troll, and designed to be divisive has been left here all day. It is no different to the childish thread I posted yesterday. Now my point isn''t that this should be deleted. Just that the other one shouldn''t have been either.
 [/quote]

I didn''t take offence - if you remember I mistakenly gave you credit for a what I thought was a witty post relating to something else I had posted elsewhere, then we had a discussion.   No offence meant or taken.  We are all different personalities on here - some more real than others - but there''s room for us all.   The moderating on the board could be more incisive - but if only people could refrain from attacking others with untruths and insults - that would not be necessary.    The worst kind of abuse is the ambiguous, insipid and snide comments which are really veiled insults designed to wind up a particular poster (no, not necessarily me).   If there was misunderstanding in your post on Stig you''ve only got yourself to blame as you are very good at the witty comments - perhaps I was giving you more credit than you deserved in assuming the religious tone to your post was a witty/clever dig at a post I made elsewhere - but if you''re honest, you know you are not unknown for your digs at posters. 

[/quote]

There you go again trying to enforce your standards on to others. My remarks about confessions and pennance come from my RC background. They were neither offensive or blasphemous and they had absolutely nothing to do with you. Despite the fact that you obviously think otherwise you, like me, are just another poster on here. You like to criticise others but you are no more or less important than Stig, me or Mungo. Don''t make the mistake of suggesting my posts are dishonest. I doubt you''d ever suggest that to me face to face. You can dredge this board right back to my first post if you want to and you still won''t find a dishonest post.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Now then Lakey. What did you take such great offence to last night. Was it Stig openly admitting he was bored so posted to wind others up. Or was it me for hearing his confession and suggesting he say two Hail Marys? I think we both know the answer but would like you to say it nonetheless. What you should also remember is that I don''t post anything on here that I wouldn''t say to the poster face to face. Despite the claims of (to quote City 1st) the dimwitted this is real life. And I know many of the posters personally as well as through this medium and do say the same to them in person as on here. And one further observation. there appears to be a change in the moderating of this board. This thread, which was started by a self confessed troll, and designed to be divisive has been left here all day. It is no different to the childish thread I posted yesterday. Now my point isn''t that this should be deleted. Just that the other one shouldn''t have been either. [/quote]

I didn''t take offence - if you remember I mistakenly gave you credit for a what I thought was a witty post relating to something else I had posted elsewhere, then we had a discussion.   No offence meant or taken.  We are all different personalities on here - some more real than others - but there''s room for us all.   The moderating on the board could be more incisive - but if only people could refrain from attacking others with untruths and insults - that would not be necessary.    The worst kind of abuse is the ambiguous, insipid and snide comments which are really veiled insults designed to wind up a particular poster (no, not necessarily me).   If there was misunderstanding in your post on Stig you''ve only got yourself to blame as you are very good at the witty comments - perhaps I was giving you more credit than you deserved in assuming the religious tone to your post was a witty/clever dig at a post I made elsewhere - but if you''re honest, you know you are not unknown for your digs at posters.  [/quote]

There you go again trying to enforce your standards on to others. My remarks about confessions and pennance come from my RC background. They were neither offensive or blasphemous and they had absolutely nothing to do with you. Despite the fact that you obviously think otherwise you, like me, are just another poster on here. You like to criticise others but you are no more or less important than Stig, me or Mungo. Don''t make the mistake of suggesting my posts are dishonest. I doubt you''d ever suggest that to me face to face. You can dredge this board right back to my first post if you want to and you still won''t find a dishonest post.

[/quote]

Err.......I never said you were dishonest.  Neither am I  trying to force my standards - I have opinions, just like everybody else.  Also, I said nothing about blasphemy in relation to your post. And  I have said frequently we are all the same on here - or should be. So why are you are putting words into my mouth or at least misrepresenting what I write?  Or am I supposed top walk away and let you have the last word - even though you are wrong?   Thats how arguments carry on - someone keeps the argument going - ie in this case you!