Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 27

Morning PUPs and Good Luck to Mister Chops.

MMMK - ARSENAL -v- Blackburn   HOME WIN

Taking my first trip to the Conference for a while in the BSN:

MM - Corby -v- CHESTER   AWAY WIN

Good Luck one and all [;)]

Good luck Mr. Chops, I''m going with an FA Cup tie, where I expect:Arsenal to beat BlackburnGood luck again Mr. Chops and all you Pups.

The Conference for me this week and I reckon that Forest Green (3rd, 53 points from 31 games) will see off Gateshead (20th, 31 points from 27 games).  Forest Green have taken eight points from the previous four games while Gateshead have taken just one, losing the last three in a row.Best of luck Michael - Pink''un legend and all-round top guy - and to all PUPs.

Thanks for all your picks so far.  I will be back later after I''ve done some analysis but there looks to be a decent amount to pick from this week.

Hello again,And first let me say thank you to Nutty Nigel for continuing the one thread on this board that I truly enjoy and look forward to.  Let''s hope we can be lucky this weekend, and in that spirit thank you to everyone who has given me a pick to select from.I won''t pick from the FA Cup.  I just won''t do it.  Sorry.  I know Chelsea and Arsenal look massively tempting but I can''t bring myself to pick either of them and hope I don''t regret this tomorrow (or Sunday, or whenever they are being played).I watched a film recently called Moneyball.  It was okay.  Brad Pitt''s quite handsome and I like baseball.  Not much of a plot though.  Anyway, as you keen followers of the relegation mini-leagueâ„¢ (© Chops) will know, I am keen on stats.  There is nobody in Norfolk better with Microsoft Excel than me.  Etc etc.  I lie, a little.So, six home games it is.  Of those offered:

Home W D L Pts GD Pts/Game Gl diff/game   Away W D L Pts GD Pts/Game Gl diff/game
Cardiff 12 1 1 37 17 2.6 1.2   Bristol City 3 2 10 11 -10 0.7 -0.7
Twente 7 2 1 23 12 2.3 1.2   Willem II 0 4 7 4 -17 0.4 -1.5
Oostende 9 2 0 29 16 2.6 1.5   Heist 1 3 6 6 -8 0.6 -0.8
Bayer 7 2 1 23 12 2.3 1.2   Augsburg 1 4 5 7 -8 0.7 -0.8
Benfica 6 2 0 20 17 2.5 2.1   Academia 1 5 2 8 0 1.0 0.0
Valencia 7 2 3 23 2 1.9 0.2   Mallorca 1 3 8 6 -14 0.5 -1.2
Forest Green 7 4 3 25 14 1.8 1.0   Gateshead 3 5 8 14 -11 0.9 -0.7
I noted Valencia shipped five at home twice but both to attacking sides.  Mallorca are not attacking, as far as I can tell.  Oh, jinx.I will select the following six:

Home Away
Cardiff to beat Bristol City
Twente to beat Willem II
Oostende to beat Heist
Bayer to beat Augsburg
Benfica to beat Academia
Valencia to beat Mallorca
Thanks again, fingers crossed and let''s hope we get a bit of overdue luck this week.

Thanks Mister. Brilliant analysis resulting in an exciting final six. This is just what we need on a weekend with no game so if we get that overdue slice of luck we always need this could keep us interested all weekend. I feel that this is going to be another weekend which sees PUPs from all over the world checking the scores of random games all over Europe as the power of the PUPs will the final six home. And what a strong final six they are with a very healthy potential pay out of £60.46. Here are the details : -

Cardiff

8/15

1pm Sat

Sid, Bor, CTID, Hughesy

Bayer Leverkusen

1/2

2:30pm Sat

Mr Angry

Twente

2/11

5:45pm Sat

Yankee, NYC, Kathy, Beaus, Pete

Oostende

3/10

2pm Sun

Purple, Trent

Valencia

2/5

4pm Sun

nutty

Benfica

2/9

8:15pm Sun

Tilly

Mister I don''t think you indicated your own pick.

Best of luck to us all.

What do you mean not much of a plot Chopsy? I thought they kept pretty well to the real life events it was based on (or the book the real life events were based on, what ever) anyway, good set of picks and hopefully you''re on to a winner!

Great thinking Kev. Thank you buddy. So we now have the bet on twice and the odds had stayed the same : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Valencia @ 2/5
Cardiff @ 8/15
Bayer Leverkusen @ 1/2
KV Oostende @ 3/10
FC Twente @ 2/11
Benfica @ 2/9
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
15/02/2013 22:11:0810.000.00
Cardiff @ 8/15
FC Twente @ 2/11
KV Oostende @ 3/10
Bayer Leverkusen @ 1/2
Benfica @ 2/9
Valencia @ 2/5
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
15/02/2013 21:26:3310.000.00
Total for this period 20.000.00

Very sorry I''m so late Mr Chops, I had FC Twente pencilled down as a winner this week but I never got around to posting it. So FC Twente to beat Willem II for me as well please.Good luck all.

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Nutty, my good man - I have just Paypal gifted you £10.00Please use it to double Mister Chops'' bet for this week.Kev[/quote]

Nice one Kev :)

Well there we have it. In all three games today we had a late goal against us. Unfortunately this one cost us and it finished 1-1. Unlucky Mister. And Leeds. Shows how difficult this game is, There are no certainties.

The wrinkly old stormchaser [:D] ( Beaus expression not mine i hasten to add) has just posted the Canary Challenge PUPs League on the Rays Funds Facebook page and it looks as though somebody is running away with it with an 8 point lead. [;)]

Rats.Thanks for the opportunity this week - it was looking good but 90th minute equalisers weren''t in the script.  And there I was feeling good about dodging the Arsenal-shaped banana skin.... oh well.  Onwards and upwards to next week.