Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 27

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 27 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have a real treat with Mister Chops in charge and making the final selections. Now Mister is one of my favourite posters on this board. He makes me laugh and he always seems to see the humour in any situation our club has found itself in. That was a godsend on here in the dark days leading up to our relegation in 2009. If any of you PUPs who weren’t around back then have a few moments to spare follow this link to what I believe was Mister’s finest hour on this board. It really is worth a read.  : -

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1908872/ShowPost.aspx  

But it’s not just the humour. Mister Chops has always supported both Ray and then me on these threads. He’s a picker right up there with the best every season who has also won twice before with the final selections. One of those wins being the highest ever when his six paid £138 in 2008.

Mister Magic is just what we need after the last few weeks of crazy results which have made a win impossible. So let’s all provide our very best selections and leave him to do the rest. Don’t forget for your selection to be of any use it must be listed on Bet365 and played on Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Mister. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x3 by your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Michael ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours.......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1897 for the Academy,so far.

Not sure I would recommend any selection of mine at the moment, but here goes. To the Belgium second tier:

KV Oostende to win at home against Heist.

Top versus bottom. KV Oostende with a 9-2-0 and 23/7 home record. They have won their last two games by 4-0 and 4-1. Heist with a 1-3-6 and 9/17 away record.

Good luck to all!

A rare visit to the domestic scene for me this week, to the championship

Cardiff v Bristol City - Home Win

Cardiff are top and virtually nailed on for promotion and have 12-1-1 25-8 at home, Brizzle are 23rd with 3-2-10 14-24 away.

Good luck Choppsy, and all you PUPs

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Found a top vs mid table clash in Division d''Honneur in Martinique.

Club Franciscain Vs Riviere-Pilote

Home Win.

[/quote]

Unless this selection appears on bet365 it''s useless for Mister''s final six ''nana. But if you''d like to keep it for your personal stats that''s fine by me. You probably need a few of these to improve on your four winning selections so far this season[;)]

Totally agree with Nutty Nigel''s introduction, Mister Chops'' sense of humour is much needed and, as a music fan, I like his use of musical references in his signatures and avatars.

Anyway, I need a change of fortune this week, I had a run of beginners luck but I think I''ve bombed out on the last 3 or 4.

I''m going for a home win for Bayer Leverkusen, in 3rd, against one-off-the-bottom Augsburg in the German Bundesliga.

Good luck to all PUPs and extra special luck to Mister Chops.

FA Cup for me this this week - Arsenal v Blackburn HOME win please.  I am hoping that the number of ''upsets'' last time will mean things return to relative normality this week!!

Best of luck to all, especially Mr Chops

I never read anything less funny in my old life.  That was like Allo Allo, only not funny.

Anyway, that''s got to be Cardiff City to beat Bristol City.  Nothing in the old Championship is nailed on except Mick McCarthy''s hair, but this looks a good option.

I''ve just taken a bit of time to read the The 2008 Pink''un/NCFC Xmas Panto Musical - The Full Version by Mr Chops, thanks for posting it up Nutty - I do remember those dark days in recent NCFC history - I have to say that in my opinion, that has to be the funniest bit of satire on any messageboard anywhere in the world and completely stands the test of time!!  Great work Mr C.

Hoping to stop my slide down the table this week with:

FOREST GREEN 7-4-3 (28-14)  -v-  Gateshead 3-5-8 (16-27)

Good Luck Mr C and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to that lovely old Bor Mr.C and good luck also to all you other PUPs out there. I notice it is getting very tight at the top of the PUPs League Nutty.[:D][;)][Y]

Anyway down to business and to the land of sardine fishermen where i do not often venture and a HOME WIN please for BENFICA v Academica.

I can''t remember exactly how this works as I haven''t taken part so far this year, but anyone can join in right?

I''d suggest Yeovil to beat Scunthorpe - home win

I''ll go for the FA Cup this weekend, I expect Arsenal to avoid the upset at home to Blackburn. Now that BBurn are getting closer to the play-offs, think that will be their focus and they''ll not go all out against an Arsenal side that will be too strong for them even if they do go all out.

Arsenal vs Blackburn- Home win.

Good luck :)

Will have to go for Chelsea to beat Brentford this weekend in the cup, even though they are in action on Thursday night in the Europa League.

Good Luck Mr Chops and all pickers!

Been having a good look around for something different Mister. Finally found a Sunday game in Spain that I like. Valencia (W7 D2 L3 F23 A21 at home) entertain Mallorca (W1 D3 L8 F10 A24 away). Valencia'' last two home league games have been a draw with Barcelona and a defeat to Real Madrid. In between those they drew with Real in the Cup and last Tuesday they lost 1-2 to PSG in the CL. They have a nice break until Sunday and this is their easiest game for a while.

Valencia             v            Mallorca           Home Win

Good luck Mister.

I''m also still looking after Kathy''s picks.( While she''s away helping us have a break from Tilly''s Canary Challenge gloating)[;)] Kathy left me : -

FC Twente        v        Willem II        Home Win

Kathy also left her best wishes for Mister and all you PUPs

Good luck Mister Chops!

Consistently the best poster on this board, and all round nice guy - always a pleasure to see you at the Pups meets.

SHEFFIELD UTD v Colchester is my nap this week

Leedscanary

Scottish Second Division where runaway leaders Queen of South (8-1-1-28-8) (overall...19-3-1-58-14) visit second from bottom Stranraer (4-3-4-17-18).Stranraer v Queen of South.......Away win.Good luck Chopsey. [Y]

don''t know how you feel about youth games? but melbourne victory youth vs western sydney wanderers youth - home winLet me know if it''s not allowedgoodluck all esp Misteralso thanks nutty for sorting my pick last week. [Y]