Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Oh, And another thing....

A good manager, say a Mike Walker or a Paul Lambert would''ve recognised that Ruddy needed to be rested/rotated for that game when he got injured (I''m not sure which one it was but it was another where Crofts had a bad game because they never mentioned him on the radio I was watching on) saving us from losing at least 30 points and we''d be safe by now.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

A good manager, say a Mike Walker or a Paul Lambert would''ve recognised that Ruddy needed to be rested/rotated for that game when he got injured (I''m not sure which one it was but it was another where Crofts had a bad game because they never mentioned him on the radio I was watching on) saving us from losing at least 30 points and we''d be safe by now.

[/quote]I''m confused. Are you saying that if CH had rested Ruddy (for the Everton game btw) we would now be challenging for the title? Since Everton we have played 13 games with Bunn in goal and picked up 11 points from 39 (i.e. a loss of 28 points) . To have avoided losing 30 points, we would have not had to have gone a record breaking 13 game win sequence, but also found an additional 2 points from thin air. Yes, Bunn isnt as good as Ruddy, but there are other factors behind our sequence too. As for what CH knew about the extent of Ruddy''s injury, we wont know unless that comes into the publi domain.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]I''m confused. Are you saying that if CH had rested Ruddy (for the Everton game btw) we would now be challenging for the title? Since Everton we have played 13 games with Bunn in goal and picked up 11 points from 39 (i.e. a loss of 28 points) . To have avoided losing 30 points, we would have not had to have gone a record breaking 13 game win sequence, but also found an additional 2 points from thin air. Yes, Bunn isnt as good as Ruddy, but there are other factors behind our sequence too. As for what CH knew about the extent of Ruddy''s injury, we wont know unless that comes into the publi domain.[/quote]

To me you seem to be blaming the air quality now. At least that''s the way it comes across. Who''s to say that if the air had been less thin then we might have made a few extra points if not all thirty? You can''t blame Hughton about the air. It''s Norfolk''s freshest for the home games anyway. For some of those away games up north, I concede you might have a point.

I don''t know why this needed a thread because it states the obvious, but it is true that Ruddy''s unexpected injury has probably cost us a few points, not because Bunn is a bad keeper but because Ruddy is a top drawer keeper who constantly makes saves that he wouldn''t be expected to make.

It should also be remembered that Hughton took the initiative to bring in an experienced number 2, a decision which could well be the difference between us being where we are and in the relegation zone.

Along will come Reasonable Canary to claim that I am slagging off Declan Rudd and Paul Lambert, but most of us on here will remember the Bryan Gunn leg break and the way that Andy Marshall struggled to handle the pressure which came with being thrust into first team Premier League football at a young age - despite Andy Marshall subsequently showing himself to be a very capable keeper.

Hughton''s decision to spend £1m on Bunn has proven to be completely justified despite many at the time, me included, perhaps thinking that it was a lot of money for a keeper who wouldn''t play.

Are people seriously this stupid, that they aren''t seeing the obvious, tongue in cheek, nature of this thread?[:D]

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

A good manager would have bought Fraser Forster when he was available and kept the world class Joe Lewis as his understudy, leaving Ruddy to make calamitous mistakes in Everton Reserves.

[quote user="morty"]Are people seriously this stupid, that they aren''t seeing the obvious, tongue in cheek, nature of this thread?[:D][/quote]Yes they are.........but you sound surprised!

[quote user="Orford65"][quote user="morty"]Are people seriously this stupid, that they aren''t seeing the obvious, tongue in cheek, nature of this thread?[:D][/quote]Yes they are.........but you sound surprised![/quote]Yes, correct, I really shouldn''t be so surprised lol.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]To me you seem to be blaming the air quality now. At least that''s the way it comes across. Who''s to say that if the air had been less thin then we might have made a few extra points if not all thirty? You can''t blame Hughton about the air. It''s Norfolk''s freshest for the home games anyway. For some of those away games up north, I concede you might have a point.[/quote]Good post. You seem to be forgetting the lighter balls though. They move around more in the air and coupled with the fresh Norfolk air which is fresher than the rest of the country, the ball tends to swirl about more. That''s why Snoddy''s free kicks are so successful but if you notice, forwards find corner kicks very difficult to get their heads to. Even Stoke didn''t bother much with the long throw at Carrow Rd for the same reason....

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]To me you seem to be blaming the air quality now. At least that''s the way it comes across. Who''s to say that if the air had been less thin then we might have made a few extra points if not all thirty? You can''t blame Hughton about the air. It''s Norfolk''s freshest for the home games anyway. For some of those away games up north, I concede you might have a point.[/quote]

Good post. You seem to be forgetting the lighter balls though. They move around more in the air and coupled with the fresh Norfolk air which is fresher than the rest of the country, the ball tends to swirl about more. That''s why Snoddy''s free kicks are so successful but if you notice, forwards find corner kicks very difficult to get their heads to. Even Stoke didn''t bother much with the long throw at Carrow Rd for the same reason....
[/quote]

Have you considered that lighter balls are causing the strikers to jump higher, the moving around more in the air problem could be solved by tighter jock straps.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]To me you seem to be blaming the air quality now. At least that''s the way it comes across. Who''s to say that if the air had been less thin then we might have made a few extra points if not all thirty? You can''t blame Hughton about the air. It''s Norfolk''s freshest for the home games anyway. For some of those away games up north, I concede you might have a point.[/quote]Good post. You seem to be forgetting the lighter balls though. They move around more in the air and coupled with the fresh Norfolk air which is fresher than the rest of the country, the ball tends to swirl about more. That''s why Snoddy''s free kicks are so successful but if you notice, forwards find corner kicks very difficult to get their heads to. Even Stoke didn''t bother much with the long throw at Carrow Rd for the same reason....[/quote]
I... HAHA! Brilliant [:D]

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Have you considered that lighter balls are causing the strikers to jump higher, the moving around more in the air problem could be solved by tighter jock straps.[/quote]Exactly! And that''s probably why Ruddy was injured in the first place. Can you imagine the strain on those muscles trying to get his massive frame six or seven feet into the air? Light balls have a lot to answer for...

Exactly! And that''s probably why Ruddy was injured in the first place. Can you imagine the strain on those muscles trying to get his massive frame six or seven feet into the air? Light balls have a lot to answer for...

Surely it''s having light balls that allows him to jump 6 or 7 feet in the air??

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]

Exactly! And that''s probably why Ruddy was injured in the first place. Can you imagine the strain on those muscles trying to get his massive frame six or seven feet into the air? Light balls have a lot to answer for...

Surely it''s having light balls that allows him to jump 6 or 7 feet in the air??

[/quote]

Yes they do, Charlie. In fact goalkeepers have to pass a light ball test before signing up, as part of their medical. It''s usually the Chief Scout who on the lookout for GKs who are good with light balls but sometimes the manager can spot a good''un.

Funnily enough, the opposite is true for strikers.

I blame Mcnally because if were not 3 years ahead of the 7 year plan outlined when he came here there would not be any need to be having this discussion.