Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

season tickets

how many people has renew there. Season ticket? What the chance of me getting one if I put my name down on waiting list last year. I heard there about 1500 on waiting list is it true?

I''m pretty sure by the ammount of moaners on here they will be surrendering their season tickets en masse!

What!? They AREN''T giving up their Season tickets?? But...but, why? I thought they weren''t entertained enough??

It''s almost as if they are talking absolute s4it their whole lives... how puzzling.

I''m starting to think that theres a possibility that maybe most of them have never been to a game in their lives.

hmmm..... I''ll muse on that I think...

I think that the price will start to take effect on the number of season tickets being sold this year (my renewal cost £579).

I can afford it but I know people who have kids whose ticket starts to go up a lot. depending on where you sit the price of a season ticket can go up by as much as £100 for a child when they pass the under 12 barrier or as much as £140 when they hit 18.

Chances are that you will get your wish of a season ticket. I can see that with the increased prices and the negative tactics the current Manager employs you should have a good choice of seats.

Can only talk about people I know, which is a small sample of course. I know 7 season ticket holders and out of those 3 tell me they''re giving there''s up. Reasons given are 2 of them they can''t make that many matches due to premier league kick offs, and one can''t afford it any more. That''s a pretty high percentage but what people say and what they actually so is another matter.

[quote user="Theoriginalsupersub"]Can only talk about people I know, which is a small sample of course. I know 7 season ticket holders and out of those 3 tell me they''re giving there''s up. Reasons given are 2 of them they can''t make that many matches due to premier league kick offs, and one can''t afford it any more. That''s a pretty high percentage but what people say and what they actually so is another matter.[/quote]

That''s really interesting and I suspect it could be quite representative. I reckon a few more seasons of trying to get enough points to survive will see unsold season tickets and only capacity crowds for games against the so called big clubs. Just surviving in the premier league is far more boring than getting there.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Theoriginalsupersub"]Can only talk about people I know, which is a small sample of course. I know 7 season ticket holders and out of those 3 tell me they''re giving there''s up. Reasons given are 2 of them they can''t make that many matches due to premier league kick offs, and one can''t afford it any more. That''s a pretty high percentage but what people say and what they actually so is another matter.[/quote]

That''s really interesting and I suspect it could be quite representative. I reckon a few more seasons of trying to get enough points to survive will see unsold season tickets and only capacity crowds for games against the so called big clubs. Just surviving in the premier league is far more boring than getting there.

[/quote]That is so true.

I know seven people where I work with ST''s, plus myself and my daughter, and all nine of us are renewing. My bet is that we will sell very similar numbers to last time

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Doing mine todayand most will IMO. Prices are frozen for next seasonif we are still in the premiership for those who re new at the first deadline[/quote]

Being on the D/D payment mine has been re-newed automatic and like a few others will have been, but I know several in lower E Barclay didn''t re;new for this season and have seen many strange faces there are about 6 casuals in my row.

Theres 2 not renewing from the 10 who sit around me, one due to ill health and one due to age/the long journey they has to make.

With the increased cost and us being in difficult times I''m sure a few hundred from the waiting list will be lucky this year.

Hmmmm, just actually read my renewal paperwork after working away for a while, and I had till January 31st to opt out of the academy donation.Not saying I would have, but a bit cheeky automatically opting you in to it.

I''m still deliberating whether to renew and that''s purely from a cost point of view. I know if I renew now the price will be frozen for the season after as well (which could be a godsend) but I''m not sure how much longer I can justify spending the equivalent of 2 weeks worth of food shopping on going to the football.

Time to start thinking of more corners to cut me thinks [:D]

[quote user="Howson is now"]

I''m still deliberating whether to renew and that''s purely from a cost point of view. I know if I renew now the price will be frozen for the season after as well (which could be a godsend) but I''m not sure how much longer I can justify spending the equivalent of 2 weeks worth of food shopping on going to the football.

[/quote]Have you considered dropping a meal a day, say lunch?[:D]

[quote user="morty"]Hmmmm, just actually read my renewal paperwork after working away for a while, and I had till January 31st to opt out of the academy donation.

Not saying I would have, but a bit cheeky automatically opting you in to it.
[/quote]

Thats interesting did not know that. Plan to renew ours next week and will be insisting on opting out. Will have to think seriously about all 8 of our tickets if we are made to pay it. Would love to see where that was highlighted in all the initial announcements.

By the way for those who then scream unloyal ect I would happily donate the £19.00 to a Hughton help to sign Hooper fund.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Howson is now"]

[/quote]

Have you considered dropping a meal a day, say lunch?

[:D]
[/quote]

That would help me get round corners too if I ate a bit less [:D]

I took the forms in today to the store on the castle mall and had just crossed out the acadamy stuff and put £499.50 and they didnt even ask me about the acadamy. The only thing that confused them was i had made the cheque out for 1 pence too much and it took them a few minutes to decide if they could accept the cheque for nearly £1500! [ one ticket had canaray account discount]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I renewed today with 3 and opted out of the £19 for the acadamy mainly because it has been an unmitigated disaster for about 10 years +[/quote]I think they must just be targeting the lazy that just leave it to auto renew[Y]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I renewed today with 3 and opted out of the £19 for the acadamy mainly because it has been an unmitigated disaster for about 10 years +[/quote]

Not wanting to get into the rights and wrongs of the 19 quid but that''s a ridiculous statement to make. On what basis do you form that opinion?

Well when i first started going 20 years ago, we were in or around the top flight and there were loads of youngsters coming through ie Sutton, Fox, Bellemy, Eadie just to name a few what has gone wrong in the intervening years, i dont know but who were the last meaningful youngsters that made an impact onthe first team at best Chris Martin but that must have been 6 years ago. If we brought youngsters through like Southampton they could have the £19 but niot until they improve on whats coming out

Like Southampton! You name one club. When Sutton, Fox, Bellamy and Eadie came through the rules were very different from those the academy has had to contend with in the last 10 years. Added to the fact that the top divisions weren''t stacked full of foreign players making it even more difficult for local boys to play league football at any level. Anyway, over the last 10 years off the top of my head we''ve had playing for our first team Robert Green, Jason Shackell, Darren Kenton, Chris llewellyn, Darel Russell, Ryan Jarvis, Ian Henderson, Joe Lewis, Michael Spillane, Chris Martin, Luke Daley, Tom Adeyemi, Korey Smith, George Francomb, Declan Rudd, Jed Steer. (apologies to the lads I forgot). Now that''s not an unmitigated disater in anyone''s language.

I totally accept the acadamy rules changed which significantly disadvantaged clubs like Norwich, half our catchment area being the North sea. This begs the question do you put your cash into acadamies or better scouting? Ipswich also have produced a better run of players off the assembly line. Of the names above some are over 10 years ago , few made any significant contribution to the club and with the exception of Green and shackell[ both who made their debut many years ago]  many of the rest are playing lower or non league football. By and large i think acadamies work better at the smaller clubs who then play the youngsters in the lower leagues. Of the names above  non other than Green or Shackell brought any significant transfer revenue to the club. Its all about opinions but running our acadamy must cost several million a year. Newcastle produce little via their acadamy but they are not too bothered as they have an excellent french scouting system as have Arsenal. Many clubs have good fingers on the pulse in Belgium and Germany, i just think we would be better served by this or have we got the wrong people at the Acadamy spotting young talent? We were once very good at it and it has all hit a brick wall a decade or so ago

But the rules have changed again now Yorkshire. We are now a cat one academy and hopefully can get back to where we were 20 years ago. The FA rules included schoolboys travelling time and I fail to see where your comparison to Ipswich is relevant. I also, for the reasons I stated earlier, don''t see where your comparison with over 20 years ago is relevant. As for quibling with the dates I''ll simplify it further by stating that those on our books right now - Adeyemi, Smith, Francomb, Rudd and Steer still do not constitute an unmitigated disaster rather something to be proud of. We also have had European lads in our academy over the last few seasons. Our academy is the envy of many but it seems just another thing to be moaned about on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Like Southampton! You name one club. When Sutton, Fox, Bellamy and Eadie came through the rules were very different from those the academy has had to contend with in the last 10 years. Added to the fact that the top divisions weren''t stacked full of foreign players making it even more difficult for local boys to play league football at any level. Anyway, over the last 10 years off the top of my head we''ve had playing for our first team Robert Green, Jason Shackell, Darren Kenton, Chris llewellyn, Darel Russell, Ryan Jarvis, Ian Henderson, Joe Lewis, Michael Spillane, Chris Martin, Luke Daley, Tom Adeyemi, Korey Smith, George Francomb, Declan Rudd, Jed Steer. (apologies to the lads I forgot). Now that''s not an unmitigated disater in anyone''s language.

[/quote]

Man City are investing £550 million we are investing £2 and a bit million and suddenly to be raised by the fans. The likes of Southampton, Watford, Cambridge, Crewe and West Ham to name but a few know how to develop kids when they are 7 upwards. I have no problem with our academy team but when it comes to developing talent from a young age we are light years behind still judging kids on wether or not they won last week and not what can be produced.

Like I said I am quite happy to invest in giving help to Hughton but not to something ( ie the younger kids ) that clearly has not worked. 

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Man City are investing £550 million we are investing £2 and a bit million and suddenly to be raised by the fans. The likes of Southampton, Watford, Cambridge, Crewe and West Ham to name but a few know how to develop kids when they are 7 upwards. I have no problem with our academy team but when it comes to developing talent from a young age we are light years behind still judging kids on wether or not they won last week and not what can be produced.

Like I said I am quite happy to invest in giving help to Hughton but not to something ( ie the younger kids ) that clearly has not worked. 

[/quote]

Again, I''m not commenting on the 19 quid. It''s not for me to have a view on what others do with their money. I''m commenting on the opinion that for the last ten years our academy has been an unmitigated disaster.

This message board seems to be full of people who want to slag down everyone and everything to do with our club. I''m proud of our academy and especially the few local boys who have come through over all the years. Not many Norfolk boys have played at a better standard than Tom Adeyemi has the potential to attain.

If you don''t think we are investing properly in our academy the have a look at this website especially the new EPPP. It''s an exciting concept and some thing I''m really pleased that our academy has embraced and I''m proud that we applied for and attained category one rating.

http://www.footballacademytalk.com/

That much vaunted tahn academy, much to their fan''s consternation didn''t bother to apply for category one. Of course they wouldn''t have attained it anyway.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cambridgeyellow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again, I''m not commenting on the 19 quid. It''s not for me to have a view on what others do with their money. I''m commenting on the opinion that for the last ten years our academy has been an unmitigated disaster.

This message board seems to be full of people who want to slag down everyone and everything to do with our club. I''m proud of our academy and especially the few local boys who have come through over all the years. Not many Norfolk boys have played at a better standard than Tom Adeyemi has the potential to attain.

If you don''t think we are investing properly in our academy the have a look at this website especially the new EPPP. It''s an exciting concept and some thing I''m really pleased that our academy has embraced and I''m proud that we applied for and attained category one rating.

http://www.footballacademytalk.com/

That much vaunted tahn academy, much to their fan''s consternation didn''t bother to apply for category one. Of course they wouldn''t have attained it anyway.

[/quote]

Unfortunately it is not just our academy it is the English academy system, hence why Man City have employed a large per centage of the Barcelona academy coaches. Can you really tell me that over 10 years not one Norfolk born child could not be developed into a premiership footballer ? I am not a moaner I stick up for this club at every hurdle. Again I would happily invest into a group of kids each year contracted to this club to be sent to Barcelona / Bayern ect to be developed into premiership footballers.

If you look at our scholars each year most have been developed by Cambridge / West Ham / Tottenham to name but a few and not us. kids at under 7 - scholars at our club can be kicked out every 6 weeks.