Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Which game ????

Which  Norwich game that you missed would you have liked to have been at ??? Mine would be  Bayern Munich away, went to the home leg but would have loved to been the away game....

Bayern Munich away for me. I had always promised myself to go to our first away game in Europe, so Arnhem it was for me (I came within minutes of missing that, as it happens. Kathy would know all about that - she would work out who I am by this story!) Nothing sinister btw, Kathy has put into print ''our'' story of that trip.

Couldn''t afford the next game.

When Huckerby was on loan with us, before we signed him, his last game on loan.I think it was against Wolves (could be wrong).I was massively hungover and elected to watch it on the radio, and missed a masterclass.

[quote user="e10_yellow"]Would have been too young for Europe anyway, so the play-off semi 3-1 win at home v Wolves, listened on the radio at home.[/quote]

Ahhh, Malky in his pomp - happy days.

For me the biggest miss was Bayern, I was a student then and couldn''t afford it.

[quote user="morty"]When Huckerby was on loan with us, before we signed him, his last game on loan.

I think it was against Wolves (could be wrong).

I was massively hungover and elected to watch it on the radio, and missed a masterclass.
[/quote]

That was Cardiff (H) - 4-0 win, Hucks scored 2 from memory?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="morty"]When Huckerby was on loan with us, before we signed him, his last game on loan.I think it was against Wolves (could be wrong).I was massively hungover and elected to watch it on the radio, and missed a masterclass.[/quote]

That was Cardiff (H) - 4-0 win, Hucks scored 2 from memory?

[/quote]Yeah you could well be right, seems a long time ago now lol.I was laying there, listening to the radio, hearing about how utterly amazing he was.Gutted.

Mine is definitely City 1st''s quiz game. Would have loved to have been at Old Trafford for the cup win in 1967. Not our best ever team by such a long chalk. But the first players I watched wearing the shirt and a ten year as old I thought they were awesome.

Bayern game for me too - watched it in a packed lower bar at the Ferryboat on King Street.  Went to Arnhem and Milan but couldn''t afford all three!

Might confuse some, but the play off final.

Even though we lost, watching it on TV because my Grandad booked a holiday at that time just wasn''t the same as being there. Would have been great to be part of the Canary support that travelled to Cardiff to see that, albeit with a very disappointing journey back home.