Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

4 wins

Having not won a home game (or any game) since December 15th I struggle to see us winning 4 of our last 6 at home.

[quote user="GJP"]

Having not won a home game (or any game) since December 15th I struggle to see us winning 4 of our last 6 at home.

[/quote]

League games, that is.

I think we need to get away from this silly idea that there is some magical finishing post of safety.  Every season the 18th place finish is different so it''s absurd to chunter on about at this stage.

But more importantly we should be continuing to get as many points as possible and finish as high up the table as possible - not trying to wheeze over this finishing line whilst endlessly grovelling and touching our forelock.

Every game is winnable as, Man Utd and Arsenal proved - that''s why we are in this league.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]All we need is four wins to more or less guarantee we stay up. I''m going for home wins against;

Southampton

Swansea

Reading

Villa[/quote]I agree, in theory all perfectly winnable games.We just need a wee bit of luck, regain some confidence and pick ourselves up again.Having two strikers to help with this can only be positive.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]On the flip side of that we''ve only lost at home to Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. We are tough to beat at home, only fear I have now is the negativity that''s growing by all the sheep in the stands, might effect the players

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="alartz"]Recycled turd. Lets come up with new interesting posts![/quote]
Go on then.  You first.

Oh and by the way, I wouldn''t be so casual with the use of the word ''obvious'' given your total inability to understand this thread correctly.
[/quote]

Careful Graham or you will be branded a bully. Some people are very touchy on here these last couple of days if you question posts or posters. [;)]

Anyway i do not think there is a definitive answer as to how many more wins we will need.There are many more twists and turns to come before May.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]All we need is four wins to more or less guarantee we stay up. I''m going for home wins against; Southampton Swansea Reading Villa[/quote]

For starters, Swansea and Villa are not certain wins.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]All we need is four wins to more or less guarantee we stay up. I''m going for home wins against; Southampton Swansea Reading Villa[/quote]

For starters, Swansea and Villa are not certain wins.

[/quote]To be fair, no games are certain wins.

At least five very winnable games remain:

AWAY
  Norwich City QPR Reading Southampton Aston Villa Wigan Swansea
HOME Norwich City X 1-1 20/04/2013 09/03/2013 04/05/2013 2-1 06/04/2013
QPR 0-0 X 1-1 1-3 1-1 06/04/2013 0-5
Reading 0-0 27/04/2013 X 06/04/2013 23/02/2013 09/03/2013 0-0
Southampton 1-1 02/03/2013 1-0 X 4-1 0-2 1-1
Aston Villa 1-1 16/03/2013 1-0 0-1 X 0-3 2-0
Wigan 30/03/2013 2-2 3-2 2-2 19/05/2013 X 13/04/2013
Swansea 3-4 4-1 2-2 20/04/2013 2-2 2-1 X