Sign in to follow this  
Tore Raaen

best pub in norwich to watch football

Hi there!

We will be on our way to Norwich for the Everton game and staying for three night.

Can anyone recommend what sports bar is a favourite in the city.

I see there is a few spanish games that weekend.

What place is the best, murderers, the fat cat?

Thanks,

Tore 

I like The Murderers, nice atmosphere, good ales and sport on the screens - it''s a nice little pub.

Fat Cat is great for world drinks and a hugely diverse choice in ale, tiny though, and quite a way out the city centre and they don''t really do food. Not sure they screen sports either, it''s always been too busy in there to see if they have any tv''s!

I quite like the Adam and Eve pub on Riverside, but for you guys I''d totally recommend Delaney''s, and Irish bar near Cinema City - good atmosphere and good for sports.

Failing that, there''s always Rileys

Coach & Horses is great, they show most games. Have to disagree with Delaneys being a good pub, maybe 10 years ago but not now and the Adam & Eve IS lovely. But it isnt at Riverside!

The Tap House is lovely, ditto the Murderers, enjoy

I''ve found the best pub for watching Norwich is The Beehive on Leopold Road.(get a number 25 bus from the city centre down Unthank Rd to Colman Hospital then 5 minute walk)Bar and Lounge have screens showing the game,...very reasonably priced BBQ,...great beer!!!!

[quote user="alartz"]This is what I hate about our fans.

Don''t encourage away fans to our home game pubs!!!

Here''s a nice pub for ya. The compleat angler!!![/quote]
I don''t know if you''re serious or not... 
Not only that but I think fans from both clubs makes for a great pub atmosphere. So long as it doesn''t get too rowdy! But then that''s half the fun as well.

The Ketts Tavern on Ketts Hill is on the outskirts of the City Centre and has 6 screens including a 92" big screen.

It shows ALL Norwich games home and away as well as other Premiership and cup matches. It also shows Spanish/Italian league games Sat eve, Sun lunch and Sun eve.

The pub brews its own beers as well as selling over 100 bottled beers from around the world including Nøgne Ø from Norway!

[quote user="KettsKev"]The Ketts Tavern on Ketts Hill is on the outskirts of the City Centre and has 6 screens including a 92" big screen.

It shows ALL Norwich games home and away as well as other Premiership and cup matches. It also shows Spanish/Italian league games Sat eve, Sun lunch and Sun eve.

The pub brews its own beers as well as selling over 100 bottled beers from around the world including Nøgne Ø from Norway![/quote]After having spent some time in Norway, I really wouldn''t be shouting about their beer if I were you lol.

Maybe i should be a bit clearer..

I am a norwich supporter and have been for over 20 years.

This will my third visit to norwich, but this time I''m staying for abit longer..

Yup, I''m norwegian..tettey or no tettey, i will always support my team, even though i''m not exactly a local lad..

Tore

[quote user="alartz"]This is what I hate about our fans.

Don''t encourage away fans to our home game pubs!!!

Here''s a nice pub for ya. The Compleat angler!!![/quote]

What a nice guy you sound,shame you can''t read!

. Have a great time in Norwich ,try the Kings Head on Magdalen street, The Fat cat and canary near to cara rd . neither have screen but great pubs. The woolpack inn has 3d football I understand

Please excuse some of the very rude people on this forum, they don''t get out much!

Ketts is a great pub. Coach and Horses also very good.

Also hearing very good things about the Tap House but not sure if it shows sports.

Norwich lacks a decent sports bar. Thought about starting one up a few years ago as i think its a niche that needs filling.

The Tap House is dreadful. Bring loads of beers up from London (no local brews at all when we went in), call it "craft beer" and double the price!!  We went in a couple of weeks after it opened and you couldn`t get a pint for less than £4.50 and most were over £5.00. And "craft beer" is nothing more than a marketing ploy- it`s just micro-brew beer with a fancy name. Go to a proper pub a few minutes away (Wig+Pen, Plough, Golden Star, even the Playhouse, Arts Centre, Cinema City bars or the Bicycle shop) and get a proper local pint for £3-£3.50.

The Dog House next to St Andrews Hall is decent and shows football. Also, the Wig and Pen shows footy and is a decent pub.

Agree with Jim Smith, Norwich really needs a Sports Bar. A Walkabout Australian Bar would fit perfectly in the dis-used Norweigen Blue bar at Riverside!

Tore, hope you enjoy your stay, just for the record there are a number of pubs that make for great football watching. My personal favourite is The Murderers. Out of interest, may I ask, how you came to be a City fan and whereabouts in Norway are you from?