Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Brad Johnson.....

Improved deal until June 2016. I expect the Pink Un front page will get round to the news sometime in the next day or two.[:P]

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Great news!

Where''s Gingerpele, I was expecting him to be posting on this![/quote]

Just the best news ever isn''t it?

:)

Been a decent player this season. He hasn''t had the stand-out performances of some player but he has been consistent and reliable playing in a defensive role, and consistency is vital when your playing as a holding midfielder.
One thing that still concerns me is his passing. I don''t expect him to pass like Xavi or anything, but it''s still very inconsistent. Granted, inconsistent passing is a step up from his consistently c**p passing last year, but I think he could still do with improving that aspect of his play. 
However Johnson has really developed well under Hughton, who obviously rates him highly as a midfielder. Hopefully this improvement will continue in his passing. 

I think its good to reward players and good on johnson getting a new deal.

Feel the same as phillip fry that he needs to improve his passing.

I think we need a better passer in midfield and tetty n johnson fighting for the 1 dm role.

Very please about this, just the type of player I like to see play for our great club......even when he is not on top form still gives it 100%, great energy, good engine. What I have to mention is,,,,,,,take a look at our squad only three season ago and compare it to what we have now............despite many peoples negativity on here, City have moved forward at an amazing pace particularly when considering the financial situation back then too. I also think the signings CH has made have added some real quality particularly considering the budget, just need a few more points now of course.

Hmmm.  We have been arguing on here for weeks for a ball playing defensive midfielder.  If we do get one, then one of Tettey and Bradders will be relegated to a squad man.  I would prefer Tettey to be in the team.  Just saying.  What does that say about this decision mid season to extend Bradders contract. 

We haven''t identified the ball playing defensive midfielder yet!  C''mon scouts, get going on this.

Good for Bradders though.

Very effective player for us. I think you really notice what he does well when he isn''t playing. He provides good balance in midfield through being left footed and breaks up the play well. His physical presence is also a big attribute. He contests a lot of headers from goal kicks which shields the back four from having to make a challenge. I think that''s a solid and sensible decision from all parties involved.

Good work, he is playing well. As another poster has said I don''t think he is pulling up trees and I do expect us to bring in a classy midfielder to start next season. Hence that may mean bladders on the bench.

But we do need quality and depth. So it is a great long term signing, who can still improve and deserves the new deal.

[quote user="Wiz"]Bloody exellent news, well done Bradders.[Y][/quote]

And well done Chris Hughton, an excellent piece of management.

Great news - has improved significantly over last season and deserves his new contract for the strengths he brings.   

We do still need anothe def mid signing to both provide cover and stretch both Tettey & BJ - and both may have to get used to being a squad player;   the current security some positions in the team in the long term is not a good thing - we need options and better than we currently have in all areas.

Good news - no-one is more committed when pulling on the yellow shirt.

He obviously keeps very fit. I wish that someone would tell him how to shoot and pass!

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Err?

He didn''t sign him.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Err?

He didn''t sign him.

[/quote]

true...

But he found his best position and played him in it.

[quote user="Wiz"]

He didn''t sign him.

[/quote]

But he has taken an early decision to re-sign him?

Not sure excellent management - but def a good decision.

Very decent player, deserves his new contract.

His passing is also nowhere near as bad as it seems to be made out to be on here. Yes, sometimes a few go astray but on the flip side of that he played an absolutely superb ball against Fulham (best pass of the game by anyone) and it brought only the smallest amount of appreciation from the crowd.

Excellent news. Never lets us down and as I believe the results show we struggle when he''s not in the team, possibly more than we struggle without Tettey.