Sign in to follow this  
NorwichAreBack

Unacceptable abuse from the Wimbledon crowd

I was sitting in the home crowd (east stand) and I was disgusted to hear some of the abuse comming from that section of the crowd.

A man behind me was encouraging his young son to call Iwan a w***** every time he came near the touchline and he got another group of young boys to chant ''break his legs, break his legs'' about Hucks.

Also in the second half Green took an ubelievable amount of stick, there wer chants of ''Rob Green loves Barrymore, Rob Green loves Barrymore''. As wel as that he had to put up with constant shouting about himself and his mother- disgusting.

There were stewards sitting down at the front doing nothing about this and Wimbledon even have the cheek to have a sign saying anyone who shouts abusive language will be ejected from the ground. In my opinion this is totally unacceptable.

Anyone else sit in the east stand see and hear this?!

On a more positive note it was a great battling performance from the lads and Hucks again proved that he is GOD. I thought we were fantastic first half and should have had it sown up bt HT, but in the second half we dug in and got the points we deserved.

Also other results went our way and the sc*m dropped out of the top 6!! So overall a good day out! :D

TOTL@PR

Yer i agree! It only started once we went 1-0 up. I think there was a police spotter sitting next to me observing them now i think about it, he showed no emotion and was just watching the crowd- ddnt need to shield his eyes from the sun! I just think its disgusting and needs to be sorted out. Makes you appreciate the Carrow Road atmosphere.

I sat in the East Stand and was surprised (given the opposition);the abuse was bad, the attempts at humour pathetic and the stewarding absymal. Did you see the morons with the I****t flag at the start of the 2nd half; they were virtually on the pitch giving Greeno stick in full view of a "steward". I also witnessed a couple of City fans standing at the front left side of the stand, virtually surrounded by the same muppets with flag (backed up by by numerous others) being abused in full view of stewards. When we scored there were a (small) number of "Dons MK" pointing out city fans, trying to get other "fans" to join them to "have a go at them". Whilst this is not remarkable at a football match (even in 2004) they were allowed to walk around the stand and the front perimeter quite blatantly! Where we sat, it was pretty hostile but most of them did not even know their own players, one had a Man U mobile ha ha and they were so thick (luckily) they did not suss us.Funnily enough I didn`t see any of these morons after the game....(didn`t fancy more than 2/3 City fans at a time!!!)

Didnt hear / see anything untoward but I was sat in the West stand. After 10 minutes or so a dad and daughter were fished out of the main home stand and relocated by one of the stewards in our block. BTW there was a geat atmosphere in the Wetherspoons pre match, dont know if anyone else was there?

That''s a bit harsh william11. norwich is a very well supported club and not everyone can get a ticket for the away end. I''m sure all the fans who sat in the home end are just as loyal as all the fans who got an away ticket

Just forget it, we don''t want to start sounding like Everton fans. We dish out our fair share to opposition players so we have to take back. When you have the two best players in the division, Hucks and Greeno, you will be on the receiving end, look at wat Van Nis and Henry get. Can''t imagine Hucks getting upset about it and, after watching Greeno handle the Derby fans I know he wont. The more abuse we get the better. It means opponents, or at least their supporters, are scared of us.

Williams11 you cannot say that we are not as loyal fans as anyone else, i travel upto the games with my Dad and brother at a cost of roughly £100 a trip, and by the end of the season we will have seen 14 of the 23 home games, 14 out of roughly 19 if you take midweek games out. The only reason we went to the Dons game was out of an inspired last minuit decision, and because of our passion for our fantastic club. Think before you speak.

And about those Ipswich fans with the flag, yer i saw them they were right in front of me, and infront of a steward, how they allowed that il never know. Mayb its because they cant afford to lose anymore fans than they have, so they are grateful for whoever turns up. I dont agree with them getting a young lad thrown out either!! He looked about 6 and just couldnt hide his joy at Hucks goal, can you blame him?!

The matter obviously wont be taken any furthur, but like i said before, it makes you appreciate the fantastic welcoming atmosphere at Carrow Road.

I don''t think Wimbledon in MK have any true fans, all of those switched support to AFC Wimbledon. Wimbledon, MK Dons, Franchise FC or whatever you want to call them only have the support of a mixed bag of other teams supporters who cannot get to their own teams games, hence the Ipswich group. I know Spurs and West Ham supporters who go just to watch a game of football.
As to the abuse, if it inspires the team to win most if not all of the last 16 games, then so be it.

Totally agree with your comments dumble delia. I also had to sit in home end and that was due to lack of tickets thought we might get more. Dont usually call fellow norwich fans but this WII cant be bothered to write his full title must be some sort of an idiot with comments like that. If you have passion for your club you will sit anywhere bet he dont sing either.