Sign in to follow this  
Bert sneakers

I bet hooper is regretting not joining us tonight

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]

The only possible reasons that Hooper would have for wanting to move to Norwich are:

1) Closer to his hometown and probably family (Born and raised in Essex)

2) More likely to get capped by England in the Premier League. Even the second point is highly dubious because he has already had an England call up but couldn''t accept it due to injury, whilst our own prolific striker last season was overlooked. I can so no reason whatsoever why Hooper would be in any rush to come down south, particularly if Norwich is the only offer on the table, and I suspect he will hold out for Everton, Liverpool, or Spurs.... all clubs who compete yearly for European spots.

What is it exactly that Norwich fans think that is so attractive to a striker about a relegation battle in a defensive team which plays 4-5-1 and is lucky to create two clear cut chances a game?[/quote]

1) What is so special about playing in a weak Scottish Premier League? After playing in that league for a few seasons, if you have any ambition surely you would want to play in a stronger league.

2) What guarantees are there that Everton, Liverpool or Spurs rate him and that they would conclude a deal to sign him?

Your points about our style of play are valid but we may be playing that way because we dont have good enough players to play in a more attacking style.

At this stage of his development i would be surprised if Spurs actully wanted him although i accept they may be Hoopers prefered destination. So much depends on if we stay up, which clubs go down and which come up as to what happens with Hooper. I would say in first instance he will need to prove his worth in the EPL  and the most probable options will be a bottom half side. I cannot see him being worth more that the £7m or there about, but we are overly optimistic to think we could get him for £5m

[quote user="Yellows"]Wheres IrishCelt?[/quote]I''m here, mate. Somewhat busy watching the game on the night. Disappointed in the scoreline, don''t think we deserved anywhere near a 3-goal beating and made a good few chances against a quality side. Most likely going out not but like most football fans, I''ll daydream until it''s over. Juventus 1 Celtic 4 for me. ;-)Hooper didn''t have a good game on the night mainly down to Juve''s shocking tactics at corners which unsettled him. Wanyama, Izaguirre, Commons were all superb. Didn''t think there was much between us and Juventus but they did what really top European sides do - took their chances and were ruthless in the final 10 minutes.

Lennon can big him up all he likes but......... 3m tops for me and that''s an expensive punt on a player who plays against teams like Lowestoft every week.

If he comes good, it''s 3m well spent but he hasn''t proven anything yet to suggest he''s Prem level

Celtic may draw in a big crowd and appear a big club but lets face it, there is c0ck all to do in Glasgow, other than sheep it down to a turnstile on a drab saturday afternoon, not even decent opposition to get excited about or ponder over!

Perhaps we should let Leeds buy him first and if he makes it in the championship, jump in and snatch him for 4m, chances are he would struggle at Leeds though IMHO

To be honest though, the SPL is weak.Case in point. Which Ex-Norwich player played the vast majority of games for a team that until today were second in the league?Answer - Owain Tudur Jones.Who couldn''t get into Lambert''s league one team!!

[quote user="Billabong"]Lennon can big him up all he likes but......... 3m tops for me and that''s an expensive punt on a player who plays against teams like Lowestoft every week.

If he comes good, it''s 3m well spent but he hasn''t proven anything yet to suggest he''s Prem level

Celtic may draw in a big crowd and appear a big club but lets face it, there is c0ck all to do in Glasgow, other than sheep it down to a turnstile on a drab saturday afternoon, not even decent opposition to get excited about or ponder over!

Perhaps we should let Leeds buy him first and if he makes it in the championship, jump in and snatch him for 4m, chances are he would struggle at Leeds though IMHO[/quote]Would struggle at Leeds ... even though he scored plenty for Scunthorpe in the Championship .. and scores goals in the Champions League?You should probably do some basic research.A touch of schadenfreude about Hooper since you failed to sign him, it seems. You''re all coming across like spurned lovers. ;-)

Some wanted him here, some not. He didn''t sign, we will carry on with our season. Hooper will not be the reason if we go down (which I don''t believe will happen btw) Hooper will pick up his league winners medal ( might as well give it to him now!) and will have nothing else to really motivate him in the next 3 months. It was Celtics decision in the end though and he may feel a little bit peeved, we shall see.

He won''t be worth £8m in the summer given he''ll be in the last year of his contract and won''t sign another one.

I don''t see Spurs being interested in him so expect us to go back with a £6m take it or leave it offer.

I believe it''s more likely that we''ll go for RVWW in the summer when there''ll be more time to negotiate with the thousand and one parties that seem to have an interest in him.

I see Lennon is already starting his jungle drums by saying he is confident that Hooper will remain with them next season.

After asking UEFA about the rules of football comment on top of moaning about press speculation on Hoopers move that only Celtics started he is sounding more and more like a a ridiculous spoilt child.

while admitting that Hooper could be a good acquisition, if it was a choice between him and RVW then it is no contest, though he would cost £3-4M more, RVW is in a different league quality wise and should be our main striker target, unless another player appears on the Carrow radar.

anything over 6-7m in jan and I would of been very concerned. now the next opportunity will be the summer with 1 year on his contract and failing to impress in one out of two games for this half of the season to judge him on (judging him on his spl form is a ridiculous idea, juve will be our only chance of getting a good grip on what he would be like in the prem.)

if I personally had to choose between norwich spending anything over 4.5m on hooper in the summer, and 10m+ on RVW, I''d certainly choose RVW 10x over.