Sign in to follow this  
Bert sneakers

I bet hooper is regretting not joining us tonight

I bet he is sitting in dressing room now regretting not coming last month and wondering how he motivates himself for the stupid little games.

You made your bed mate now you can lay in it

For those of us watching the game perhaps we can use it as a guide as to whether any one of us would have spent 8 million pounds + of our own money to acquire Hooper. Not a judgement, just an open question.

I bet he is too. Barely touched the ball and constantly in the wrong place. A VERY expensive bullet dodged.

And for any one saying it''s only been I one half of one game... how many of these "big games" do they get a season? Barca x2 and juv x2...

Meanwhile norwich get (arsenal, united, man city, chelsea, spurs, newcastle, liverpool) x2. (Teams in europe this season)

Without meaning to pass judgement based on 45 minutes'' play, Hooper has contributed nothing so far. Reminds me a little of Robert Earnshaw, but taller and stronger.

I bet the last thing on Hooper''s mind at this very moment is not joining us. As for bullets dodged, I guess we are still favourites to go back for him in the Summer, when he is likley to be cheaper.

Despite playing in a fairly poor league Celtic have got a few decent players by any standard.

[quote user="alartz"]Kris commons and that Forrest bloke. Well worth a punt

Izagurre the left back too[/quote]Agreed, Commons is having a cracking game.

its early days, and can''t day much after only 8-10 min, but I am thinking the signing of kamara might be just what we need.  I hope so anyways.  hooper, meh.

Well, on that showing thought Celtic gave it a damn good go, especially given the disparity in quality. On this showing, awfully glad we didn''t get Hooper and I bet Kei would have had more of an impact on the game [;)]

lot of criticism for the referee in not giving Celtic numerous for mandhandling at corners. I''d far rather a game refereed in this way than penalties being awarded for incidents like that against Ryan Bennett at West Ham.

After that display by Hooper his value at the end of the season, if he does not sign a new contract, cannot be more than £3 million

I still rate hooper and if we was lucky enough to sign him in the summer i think he would be massive for us.

He can''t be judged on just this game.

Celtic played really well but second goal killed them off not just for tonight but in the tie.

Oh well I''m sure they have to regroup ready for there enormous weekend game against balamory utd or some other highland Sunday league team.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Wanyama and Izaguirre the two stand out players for Celtic.

Wanyama looks top class, Hooper doesn''t look anything like an 8m pound man![/quote]^^^This^^^ [Y]

Wanyama was good, but did no more than Tettey does week in week out for Norwich. If anything he passed the ball sideways more often.

Hooper was anonymous. If the Swiss full back hadn''t have wanted to wrestle him doubt we''d have known ge was on the pitch.

Kamal when he came on was also anonymous.

Emilio / Izzagura did look class. Commons faded quickly and snatched at all his shots - always been the same. Quite an engine but can''t do it for 90. Always snatches at his shots - every now and then he catches them alright, but usually they end up in roz z.

Conclusion no-one in that team would improve our squad. Go elsewhere Hughton.

Can''t judge a player on one game, but if we were to judge a player on one game..... Wanyama was top drawer.

I think Wanyama would be a fantastic signing for us based on the three or four times I''ve seen him.

That was the least involved I''ve seen Hooper this season and I''ve watched most Celtic Champions League games. He is a quality striker in the Robbie Keane mode. Was clear that Juventus did everything that they could to mark him out of the game, they knew how dangerous he was.

Ah, realism returns. Where''s the pay what it takes to get him brigade now.

However we can not judge on one game. He may still be a good buy for us, but at the right price.

Also dampened expectations of supporters may be no bad thing. He was being hyped up to be a miracle worker, an expectation that would have been hard if not impossible to live up to.

In the circumstances Becchio was better business imho.

Although Hooper didn''t get into the game, nobody can judge him on one game. Wanyama is obviously good, thats why Man U are interested in buying him in the summer apparently. I doubt he''s regretting it, because I reckon he thinks he can go to a better club than Norwich