Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Tom Adeyemi

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]At the end of this season Adeyemi would have played three whole seasons in League One and Two.

What he needs next season, and probably the year after, is two years in the Championship. If he can impress in that league and continue to develop then he will be 23/24 and he can come straight into our team and get a crack at the whip.

We seem to sign players of that age from the Championship for several million (Howson & Snodgrass for example).

There is every chance that with a couple of full Championship seasons we will actually have produced a top quality of our own for the first time since Robert Green.

I suspect at very least that he will have a very good career as an influential Championship player like Jason Shackell (who seems to captain every team he joins and who I rate as superior as Leon Barnett and Elliott Ward to be honest).

So Adeyemi will be a great success story in my opinion whether he becomes a Premier League player or not. Jason Shackell is the only top Championship quality player that I can think of to come out of our team for years and years, so the emergence of Korey Smith and Tom Adeyemi.... both of whom I believe are/will be at least good Championship players, represents a clear improvement in the quality of player that we are churning out.

It stands us in good stead as the Murphy twins and Jared Loza are said to be the best prospects in our youth team for many years..... there is real hope that one or more of those three could end up being a real top player (a Craig Bellamy or a Darren Eadie).

I''d love to see the day that we can begin churning out Eadie''s, Bellamy''s and Sutton''s again.[/quote]Lol. It''s Jamar Loza I believe.

Adeyemi has a very long way to go yet before he could do much for our squad, in my opinion anyway. He is by no means a bad player, but a hot prospect is putting a bit much pressure on the guy. Unfortunately, I think we will be able to afford more quality to our squad before he could develop into a player we could utilise.

The lad is still young so has time on his side. I do have my doubts to a certain extent. They say if they are good enough then they are old enough, well he is not in that catagory unlike quite a number of teenagers currently playing for their clubs in the premiership. I suspect he may be another of our home grown prospects who doesnt really make it other than going to a league 1 or 2 club. Hope i am proved wrong.  Unless he gets a taste of the premiership then he will make no impact here unless of course we get relegated in which case the championship could provide him with an opportunity

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The lad is still young so has time on his side. I do have my doubts to a certain extent. They say if they are good enough then they are old enough, well he is not in that catagory unlike quite a number of teenagers currently playing for their clubs in the premiership. I suspect he may be another of our home grown prospects who doesnt really make it other than going to a league 1 or 2 club. Hope i am proved wrong.  Unless he gets a taste of the premiership then he will make no impact here unless of course we get relegated in which case the championship could provide him with an opportunity[/quote]
League 1 or 2 is understating him entirely. I think he is more than capable of championship quality football!

[quote user="Stig"]Unfortunately, I think we will be able to afford more quality.[/quote]

I think that is my view.   Tom is developing well and I dont think its unreasonable to think that in 18 months he could be of a similar standard to BJ.   Next year in the champs will hopefully see him continue to imporve and shine.

However in that time I hope us to be signing the type of players that will be come the next makaleles for that position - Biglia,  M Sissoko for newcastle etc,  Dembeles to be.   Tom can get there too - but I think we will be buying cost effective better potential over the next couple of summers.

dont think he will establish himself as a premiership player, and not in our squad but a decent player and the experience will serve him well...he''ll have a decent championship career im sure.

Is anyone watching him play today? He''s in the starting line up at Chelski.

Feel free to upload your comments as I''m unable to watch this one.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Is anyone watching him play today? He''s in the starting line up at Chelski.

Feel free to upload your comments as I''m unable to watch this one.[/quote]Yeah I''m watching, he''s doing alright.

I watched the match and Tom didn''t look too out of place with the likes of Lampard, Mata and Oscar on the pitch. He actually played in an attacking midfield role which surprised me, linked up well and got back to defend well enough. Nothing flash today and didn''t have a real charge. Does not look to have developed physically now so time for his football to do the talking. On this basis, with a good pre -season I think he is good enough for a squad place next year, IF only as back up to Johnson / Tettey and / or new ball playing defensive midfielder.