Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Penalty Kicks

too honest.... if you get a nudge in the box lift your legs up and drop.....find me a team (other than us) that doesn''t make the most of it!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]too honest.... if you get a nudge in the box lift your legs up and drop.....find me a team (other than us) that doesn''t make the most of it![/quote]

Might have to teach Grant Holt a few things about winning fouls!!

Well, on the plus side we haven''t given as many away this year!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]

Norwich City bottom of penalty kick league table

Norwich City are still waiting for their first Premier League penalty of the season – as one of just three clubs yet to benefit from the referee’s fickle finger of fate.

To earn a penalty kick it is a fundamental necessity to spend some time in your opponents penalty area!

Think that says it all!

[/quote]

What does that say about Tottenham and Swanselona?

Gareth Bale and Michu crack them in from a distance. No need to get anywhere near penalty area - when did we last score like that? (or anyhow else in fact!)

So Spurs and Swans don''t get near the penalty box[:O] What happens if Bale or Michu hit the woodwork or the shots are parried. Think Arsenal, think Tettey, think Grant Holt....

Haha Michu is very much a poacher not a long range finisher. Not sure what point you are trying to make OP, there have been a handful of incidents this season where we should''ve won a penalty but the ref just hasn''t given it.

We''ll get given about 5 penalties in the last 5 games then right?

That''s the theory. We all believe, of course, that things level themselves out over the season, don''t we? We bloody well here it often enough!

LOL Webbo. It''s just a theory. One season is a short period of time to expect miracles. Perhaps they even themselves out over a millennium....

[;)]

"if you get a nudge in the box lift your legs up and drop.....

find me a team (other than us) that doesn''t make the most of it!"

we regularly do it outside of the box - usually about 10 yards from the corner of the penalty box

I think I''m right in saying a large chunk (probably over 50%) of our goals have come from set pieces in and around that area this season too

We have to get bodies inot the box first! Then fall over, look Aguero for the weakest penalty award ever! He was too lazy to dive. Just goes to show, it''s all about how loud you shout.