Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Positivity!

Positivity means being positive. It means looking on the up side not the down side. We need to do this more as supporters. If we win we will get three points, and if we draw we will get one point. Losing gets us no points but I don''t want to talk about losing games because it isn''t positive. So if each game has three outcomes - win, draw, or the other one - we have a two in three chance of getting at least one point.

Sometimes we don''t score goals. We do not go out and try to not score goals, sometimes it just doesn''t happen and that is when we need to be positive.

Sometimes we let in goals. We do not go out and try to let in goals, sometimes it just happens, and that is when we need to be positive.

Players are human beings too, they make mistakes and get things wrong and that is also when we need to be positive.

This is why we should be positive - we can still pick up points and climb up the table. We have a positive manager, and a positive squad of players at the club. It is better to be in the Premier League than to not be in it. Truly these are halcyon days that we will look back upon in years and decades to come and say "thank you Paul Lambert, thank you Chris Hughton, thank you Delia Smith, Michael Wynn-Jones, thank you that bloke with the chicken factory" - we should never forget we are batting above our average, punching above our weight and rubbing shoulders with the best that English football has to offer. We have left the dark days of League One, crossed the Championship divide, and arrived in the land of Milk and Honey that is the Barclays Premier League and I for one say let''s get behind the team and not belittle or criticise them for they do their best and try their hardest and everything is marvellous if you ask me.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Cruel. Cruel. Cruel. Cruel. Cruel. Cruel. Very cruel.[/quote]

Though if you were being positive...

[/quote]

If I was being positive, if I was ever remotely minded to be positive, I would say cruel, very cruel, parody is really a deeply-felt appeal for the object of the pastiche to return and regale us with the real thing.

[quote user="Peak District Canary"]Positivity means being positive. It means looking on the up side not the down side. We need to do this more as supporters. If we win we will get three points, and if we draw we will get one point. Losing gets us no points but I don''t want to talk about losing games because it isn''t positive. So if each game has three outcomes - win, draw, or the other one - we have a two in three chance of getting at least one point.

Sometimes we don''t score goals. We do not go out and try to not score goals, sometimes it just doesn''t happen and that is when we need to be positive.

Sometimes we let in goals. We do not go out and try to let in goals, sometimes it just happens, and that is when we need to be positive.

Players are human beings too, they make mistakes and get things wrong and that is also when we need to be positive.

This is why we should be positive - we can still pick up points and climb up the table. We have a positive manager, and a positive squad of players at the club. It is better to be in the Premier League than to not be in it. Truly these are halcyon days that we will look back upon in years and decades to come and say "thank you Paul Lambert, thank you Chris Hughton, thank you Delia Smith, Michael Wynn-Jones, thank you that bloke with the chicken factory" - we should never forget we are batting above our average, punching above our weight and rubbing shoulders with the best that English football has to offer. We have left the dark days of League One, crossed the Championship divide, and arrived in the land of Milk and Honey that is the Barclays Premier League and I for one say let''s get behind the team and not belittle or criticise them for they do their best and try their hardest and everything is marvellous if you ask me.[/quote]

Ha!  Epic failure.  3 out of 10 for effort.   If the board gets too negative, I''ll be backCheerio - again.  

[quote user="Peak District Canary"]Positivity means being positive. It means looking on the up side not the down side. We need to do this more as supporters. If we win we will get three points, and if we draw we will get one point. Losing gets us no points but I don''t want to talk about losing games because it isn''t positive. So if each game has three outcomes - win, draw, or the other one - we have a two in three chance of getting at least one point.

This is why we should be positive - we can still pick up points and climb up the table. We have a positive manager, and a positive squad of players at the club. It is better to be in the Premier League than to not be in it. Truly these are halcyon days that we will look back upon in years and decades to come and say "thank you Paul Lambert, thank you Chris Hughton, thank you Delia Smith, Michael Wynn-Jones, thank you that bloke with the chicken factory" - we should never forget we are batting above our average, punching above our weight and rubbing shoulders with the best that English football has to offer. We have left the dark days of League One, crossed the Championship divide, and arrived in the land of Milk and Honey that is the Barclays Premier League and I for one say let''s get behind the team and not belittle or criticise them for they do their best and try their hardest and everything is marvellous if you ask me.[/quote]

Ha!  Epic failure.  3 out of 10 for effort.   If the board gets too negative, I''ll be backCheerio - again.  

[quote user="morty"]1 out of 10 for flouncing off and leaving.[/quote]

I''m not flouncing off and leaving. In my opinion there are too many supporters who are silent on here and it is my duty to be their voice and to let everyone know that not everybody is whinging and whining about the state of this football club. I am an honest and real person. I have no axes to grind or grudges to bear and I am exactly the same as this in real life only occasionally I stop to allow the other person to say something.

If you have a problem with that then fine but it''s your problem and you need to deal with it.

[quote user="Peak District Canary"][quote user="morty"]1 out of 10 for flouncing off and leaving.[/quote]

I''m not flouncing off and leaving. In my opinion there are too many supporters who are silent on here and it is my duty to be their voice and to let everyone know that not everybody is whinging and whining about the state of this football club. I am an honest and real person. I have no axes to grind or grudges to bear and I am exactly the same as this in real life only occasionally I stop to allow the other person to say something.

If you have a problem with that then fine but it''s your problem and you need to deal with it.[/quote]

Thats DAMN right!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ha!  Epic failure.  3 out of 10 for effort.   If the board gets too negative, I''ll be backCheerio - again.[/quote][quote user="morty"]1 out of 10 for flouncing off and leaving.[/quote][quote user="Peak District Canary"]I''m not flouncing off and leaving.[/quote]LDC with two accounts....surely not? [:S]Seems he never left at all......

"If you have a problem with that then fine but it''s your problem"

problem ?

surely you mean ishoooo - everything is an ishoo now, man

so get with it Daddio and dig that new hip jive

[quote user="City1st"]

"If you have a problem with that then fine but it''s your problem"

problem ?

surely you mean ishoooo - everything is an ishoo now, man

so get with it Daddio and dig that new hip jive

[/quote]

Heres an issue, lets expand the stadium.

I don''t see anyone stopping you

ps do let us all know when you are finished

[quote user="City1st"]

I don''t see anyone stopping you

ps do let us all know when you are finished

[/quote]

I''m SORRY! Do you take ISSUE with the stadium expansion THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHETEHR YOU LIKE IT OR NOT????????