Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Lambert

Lambert coming back would not only pi$$ me off epically, but it would also show we learnt nothing from Mike Walker''s ill fated second spin on the merry go round.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]So you are 50/50 on Lambert who walked out on us, but I must be joking when suggesting Martin O''Neill who walked out because our chairman refused to sign one player while we were top of the league? How does that work?

O''Neill was given no money whatsoever and led us to top of the table, he only wanted one player - Dean Windass, half way through the season. Lambert signed three players in the January transfer window: Leon Barnett, Marc Tierney, and Aaron Wilbraham. He also got Lansbury and Pacheco on loan.

If Chase had backed O''Neill then perhaps it would have been Norwich reaching cup finals and Europe instead of Leicester.

If Lambert had not been backed by McNally he would have walked. As he almost did, in that January, to Burnley.

Selective memory?[/quote]

Lambert was consistent over 3 seasons....O''Neill wasn''t here long enough to prove he could do the same.

Not selective memory, just facts.

Why go backwards? The man basically left because we aren''t big enough for his ambitions. All he has shown is that his ambition is bigger than has talent.

Thanks for the memories,but no thanks.

[quote user="Persnickety"]Bumped into him in the city today. Whatever could it mean!!?! That''s it....just thought I''d see where this could go...[/quote]

Oh I can but dream![U]

something tells me Lambert wasn''t in Norwich.....having said that fair play to the bloke.. its a free country, he isnt a wanted criminal just a football manager.. I dont wish him ill but i do hope his ego takes a mammoth caning at Villa and he learns a valuable lesson in Loyalty....

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Lambert will always be a City legend. Without him we may have had no club at all today. But, no, too much baggage with the current board of directors to return.[/quote]

Perhaps we should change the board?

Why are people even discussing this. We have a good manager who is still in the process of building a strong team. The best reason that I can give for not taking Lambert back is this: There is no vacancy.

Well Ray Houghton has zero managerial experience, so that''s a given.

What about Hughton though? What do you think about Hughton?

Just to clarify:

What

Do

You

Think

About

H-U-G-H-T-O-N?

Ah A million apologies Hoooooooton it is. I shall write that out 1000 times in my own handwriting.

Btw still prefer Lambo/Culver to Hoots/Calder. Hope you don''t mind. Actually I couldn''t care two sh*ts if you do

And I couldn''t care two sh*ts that you couldn''t care two sh*ts if I do. One of those two management teams will have a relegation on their CV at the end of this season, and it won''t be Hughton and Calderwood.

If ''our man'' was Lambert right now we''d be a bit stuffed.

We probably wouldn''t have as good a defence as we do now. There is no way we would have got Bassong who came purely because of knowing Hughton. Garrido is not a Lambert type signing - Turner? Whitty?

On top of that Lambert probably wouldn''t have brought in a keeper to cover for Ruddy - so we would have been putting a lot of expectation on young shoulders.

Should I go on?

If I am utterly honest I think one of the reasons Lambert went was because he knew the squad he left us with could only over-achieve for so long. It needed overhauling but wasn''t convinced he''d be able to do it, better leave it to a fool heh?

As much as I loved the games we won, I hated the ones we lost for him being virtually tactically inept. Starting games with three at the back. Oh yes, inspired substitutions! The ones he made to make the team what it should have been on kick off. Sorry but as much as I love Lambert for doing the job he did for us it is not like he was perfect.

Hughton is only negative in comparison, but I do find it funny that some people would have had ol'' ''Arry here and yet what has he done? Exactly the same as Hughton - tightened things up. It''s the reason he favours Derry.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

I''d prefer Lambert over Houghton.

He''ll get Gary Holt firing, and that''s what we need right now.

[/quote]

Gets my vote every single time.[Y]

This subs issue is interesting. I assume the point is that we could have turned draws into wins by bringing on players like Jackson and Morison. I''m not so sure that would have been the case and think it quite likely we could have turned draws into defeats by weakening the team. Whenever Holt''s been on the bench he''s been introduced soon enough. Now for the first time we have real attacking options on the bench so we should wait and see what happens.

We''re playing in the Premier league, above the relegation zone with a much stronger squad - and some of you STILL aren''t happy.

Sure we should have won some games we lost - but the same happened last year - we really struggled towards the end.

Some of you will never be happy, support Hughton and let him build his own squad!

[quote user="alartz"]He''s down for the bargains in republic in chapelfield as they are going out of business soon. He''s looking for some lower end bargains[/quote]

Surely Brighthouse would be more appropriate - can''t get much more lower end than that....

Or even bring in Di Canio as Hughton''s assistant. Now that would be a political/temprament yin and yang set up that would be interesting