Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Old Trafford

I''m driving up to Old Trafford for our game a week on Saturday, and wondered where the best places are to park?

I''ll probably arrive at around 11-12 and try and get as close to the ground as I can. I''ve heard the Cricket ground is a good place to park and there''s some on-street parking available.

Thanks in advance.

There''s an unbelievable amount of unofficial car parks for £5-10 within walking distance of the ground, we parked in one of those last season but choose wisely because I''m sure some can be a struggle to get out of quickly.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Just off the M62 you''ll see a massive sign saying "Man Utd" with a white ''P'' in a blue box. Follows the signs. The ''P'' stands for plastics.[/quote]

If you were going, the ''P'' would stand for prat.

In the past I used to park in Altrincham as it is less obvious you are going to football and less busy. There is a long term shoppers car park and it is  a decent place to grab a bite and go up to Old Trafford on the tram.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Any idea how many tickets are going on general sale tomorrow?I''m going to Carrow Road at half 8 in the morning so hopefully I''ll get the 3 I need.OTBC[/quote]Around 250 was the reply I got when I contacted the ticket office. I also need 3 so fingers crossed!

I always park at the Lancashire Cricket Ground, also called OldTrafford. 5 minutes walk from The football ground and safe.

For a pre match pub, would recommend the Quadrant. Last season it was about 30 degrees, though probably not gonna be that hot this time ;)

Last year I drove in towards the Cricket ground and picked a parking spot at random down the side of a car workshop, there are loads of signs out for matchday parking, can''t remember if it was £5 or £10, and absolutely fine.  I prefer to go for small informal car parks for away games, at least it doesn''t take too long to get out of the car park itself !

Afterwards it took quite a while to get out of the city, you just have to accept if you''re parking reasonably clost to the ground you are one of 75,000 people leaving at the same time, and I hate leaving matches before the end.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Any idea how many tickets are going on general sale tomorrow?

I''m going to Carrow Road at half 8 in the morning so hopefully I''ll get the 3 I want.

OTBC
[/quote]

[quote user="Excited Canary"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Any idea how many tickets are going on general sale tomorrow?

I''m going to Carrow Road at half 8 in the morning so hopefully I''ll get the 3 I want.

OTBC
[/quote]

Around 250 was the reply I got when I contacted the ticket office. I also want 3 so fingers crossed!
[/quote]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]There''s an unbelievable amount of unofficial car parks for £5-10 within walking distance of the ground, we parked in one of those last season but choose wisely because I''m sure some can be a struggle to get out of quickly.[/quote]Dont jump in the first CP there are loads asking £10-15 when some closer are £5

Trafford Centre is also a good one - plus theres some reasonable food, bars and even an amusement arcade.  And its free

Downside is its probably 45 minutes walk

Parked at Lancashire Cricket ground last year, it was 10 pound and was barriered and was manned.Its not too far away from the quadrant pub there were quite a lot of city fans in their last year. I think it takes a fair while to get out of any of the car parks at old trafford - an hour ish, last time the walk back to the car was longer than it should have been because there were so many tourist man utd fans buying junk from roadside sellers - kept having to walk around them.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Trafford Centre is also a good one - plus theres some reasonable food, bars and even an amusement arcade.  And its free

Downside is its probably 45 minutes walk

You''re right it is free but it''s one hell of a walk.

I''d say longer than 45 mins which won''t be much fun if it''s p*ssing down as it normally is in Manchester. I''d go for a pay car park even though most of ''em are run by chancers with the price scrawled on an old blackboard propped up against a fence. Really dodgy looking.

[/quote]

theres a school about 20 minute walk away from old trafford, think it was about £8.I must say when i went in 2004 walking past the stretford end with what looked like millions (I know it wasnt) of Man utd fans is the only time i have ever been scared at a football game... there''s some interesting characters there...stadium wasnt as impressive as i thought it would be.