Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Vaughan, Ward, Lansbury score

From a Forest supporting mate who knows I was interested in the current and former City players at forest v Huddersfield tonight. Vaughan scored to take the lead but they were crushed by 6 goals from Forest with Ward and Lansbury both scoring.

Ayala still out injured

People will probably slate me for this but I wouldn''t mind seeing what Lansbury could do at this level.

I thought he was very strong, rugged but a more than capable passer of the ball too. Some of the goals he was involved with were superb.

One of the standout ones involved him and Surman - his level of reading the game and making good runs were very good for someone of the age he was whilst with us. I thought he was streaks ahead of Pacheco.

Not consistent enough for me chicken, reminds me a bit of Andy reid, obvious talent but lacks the drive to perform like that on a consistent basis

He''s still young tho maybe he''ll get better with age (like Kathy Blake ;) )

[quote user="refjezdavies"]He''s still young tho maybe he''ll get better with age (like Kathy Blake ;) )[/quote]

You do realise Jez that she has turned into a wrinkly old stormchaser but i suppose whatever floats your boat.[:|]

To the person who said it above, I was also wondering that about Lansbury.

Nottingham Forest only paid £1m for him, would have thought he''d have been a decent player to have around for that, particularly as he can play attacking center midfield.

With Howson so out of sorts this season he would surely have been a decent option off the bench or for rotation, he was always decent with the ball in the final third.

That said if Hughton is prepared to persevere with Howson while putting Butterfield out on loan, the perhaps Lansbury would be out on loan this season anyway. He is still only 22 and it wouldn''t surprise me if he ends up back in the Premier League at some point, might be one that we rue missing out on for a million.

That said if Lambert rated him that much we''d probably have had him on loan last season, maybe we see all of our promotion players with rose tinted glasses.

Pacheco scored on his debut for SD Huesca by the way!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="refjezdavies"]He''s still young tho maybe he''ll get better with age (like Kathy Blake ;) )[/quote]

You do realise Jez that she has turned into a wrinkly old stormchaser but i suppose whatever floats your boat.[:|]

[/quote]

I  however do possess the drive to perform on a regular basis.

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I  however do possess the drive to perform on a regular basis.

[/quote]

Yeah but can you perform at the top as you can get away with just going through the motions lower down ?

Cody has 3 goals in 6 appearances on loan for Gillingham in league two, I believe after just 7 in 39 for Coventry

[quote user="AJ"]Cody has 3 goals in 6 appearances on loan for Gillingham in league two, I believe after just 7 in 39 for Coventry[/quote]why did we get rid?! Whhhyyyy!!! thats England form that!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Forget Cody, what about Jamie Cureton?[/quote]

Still my hero sing up.

[/quote]

Cureton was utter garbage for us, how on earth was he anybody''s hero?

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Forget Cody, what about Jamie Cureton?[/quote]

Still my hero sing up.

[/quote]

Cureton was utter garbage for us, how on earth was he anybody''s hero?

[/quote]cos he once had green hair and scored against the scum!

Jamie Cureton is a really really nice guy who came through our youth system, considered Norwich the place that he belonged, had loads of friends here, and never wanted to leave.

Everybody wanted it to work out for him here, and nobody would have wanted that more than him. He definitely came to the club at the wrong time and if it had been a few years earlier it might have worked out for him in a better Norwich team.

I''m chuffed every time I see that he has scored and for me it would be brilliant if he is still playing and scoring at 40. Met him several times and he is nothing other than a pleasant guy who just loves playing football.

He must be absolutely minted though, all those signing on fees!

youth players used to stay at "digs" with local families... Darre Eadie and Jamie Cureton used to live a the digs of a girl i went to school with named Gemma..she got me Darren Eadies Autograph.. i was cool for about a week.

Some of our youth players still do live in digs with local families Jas, and many more of them will now that we can recruit from around the country again.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Some of our youth players still do live in digs with local families Jas, and many more of them will now that we can recruit from around the country again.[/quote]good to hear on both counts!the club certainly look after their youth players, the Sunday league team i run has a former Norwich youth player on the books and he often speaks how well the local families and clubs looked after everyone.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Jamie Cureton is a really really nice guy who came through our youth system, considered Norwich the place that he belonged, had loads of friends here, and never wanted to leave. Everybody wanted it to work out for him here, and nobody would have wanted that more than him. He definitely came to the club at the wrong time and if it had been a few years earlier it might have worked out for him in a better Norwich team. I''m chuffed every time I see that he has scored and for me it would be brilliant if he is still playing and scoring at 40. Met him several times and he is nothing other than a pleasant guy who just loves playing football. He must be absolutely minted though, all those signing on fees![/quote]

One of the reasons that team was poor was that he was in it.

I''m sure he is a lovely fella and a player coming through our youth set up and making a career at Professional level is always good to see, however, for us he was crap. He was a downgrade and although we all felt the sentiment and we all wanted him to do the business in a yellow shirt but he wasn''t up to it and for me that''s the bottom line.

For 1m we should have snapped Lansbury up, I do agree. Kid has class and its not like Howson or Butterbean are doing anything you couldnt write on the back of a stamp.

Lansbury is a decent player and I wouldn''t be unhappy if he was at Norwich but it''s hard to know where he''d fit in other than just being a squad player. There are better players than him in the team and he''s not really any better than what we have on the bench.

For a probably unpopular view I''d rather have Ward and Ryan Bennett. I know Ward isn''t the greatest defender ever but neither is RB and I just like that Ward knows how to use the ball, unlike RB.

[quote user="GJP"]

Lansbury is a decent player and I wouldn''t be unhappy if he was at Norwich but it''s hard to know where he''d fit in other than just being a squad player. There are better players than him in the team and he''s not really any better than what we have on the bench.

For a probably unpopular view I''d rather have Ward and Ryan Bennett. I know Ward isn''t the greatest defender ever but neither is RB and I just like that Ward knows how to use the ball, unlike RB.

[/quote]

I''m hoping this is a slip and you meant you''d rather have Ward THAN R. Bennett. If not, you appear to be implying you''d play Ward ahead of Bassong and Turner?

Warren Hill, he scored 14 goals in 45 games in his first season back here, and those goals were instrumental in our climb out of the relegation zone under Roeder.

14 goals in 45 games in a rubbish team is not an awful return for somebody who''s job it is to score goals. James Vaughan has 6 goals in 24 for Huddersfield this season, to put that into perspective.

The club sold Earnshaw for £3.5m and replaced him with a 32 year old who''d had one decent season in the Championship. That is not Jamie Cureton''s fault and he shouldn''t be blamed for it.

Whether you like it or not we''d have been relegated in summer 2008 instead of summer 2009 if it wasn''t for Cureton''s goals, and we''d have been relegated with Doncaster still in charge, wouldn''t have appointed Lambert, and would probably still be in League One now.

I''m happy for history to have it that Cureton was top scorer in the team which kept us up in 2007/08 and I''m pretty certain that if Cureton wrote a CV that is what it would say.

[quote user="Howson is now"]

I''m hoping this is a slip and you meant you''d rather have Ward THAN R. Bennett. [/quote]

Correct.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Warren Hill, he scored 14 goals in 45 games in his first season back here, and those goals were instrumental in our climb out of the relegation zone under Roeder. 14 goals in 45 games in a rubbish team is not an awful return for somebody who''s job it is to score goals.  [/quote]

Out of interest do you happen to know how many different league games Cureton''s goals came in? And were all of those 14 goals in the league?