Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

do we need a drum at carra road ?

just watching the oldham game and what a fantastic atmosphere...when they went behind the crowd kept them going until they got a second wind by singing the great escape along to the drummer for about 20 minutes non stop... maybe if we had a drummer in the snakepit or barclay we could liven up the dire atmosphere and maybe sing songs properly if a drummer kept time , rather than the race to finish first that we have now...  it ight even liven the team up   OTBC

for many years i''ve always hated drums at other grounds. however with our current problem of songs speeding up and dying out so quickly, you may be onto something.

During the late 1990s, when I worked for R.Munby,  a drummer boy used to sit in the corner between the N&P and City Stand.  It was relentlessly annoying.  I was dating a girl at the time who referred to Erik Flugelstad as "Flugelflump".  She was also relentlessly annoying, and I dumped her about the same time as they dumped the drumming monkey child.So no thanks.

No! No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no! I have always hated drummers at grounds they annoy me way too much!

1. Because they can never actually keep the time

2. Because I would just want to put the drum the there gea if they were any where near me!

Only if the scrap the goal music as a compromise. A drummer would be marginally less annoying. That said, we haven''t heard the goal music too much this season.

No, only plastic clubs with plastic fans need them!

I remember in the early 90''s I think it may have been about 1991, the club had a guy with a keyboard (The Elton John who didn''t make it!) in a corner of the river end terracing. Embarrassing and it shows how low our crowds used to be cause they sectioned of a bit of the terraces for him!

Unsuprisingly the keyboard guy didn''t lat long and soon disapeared!

well i wouldn''t call oldham athletic a plastic club with plastic fans... and the atmosphere at our home games is pathetic so i don''t think we should dismiss it out of hand... okay it was a huge occasion for oldham but their fans rose to it superbly... i don''t think our fans have got a decent atmosphere in them any more  OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]During the late 1990s, when I worked for R.Munby,  a drummer boy used to sit in the corner between the N&P and City Stand.  It was relentlessly annoying.  I was dating a girl at the time who referred to Erik Flugelstad as "Flugelflump".  She was also relentlessly annoying, and I dumped her about the same time as they dumped the drumming monkey child.So no thanks.[/quote]

I am mildly interested as to what nickname, this young filly had for you Mr Chops?

Mister Chops wrote:

During the late 1990s, when I worked for R.Munby, a drummer boy used to sit in the corner between the N&P and City Stand. It was relentlessly annoying. I was dating a girl at the time who referred to Erik Flugelstad as "Flugelflump". She was also relentlessly annoying, and I dumped her about the same time as they dumped the drumming monkey child.

So no thanks.

I am mildly interested as to what nickname, this young filly had for you Mr Chops?

Binner?[;)]

The last time Blackpool came to Carrow rd, they had the drum taken off them, and they were a little upset, I think drums will not be allowed in the ground anymore, besides they are noisey and will stop the residents of the library from having an afrernoon nap. 

To answer the question,  a definate no. What ever next, to try and create an artificial atmosphere, someone on a microphone starting a sing song before the game.....................?

The way I see it, we''re in a state of flux. All the old codgers have grown tired and just want to watch a game of football. All the young people want to sing, but get glares from the old codgers so that they sing really fast to get it out of the way. I think, when they fall asleep in the 12th minute we should grab them all by the arms and legs and deposit them outside Carrow Road. They''ll wake up on the 20th minute when they realise the atmosphere has grown to fever pitch and when they open their eyes to glare at the younguns they''ll notice their folly and repent. To gain entry back into the stadium they will have to sing a fine rendition of On the ball city (none of this shouty nonsense, the real deal.) and come half time if any of them are found to be asleep they will be thrown out once again.
Rinse and repeat.
Though, a drummer might also work. If it''s drummed loudly in the old fogies faces.

Maybe if WE played with some attacking endeavour. An atmosphere would generate itself. You would not need a drum then

Positive football= positive Carrow road atmosphere

next years world cup might just start a trend....Flares, Drums, Musical instruments..A friend of mine was in Brazil for christmas visiting his inlaws, Corinthians beat Chelski and the whole country went bananas... even fans of Corinthians hated rivals.... street parties, Sambas, carnival scenes everywhere.The world cup is going to be something special... You think the atmosphere at Carrow Road can sometimes be electric, no body parties like the Brazilians....

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]During the late 1990s, when I worked for R.Munby,  a drummer boy used to sit in the corner between the N&P and City Stand.  It was relentlessly annoying.  I was dating a girl at the time who referred to Erik Flugelstad as "Flugelflump".  She was also relentlessly annoying, and I dumped her about the same time as they dumped the drumming monkey child.So no thanks.[/quote]

[/quote]Ghostrider.  Since you ask.

I say yes.

1. There should be a drummer in the River end just below the score board

2. There should be a drummer in South stand below padded seats.

3 There should be a drummer in City Stand near where Directors sit.

That way it would liven it up, and stop hearing all moaners, and the rustling of lap blankets!!

Went to an Ice hockey match and had the misfortune of sitting next to a guy with a drum. His constant pounding of said drum made me think he was making up for not pounding anything else.Totally fucking anoying and I left half deaf.So a drum at Carrow ?

No thanks

[quote user="Herman "]We had a drummer a few years back. He got kicked out for some reason.[/quote]

There was a drummer sitting in the Snakepit for a few seasons just after it opened, probably around the late 90s.

He got kicked out and banned for throwing his drumsticks at a particularly bad linesman, if i remember correctly.

A bloke brought the drum in and went right to the back and it started well even though some were getting peed off with it   All a bit too orchestrated for them. Then a guy walks up the back grabbed the drums sticks and threw them onto the pitch much to the amusement and applause of the Snakepit and Block A.  Never seen or heard of a drum in the ground since. Good as far as I''m concerned.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

To answer the question,  a definate no. What ever next, to try and create an artificial atmosphere, someone on a microphone starting a sing song before the game.....................?

[/quote]

Don''t get me started on that....totally makes me cringe along with the mic guy walking off at the end of half-time encouraging Canary fans to cheer their team on for the next 45 minutes......sickeningly patronising to say the least........ think I''ll Tweet Mcnally about that one!!!!