Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Hughton Has NOT Improved The Defence!

How about we review the facts when Bassong is and isn''t playing ? He is probably Houghton''s marquee signing ? When he has been injured then he is relying mainly on Lambert signings.You post is shortsighted & not developed.

So just to be clear, we''ve gone from"Hughton Has NOT Improved The Defence!"to"Hughton has not really Improved The Defence!,"to "Hughton may have improved the defence, but all fans are bored with Hughton''s football!,"to "I''d like Holloway or the bloke from MK Dons as they play passing football"to"We might play decent passing foorball under Hughton; I don''t know, as I can''t afford to go to games any more."

As Paul Daniels used to say - "now, that''s Magic!"

Next up on Wiz and Friends...

I think you may have left out the words ''his imaginary''

I don''t think he is a binner, just someone who has latched unto our club without having any real knowledge of the club - hence the flawed guff about Wensum Stands, no roofs, seeing the cathedral from the main stand etc

His posts are mostly provocative with no real evidence or sense of continuity in thought. I''ve seen weathervanes in a hurricane change position far less than his stance on the club.

The only one real definite is that he doesn''t like Norwich City, as the attacks here and on other clubs websites demonstrate. I suspect he get some perverse satisfaction from being the centre of attention, though all too often it is one of ridicule.

A sad case really

And so the crazy gang members gather.

Only a few on this site have ever met me at Carrow Road, for that I feel blessed.

I still stand by my OP, despite your collective ridicule, but I realise you do it because you have no defence against my claim.

Hughton switching to two up front may just save us...........we will soon find out.

[quote user="Wiz"]

And so the crazy gang members gather.

Only a few on this site have ever met me at Carrow Road, for that I feel blessed.

I still stand by my OP, despite your collective ridicule, but I realise you do it because you have no defence against my claim.

Hughton switching to two up front may just save us...........we will soon find out.

[/quote]We have already established your "claim" was rubbish.Hughton has improved the defence.So, mainly, the defence is that what you said is entirely untrue, and false.And stupid.

[quote user="Wiz"]Only a few on this site have ever met me at Carrow Road, for that I feel blessed.[/quote]If you are never there I''d say the chances of meeting you are slim.......[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]Only a few on this site have ever met me at Carrow Road, for that I feel blessed.[/quote]If you are never there I''d say the chances of meeting you are slim.......[;)][/quote]

...and if you are ever there, please feel free to keep yourself to yourself. There''s a good boy.

Your claims about the defence have been shown to be utter crap, so as usual you change your stance repeatedly while offering no logical defence of your original position.

Pathetic.

[quote user="Wiz"]I still stand by my OP, despite your collective ridicule, but I realise you do it because you have no defence against my claim.

[/quote]But why would switching to two up front improve our defence?Oh and Hughton has improved our defence, as demonstrated throughout this thread.

Does anyone get to the point where they imagine Wiz to be in a puppet show and your waiting for Punch to come out and wack him with something to the response of comical applause and laughter?

Just give it up Wiz, people have been kind enough to tolerate your challenge and then actually respond to it in a polite and educated way.

You response to that is ridicule their counter argument, change the conversation a couple of times and then when that doesn''t work return to the original argument which you had already disagreed with yourself in an attempt to try and do what? I have no idea.

The defense is stronger this year, to add to the fact that they are ''meaner'' when we have Bassong and Turner in there, they have also score double the amount of goals last years collection of defenders managed. And that with games yet to go.

So actually not only is this years defense better at defending, it''s also better at scoring!

[quote user="chicken"]Does anyone get to the point where they imagine Wiz to be in a puppet show and your waiting for Punch to come out and wack him with something to the response of comical applause and laughter? Just give it up Wiz, people have been kind enough to tolerate your challenge and then actually respond to it in a polite and educated way. You response to that is ridicule their counter argument, change the conversation a couple of times and then when that doesn''t work return to the original argument which you had already disagreed with yourself in an attempt to try and do what? I have no idea. The defense is stronger this year, to add to the fact that they are ''meaner'' when we have Bassong and Turner in there, they have also score double the amount of goals last years collection of defenders managed. And that with games yet to go. So actually not only is this years defense better at defending, it''s also better at scoring![/quote]

We are taking just 3+, 3 plus misely goals you all cling to when you claim I''m wrong chicken, not one of you ''head in sand'' types have counted my at the expense and destruction of our strikers points yet.

That point is forgotten, glossed over, as long as its not mentioned, my arguement remains sound.

Scoring more goals than the oppositon will always win games, likewise, it will always shut me up too!

Rubbish. You had plenty to moan about last season when you now say things were all nice and rosey.

Like others have said when you take away the games Bassong wasn''t playing in and we had Bennett or Barnett at the back we have one of the meanest defenses.

I''d also suggest that in the absence of a decent second striker Hughton has tried to inject a bit more creativity in Hoolahan. It hasn''t brought us the goals we all hoped but you make it sound as if we sacraficed a striker for a defender when we haven''t.

[quote user="chicken"]Rubbish. You had plenty to moan about last season when you now say things were all nice and rosey. Like others have said when you take away the games Bassong wasn''t playing in and we had Bennett or Barnett at the back we have one of the meanest defenses. I''d also suggest that in the absence of a decent second striker Hughton has tried to inject a bit more creativity in Hoolahan. It hasn''t brought us the goals we all hoped but you make it sound as if we sacraficed a striker for a defender when we haven''t.[/quote]

Tactically we have imo.

ONE defender has improved us and thats Bassong, facts are that when he doesnt play we get humped so why hasnt another defender of his stature been brought in? Wiz, doesnt matter what you say some people will never accept what you say even though it may be true. We are a far worse team going forward so maybe you should start a thread on how our attack or lack of it has become so powder puff!!

Wiz. Your title is clear. It is demonstrably wrong.

So you try to change the argument to make you right.

That is cowardly and intellectually dishonest.

Start a thread titled

"Hughton has marginally improved our defence and blunted our attack" and then you can try to justify it with some vestige of integrity.

RECAP:Starting at"Hughton Has NOT Improved The Defence!"we''ve gone to"Hughton has not really Improved The Defence!,"to "Hughton may have improved the defence, but all fans are bored with Hughton''s football!,"to "I''d like Holloway or the bloke from MK Dons as they play passing football"to"We might play decent passing foorball under Hughton; I don''t know, as I can''t afford to go to games any more."to"Hughton has NOT improved the defence and you''re all wrong"to"When I say Hughton has NOT improved the defence, I meant to say we are scoring less goals"

More flip-flops than Great Yarmouth market.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]RECAP:

Starting at

"Hughton Has NOT Improved The Defence!"

we''ve gone to

"Hughton has not really Improved The Defence!,"

to

"Hughton may have improved the defence, but all fans are bored with Hughton''s football!,"

to

"I''d like Holloway or the bloke from MK Dons as they play passing football"

to

"We might play decent passing foorball under Hughton; I don''t know, as I can''t afford to go to games any more."

to

"Hughton has NOT improved the defence and you''re all wrong"

to

"When I say Hughton has NOT improved the defence, I meant to say we are scoring less goals"

More flip-flops than Great Yarmouth market.

[/quote]

By your standards poor.

And I''m still right.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]RECAP:Starting at"Hughton Has NOT Improved The Defence!"we''ve gone to"Hughton has not really Improved The Defence!,"to "Hughton may have improved the defence, but all fans are bored with Hughton''s football!,"to "I''d like Holloway or the bloke from MK Dons as they play passing football"to"We might play decent passing foorball under Hughton; I don''t know, as I can''t afford to go to games any more."to"Hughton has NOT improved the defence and you''re all wrong"to"When I say Hughton has NOT improved the defence, I meant to say we are scoring less goals"

More flip-flops than Great Yarmouth market.[/quote]

By your standards poor.

And I''m still right.

[/quote]What are you right about?You''re clearly not right about Hughton not improving the defence as by your own admission we have conceded fewer goals and kept more clean sheets than at this point last season.You might be right about not being able to afford to go to games; I don''t doubt that.

Statto.com  rank our 2012 defence 16th and our 2012 attack 7th best in the league.Statto.com  rank our 2013 defence 13th and our 2013 attack 18th best in the league.Our defence has improved and our attack has withered so "I''m with stupid =>" can blub all he likes about being right, the facts however viewed say otherwise. Perhaps we should blame the strikers but tbh Chris Hughtons strikeforce has only had the one game and that against a Fulham side who set out for a draw so I''d say it would be a little premature to judge them.As Chicken pointed out it was not unreasonable for CH to assume that the 7th best strikeforce in the league didn''t need as much strengthening as the defence when he arrived, that the defence has improved despite the extra pressure put on them by such a misfiring attack is commendable.