Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Hughton Has NOT Improved The Defence!

That wonderful panacea, ''change the manager''. QPR have done it three times in the past year and look where it has got them! CH is building a good squad and will improve it further in the summer with 4 quality players: striker, DMF, CB, and RB as well as signing Garrido on a permanent. Work in progress for future stability and development.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Could those who wish for Hughton to be replaced as our Manager please suggest the alternative and how and why they would do a better job?

"I don''t know who it should be, I just want him replaced" is not an acceptable answer.

Wiz....?

[/quote]

I always wanted Holloway, I thought you knew that Shuck, but I also like the MK Don''s guy too.

Holloway is a nice guy, bit of a clown.Funny to see at someone elses club cracking jokes at press conferences, not so funny if its your club.Has Holloway improved his clubs defensive records?

[quote user="morty"]Holloway is a nice guy, bit of a clown.Funny to see at someone elses club cracking jokes at press conferences, not so funny if its your club.Has Holloway improved his clubs defensive records?[/quote]

Did he succeed in keeping a club in the premiership?

The MK Dons chap is possibly even more risky at this point in time. Not that experienced at a higher level at all.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="morty"]Holloway is a nice guy, bit of a clown.

Funny to see at someone elses club cracking jokes at press conferences, not so funny if its your club.

Has Holloway improved his clubs defensive records?
[/quote] Did he succeed in keeping a club in the premiership? The MK Dons chap is possibly even more risky at this point in time. Not that experienced at a higher level at all.[/quote]

Nor was Lambert!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="morty"]Holloway is a nice guy, bit of a clown.Funny to see at someone elses club cracking jokes at press conferences, not so funny if its your club.Has Holloway improved his clubs defensive records?[/quote] Did he succeed in keeping a club in the premiership? The MK Dons chap is possibly even more risky at this point in time. Not that experienced at a higher level at all.[/quote]

Nor was Lambert!

[/quote]And we were in league one at the time.Seriously can you not see the difference?

if Pep Guardiola was our manager Wiz would still want him out. whatever/whoever we have, Wiz will campaign to have change because that is the nature of the beast, but why oh why does he have to be a canary supporter-if he really is.

[quote user="morty"]You continue to ignore the questions you actually have no answer to lol[Y]
[/quote]

No, I''m trying to ignore you.......you''re missing a fuse imo.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]You continue to ignore the questions you actually have no answer to lol[Y][/quote]

No, I''m trying to ignore you.......you''re missing a fuse imo.

[/quote]No, I am questioning your idiotic opinions, waiting for the day you actually back something up with fact.You still haven''t addressed your point that Hughton hasn''t improved our defence, despite shipping less goals, and keeping more clean sheets.Over to you[Y]

[quote user="star_manic"]if Pep Guardiola was our manager Wiz would still want him out. whatever/whoever we have, Wiz will campaign to have change because that is the nature of the beast, but why oh why does he have to be a canary supporter-if he really is.
[/quote]

I didn''t ever want Lambert out did I?.......and I''d have him back in a heartbeat.

Sort of blows your theory apart doesn''t it?

Karl Robinson has been a "young manager with potential" for sometime now-no one seems that keen to take a punt on him higher up the pyramid although, to be fair, MK Dons are hardly living a hand to mouth existence so I would guess some offers he might have had aren''t as attractive as staying there and waiting for the bigger and better ones-I think he turned down Coventry for example.

Some say-and I know them!-they reckon the wheel of football will eventually see Lambert here as our Manager again one day-that old theory of us being "his" club and where he best fits. Don''t agree. I do recall Martin O''Neill, a long, LONG time ago saying he had "unfinished business" at Norwich, but that will have passed by now.

Holloway might have been an option once- but I would want a damned good coach and tactician alongside him if he was Manager at my club-Peter Taylor or similar. One is a great motivator but not so much  coach, the other is not much of a motivator but a good coach.

My gut feeing is, that, for whatever reason, Hughton did leave in the next year-eighteen months or so (not that I want or expect it to happen) that the club would go back in for Neil Lennon.

[quote user="Wiz"]

I didn''t ever want Lambert out did I?.......and I''d have him back in a heartbeat.

[/quote]So your preferred choices of manager are a league one chap, and Lambert and Holloway two men with a total of three years Prem league managers experience between them and two men who by the end of the season will have a record of two relegations to one survival from those three years in management. I''d have expected someone so knowledgeable to have set their sights quite a bit higher than that because I find it difficult to make a case for any of the three to manage at this level....

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]So your preferred choices of manager are a league one chap, and Lambert and Holloway two men with a total of three years Prem league managers experience between them and two men who by the end of the season will have a record of two relegations to one survival from those three years in management. I''d have expected someone so knowledgeable to have set their sights quite a bit higher than that because I find it difficult to make a case for any of the three to manage at this level....

[/quote]Smacks of "Little ole Norwich" mentality to me.Trololololol.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

So your preferred choices of manager are a league one chap, and Lambert and Holloway two men with a total of three years Prem league managers experience between them and two men who by the end of the season will have a record of two relegations to one survival from those three years in management.
 I''d have expected someone so knowledgeable to have set their sights quite a bit higher than that because I find it difficult to make a case for any of the three to manage at this level....

[/quote]

They''re just my personal choices Zak, all those I mentioned advocate an exciting passing game ie. The Norwich Way, don''t tell me you think Hughton plays that way too, because simply, he doesn''t!

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Cough.

[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/03/article-2242198-1653B0DC000005DC-564_634x368.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Smoke screens Zak.

All the fans who grace Carrow Rd, the press, TV etc are saying how boring it is watching us at home and away now, dull safety first, grey football.

And whats worse you damn well know it is.

I''ve mentioned this goal plenty of times. It''s like it has been obliterated from peoples memories. But in truth despite the many protests to the contrary most fans like direct football. Well no, that''s not strictly true, top of the list is winning football but following that more fans like direct football than the style we and most of the PL play. During the build up to that goal how many times from how many stands were the players berated to stop fannying about and get the ball forwards? How many times did the armchairs in front of the tv tut with frustration and impatience as Norwich players passed the ball "going nowhere". Come on, be truthful guys....

To clarify here (Not that you''re likely to listen to facts of course) yes, the LAST game at Carrow road was boring, no one disputes this.This is the game when Hughton intended to play two up front, but couldn''t because of a late injury to Holt. But of course that was just a lie and a smoke screen by him.Your utter lack of realising the importance of staying in this division this season, is frankly embarrassing. And it is more about you trying to prove some stupid point, rather than actual logic, and love of Norwich City.

"All the fans who grace Carrow Rd, ...............are saying how boring it is watching us at home and away

And how would you know ? Do you hang around outside Carrow Road asking them after the games - likewise away game ?

How many City fans have you actually heard say that ?

In fact how many City fans have you spoke to in the past month or so ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ve mentioned this goal plenty of times. It''s like it has been obliterated from peoples memories. But in truth despite the many protests to the contrary most fans like direct football. Well no, that''s not strictly true, top of the list is winning football but following that more fans like direct football than the style we and most of the PL play. During the build up to that goal how many times from how many stands were the players berated to stop fannying about and get the ball forwards? How many times did the armchairs in front of the tv tut with frustration and impatience as Norwich players passed the ball "going nowhere". Come on, be truthful guys....

[/quote]

I can truthfully say I did none of that. I watched mesmerised, and said to my neighbour they''re going to score here. It is up there with the Hoolahan, Garrido, Pilkington goal against Man U.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Cough.[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/03/article-2242198-1653B0DC000005DC-564_634x368.jpg[/img][/quote]

Smoke screens Zak.

All the fans who grace Carrow Rd, the press, TV etc are saying how boring it is watching us at home and away now, dull safety first, grey football.

And whats worse you damn well know it is.

[/quote]Don''t BS purely for the sake of BS-ing.The previous home game was boring - partially down to the fact that our tactical plans were ruined that morning. Partially because it was simply just a boring game. That happens, not just to us but to all teams.You can''t class the above as a smoke screen purely because it doesnt fit in with your attack on Hughton. That goal as absolutely fantastic and we''ve scored some other good goals, whilst playing good football.On our ten match unbeaten run NO ONE was criticising, not even you. But yet again you''re having a paddy because things arent perfect. Get over it, and yourself whilst you''re at it.

I must admit, some of the doom mongering sheep are looking very ridiculous in this post.

It is hilarious when someone brings back an old post which shows them totally contradicting themselves

Wiz, nobody respects your opinion any more, you have contradicted yourself far to many times for your points to be valid any more.

[quote user="ellis206"]

I must admit, some of the doom mongering sheep are looking very ridiculous in this post.

It is hilarious when someone brings back an old post which shows them totally contradicting themselves

Wiz, nobody respects your opinion any more, you have contradicted yourself far to many times for your points to be valid any more.

[/quote]

Your kind were saying that 9 years ago ellis, no, I didn''t take notice then either.

[quote user="morty"]To clarify here (Not that you''re likely to listen to facts of course) yes, the LAST game at Carrow road was boring, no one disputes this.

This is the game when Hughton intended to play two up front, but couldn''t because of a late injury to Holt. But of course that was just a lie and a smoke screen by him.

Your utter lack of realising the importance of staying in this division this season, is frankly embarrassing. And it is more about you trying to prove some stupid point, rather than actual logic, and love of Norwich City.

[/quote]

Oh I realise more than you think................thats why I moaning!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]To clarify here (Not that you''re likely to listen to facts of course) yes, the LAST game at Carrow road was boring, no one disputes this.This is the game when Hughton intended to play two up front, but couldn''t because of a late injury to Holt. But of course that was just a lie and a smoke screen by him.Your utter lack of realising the importance of staying in this division this season, is frankly embarrassing. And it is more about you trying to prove some stupid point, rather than actual logic, and love of Norwich City.

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes, silly me, your constant whingeing will keep us in the Premier league.How could I have missed this obvious point?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]To clarify here (Not that you''re likely to listen to facts of course) yes, the LAST game at Carrow road was boring, no one disputes this.

This is the game when Hughton intended to play two up front, but couldn''t because of a late injury to Holt. But of course that was just a lie and a smoke screen by him.

Your utter lack of realising the importance of staying in this division this season, is frankly embarrassing. And it is more about you trying to prove some stupid point, rather than actual logic, and love of Norwich City.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, silly me, your constant whingeing will keep us in the Premier league.

How could I have missed this obvious point?
[/quote]

Morty, juast like you, I bleed Yellow and Green too, but you hold a massive advantage over me in that you can afford to go to Carrow Rd and get the bigger picture, if I saw that bigger picture too maybe then I wouldn''t be so worried about City as I am now.

I don''t think you''ve improved your defense of your ridiculous OP, you''ve failed statistically, you''ve failed logically and now you''ve failed to see the bigger picture.

As the great poet Lionel Ritchie said, you''re once, twice, three times a loser.

come along wiz, don''t be shy

you have made yet another claim which does require a bit of substantiating, otherwise folk might think you are making up stuff again, as with the Wensum Stand, the South Stand being the City stand, standing and sitting in the Barclay, no roofs on three stands etc

so here we are

"All the fans who grace Carrow Rd, ...............are saying how boring it is watching us at home and away

And how do you know ? Do you hang around outside Carrow Road asking them after the games - likewise away game ?

How many City fans have you actually heard say that ?

In fact how many City fans have you spoke to in the past month or so ?