Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Hughton Has NOT Improved The Defence!

The facts are, at this time last season we had had conceeded only 3 more goals than we have now and at the expence of free flowing, attacking and scoring football...........and he''s spent a big wad of cash to achieve this.

I suggest that anyone who still clings to the myth that Hughton has radicly improved the defence/team is away and playing with the fairies!

We were far better last season and after he''s had two transfer windows, imo.............he''s failed!

[quote user="chicken"]It was only a matter of time![/quote]Yup, daily dose of attention[Y]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="chicken"]It was only a matter of time![/quote]Yup, daily dose of attention[Y][/quote]

Or unpalable facts.[^o)]

[/quote]Only to you.You clearly know nothing whatsoever about football. Do you understand the concept of "work in progress" at all?Seriously, Chris Hughton could find a cure for cancer and you''d still find criticism.

So, to add some facts into this. We have conceded less goals than this time last season you say?Have we also kept more clean sheets Wiz?From where I am sitting thats an improvement. But don''t let actual facts get in the way of your tireless, whiney crusade[Y]

Ok Wizend,find out who was in defence during our losses and our wins. Were they Hughton''s or Lambert''s players? Put some meat on your ''facts'' and we may listen.

If youre looking purely at our ''goal against'' column I think its a little misleading. We''ve conceded a lot of goals in a handful of games (Liverpool x 2,Chelsea and Man City) but other than that we''ve by and large been fairly solid and certainly have more clean shhets than last season.

Personnel-wise at the back Bassong,Turner, Garrido and when fit Whittaker are better than we had last season , Naughton aside.

The fact that many of our defenders from last season, Ward,Ayala,Whitbread are now playing Championship football tells us what standard they are?

The real crime from Hughton and where he has failed to improve us over two transfer windows is at the other end of the pitch...........that if the worst happens will have been our real downfall

When will we witness the first , thoroughly founded reaction from Wiz on the subject of football?

This is complete tosh, mr Wiz. As Morty says, the manager , just like every researcher, analyst needs time to develop something or come to the right conclusions.

Bottom line: another thread with the INTENTION of seeking ATTENTION...

So, hang on, we have conceded less goals and kept more clean sheets?But the defence hasn''t improved?I don''t get it Wiz, explain.

League''s morph and change every year, one season is never comparable to the next. Different teams, players and managers mean there are too many variables to try to build a consistant trend.

However, if you are so determined to do so I would say that this season Norwich have considerably more clean sheets that last season - to me this is a more important stat that goals conceeded. I would also offer the mitigating fact that Ruddy has been injured for most of the season, and whilst Bunn has been an adequate replacement, he isn''t of the same ability as John. I dread to think how many goals Norwich would have conceeded last year if Ruddy had been out injured for the same amount of time.

Just by watching a Norwich game, you can clearly see a more organised and solid defence.

Wiz, you here still?You going to back up your "facts" lol?I suspect you will roll out the "Its just my opinion and I was provoking the debate" line again.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

If youre looking purely at our ''goal against'' column I think its a little misleading. We''ve conceded a lot of goals in a handful of games (Liverpool x 2,Chelsea and Man City) but other than that we''ve by and large been fairly solid and certainly have more clean shhets than last season.

Personnel-wise at the back Bassong,Turner, Garrido and when fit Whittaker are better than we had last season , Naughton aside.

The fact that many of our defenders from last season, Ward,Ayala,Whitbread are now playing Championship football tells us what standard they are?

The real crime from Hughton and where he has failed to improve us over two transfer windows is at the other end of the pitch...........that if the worst happens will have been our real downfall

[/quote]

I, and a few others would argue that Garrido is better than Tierny, or that the omission of Fox is a correct one......and the attack mess up is shameful.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

I, and a few others would argue that Garrido is better than Tierny, or that the omission of Fox is a correct one......and the attack mess up is shameful.

[/quote]But we have conceded less goals and kept more clean sheets, whats your take on those facts?

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, you here still?

You going to back up your "facts" lol?

I suspect you will roll out the "Its just my opinion and I was provoking the debate" line again.
[/quote]

It should be simple enough........even for you!

Here''s a clue....compare today to today last season, only 3 less goals conceeded than under Lambert. .........and an attack which is now buggered.......some progress.[:|]

Why did Lambert plat two right backs instead of Tierney? It doesn''t make much sense to me. Marc Tierney made 17 appearances last season then Lambert played Drury(12) or put a square peg in a round hole.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, you here still?You going to back up your "facts" lol?I suspect you will roll out the "Its just my opinion and I was provoking the debate" line again.[/quote]

Here''s a clue....compare today to today last season, only 3 less goals conceeded than under Lambert. .........and an attack which is now buggered.......some progress.[:|]

[/quote]Hang on, lets talk facts, you have stated something in your thread title, that has now been proven spectacularly wrong, throw in another fact that we have kept many more clean sheets, and that further utterly rubbishes your entire theory.Seriously, are you trying to imply in some way that I am not intelligent enough to grasp your concept?Clearly you have no actual understanding of football, how a side is set out, how some managers prefer to build from the back and be hard to beat, and then improve the attack when money allows.I swear you are a computer generated idiot program, designed to increase forum traffic and therefore advertising income for Archant.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

I suspect you will roll out the "Its just my opinion and I was provoking the debate" line again.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hang on, lets talk facts, you have stated something in your thread title, that has now been proven spectacularly wrong, throw in another fact that we have kept many more clean sheets, and that further utterly rubbishes your entire theory.

Seriously, are you trying to imply in some way that I am not intelligent enough to grasp your concept?

Clearly you have no actual understanding of football, how a side is set out, how some managers prefer to build from the back and be hard to beat, and then improve the attack when money allows.

I swear you are a computer generated idiot program, designed to increase forum traffic and therefore advertising income for Archant.
[/quote]

3 goals = spectaculary?...........oh dear.[:$]

Bugger...........busted.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, you here still?You going to back up your "facts" lol?I suspect you will roll out the "Its just my opinion and I was provoking the debate" line again.[/quote]

[/quote]Hang on, lets talk facts, you have stated something in your thread title, that has now been proven spectacularly wrong, throw in another fact that we have kept many more clean sheets, and that further utterly rubbishes your entire theory.Seriously, are you trying to imply in some way that I am not intelligent enough to grasp your concept?Clearly you have no actual understanding of football, how a side is set out, how some managers prefer to build from the back and be hard to beat, and then improve the attack when money allows.I swear you are a computer generated idiot program, designed to increase forum traffic and therefore advertising income for Archant.[/quote]

3 goals = spectaculary?...........oh dear.[:$]

Bugger...........busted.

[/quote]Yes, you have stated something that has been proven completely wrong.I await your apology and admission of stupidity.

how many goals would we have shipped by now if Lambert was still our manager? this season was always going to be a lot tougher than last as the overall quality is slightly better and we are no longer an unknown quantity. without a doubt our defence is considerably better than last season. we have conceded 40 goals so far, but 23  have been in five matches, in 4 of which Barnett (3 ) and R Bennett have been in defence and Bassong(3) or Turner(2) missing. which means in the other 21 matches with a settled defence, we have conceded just17 goals, and 3 of them were in our 4-3 victory over Swansea. stats can prove anything you want them toWiz, but it cannot hide that our first choice defence is much stronger than last season.[:P]

[quote user="Wiz"]

The facts are, at this time last season we had had conceeded only 3 more goals than we have now and at the expence of free flowing, attacking and scoring football...........and he''s spent a big wad of cash to achieve this.

I suggest that anyone who still clings to the myth that Hughton has radicly improved the defence/team is away and playing with the fairies!

We were far better last season and after he''s had two transfer windows, imo.............he''s failed!

[/quote]Absolute ''tosh''! Anybody that cannot appreciate what a difference Seb Bassong has made has not got a clue about football! We have taken most of out drubbings when he has not been around. Our difficulties now lie, and has been for some time in finishing and moving forward ensuring that our passing game takes us forward rather than backwards/sideways.

The defenders we have on our books are better - Bass is a class above what we''ve had for many years.

However, when Bass is not in the team is where the problems start. Turner and Bennett have nightmares when he''s injured or suspended, whereas last season we seemed to cope better when our best defenders were missing from the team.

Last season we scored more goals so there was less pressure on us to keep clean sheets. I think it''s just a case of us trying to find a better balance between defence and attack, but unfortunately this isn''t necessarily an easy task

I think Wiz is smarting from ther fact that his 7 page thread that he was revelling in all about him has disappeared into cyberspace for some unknown reason so as Morty says he has to come up with another me me me thread to grasp attention.

defence ?

what about de roof ?

Did Cpt Barclay improve the ground, or do your facts state he did not - remember you told us there was NO roof on the Barclay Stand when you supposedly attended in 1958 ?

Wiz you are an amusing chap!  Are you a parody of yourself, like those hooligan types calling themselves the "Chaos Crew" on that tweeting thing?

I look forward to seeing you at the game on Saturday. You loyal supporter you.

Or did you just say "That goal was definitely offside" while listening to the radio.

Have you ever called Canary Call?   You would be a hoot!!!!!!!!!!

Stay happy my dear fellow and keep supporting our boys in yellow.

OTBC

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your title was very clear "Hughton has NOT improved the defence!" You then go on to say that we have conceded three less goals than this day last season. It should be simple enough........even for you! That three less is an improvement. Regardless of how big an improvement, just going on your words and your words alone, you have proved that your thread is cr@p and that you contradict yourself.