Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Having retained Premiership status can we have a new manager next season?

I am bored with our Manager. I am bored with us not scoring goals. I like rising to my feet in the Upper Barclay to congratulate our boys. I like worshipping our goal scorers, I missed the Fulham game and I am not going to the Everton game because I am bored with our style of play. I thought PL brought style and excitment to Norwich Carra Road. If we manage to stay up this season can we get a new manager to give us excitment do you think or do we have to continue like we are now? If being in the Premiership is the be all and end all do we have to bother going to watch?

I want a new manager. One that can win every game. One that can play fast,exciting football but have a strong defensive unit. But he has to be able to do it all on a very tight budget. And he has to do it straight away. No team building nonsense. NOW!!!

He would also have to get the chairman to lower ticket prices. And make better pies. And sort out half time entertainment.

Is Jesus Christ still in management???

ok.. which manager would you like?I hear that Lambert Fellow is doing a wonderful job at Villa.. or what about Martin O''Neill who has flattered to decieve for years? Lets see if Di Matteo.. who has won European footballs greatest prize will take a step down to Norwich...I hear Mike Walker might even be free...give us a giggle.. who''s your choice?

[quote user="Bobert"]I am bored with our Manager. I am bored with us not scoring goals. I like rising to my feet in the Upper Barclay to congratulate our boys. I like worshipping our goal scorers, I missed the Fulham game and I am not going to the Everton game because I am bored with our style of play. I thought PL brought style and excitment to Norwich Carra Road. If we manage to stay up this season can we get a new manager to give us excitment do you think or do we have to continue like we are now? If being in the Premiership is the be all and end all do we have to bother going to watch?[/quote]   i''m bored with you.

Remember Charlton? Bored with Curbishley keeping them in the Premier League, he''s taken them as far as he can? We abandoned the Charlton model when Doncaster went, lets not resurrect it.

Be careful what you wish for.

Oh do shut up. I wonder if you''d be complaining of boring football if we were on the brink of relegation

I think Hughton is starting to learn that our appalling run since the Wigan game is partly down to his negative tactics. Therefore it can only be a good thing that he''s decided to go two up front tomorrow with hopefully Wes in behind and Tettey or Johnson holding. I''d prefer Johnson as Tettey gives the ball away so much.

If Hughton has learnt that he can''t rely on one very negative and boring tactic, that can only be good for us if we stay up for next season.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think Hughton is starting to learn that our appalling run since the Wigan game is partly down to his negative tactics. Therefore it can only be a good thing that he''s decided to go two up front tomorrow with hopefully Wes in behind and Tettey or Johnson holding. I''d prefer Johnson as Tettey gives the ball away so much.

If Hughton has learnt that he can''t rely on one very negative and boring tactic, that can only be good for us if we stay up for next season.[/quote]Yes of course, because this whole management lark is totally new to him, and he has just been stumbling along, hoping to get lucky.

Now let me get this right....you want to sack a manager who it appears will get us through the second season syndrome which means we get £70 million TV money next season as opposed to £42 million this season ? I think you would be dangerous if let loose with a brain. [:@]

This post is an extreme gut reaction.... but... I hope to god he plays Becchio and Holt tomorrow or Im gonna properly lose it...maybe not waddle onto the pitch with my trousers at half mast like that prick in the gunny era but still I will shake my fist at him from my seat at the very least !!

This season was always about grinding out our survival, nothing more!

Just because a few supporters thought we should be aiming higher than 17th has made a lot of people think that Hughton isn''t doing a good job.

Sorry to disapoint anyone but most of us knew we were in for a long hard season even during our 10 game unbeaten run.

I believe we will survive, I don''t think we will lose to Everton nor win, look at the stats it has a 0-0 draw all over it. But that''s where we are, we have paid pur debts, building on solid footings and will have the biggest transfer kitty in our history.

So the three teams who come up next year will struggle to keep up with the premiership teams, we will attract the next level of international class players and have the finances in place to move up into that premeirship middle ground.

Give it time and support the transformation required to develope.

Some supporters are spoiled, three years of success has turned them into what we all hated about the Wolves fans........

[quote user="Indy"]

This season was always about grinding out our survival, nothing more!

Just because a few supporters thought we should be aiming higher than 17th has made a lot of people think that Hughton isn''t doing a good job.

Sorry to disapoint anyone but most of us knew we were in for a long hard season even during our 10 game unbeaten run.

I believe we will survive, I don''t think we will lose to Everton nor win, look at the stats it has a 0-0 draw all over it. But that''s where we are, we have paid pur debts, building on solid footings and will have the biggest transfer kitty in our history.

So the three teams who come up next year will struggle to keep up with the premiership teams, we will attract the next level of international class players and have the finances in place to move up into that premeirship middle ground.

Give it time and support the transformation required to develope.

Some supporters are spoiled, three years of success has turned them into what we all hated about the Wolves fans........

[/quote]I think we all know this deep down, but the anoyance is we have been spoilt.I do agree though that this year was always going to be a rough anti climax of a season. And as noted, the only important thing is to be in the Prem for 2013 / 14

Like most I thought this season was going to be tough going and this has been exaggerated by the 10 match unbeaten run followed by a difficult run of fixtures, losing by the odd goal where wins and draws had gone before. Having followed City for over 40 yend.ears I''ve seen a lot of ups and downs and I think City are very much on the up now. Before the season started I predicted a 14th place finish and I still think it will be around that by the end. I also think that Chris Hughton is building an excellent squad with the money available. To talk about a new manager now is beyond belief for me.

People basically need to stop behaving like a kid with ADHD who has had his Ritalin taken away.

Like the OP, I too am bored with the football of this season. Like the OP, i will miss the game tomorrow, and although this isn''t out of choice, for the first time in years im not disappoited at having to ''miss out''.

Unfortunately on this board, it seems that if you voice the sightest bit of dissent, you''re accused of not being a ''true fan'', and ridiculed by the usual suspects.

I''ve followed City for over 30 years, so i know very well not to expect success every season. Nor do i expect us to win every match, or for our manager to get his decisions right  in every single game. But is it really so ridiculous to make objections about having to watch such dire, boring football? I don''t want to go into every season with the sole aim of finishing 17th. Staying up is not worth sacrificing any enjoyment in watching our games. Some posters seem to think that claiming the pot of gold on offer for Premier League survival this season will solve all our problems, and justifies what we have had to watch this season. Doesn''t EVERY club that stays up get the same? How will we be any better off than anybody else? If we scrape survival this season, we will face the same prospect next season under Hughton. Only next season, don''t count on having a ten game run to save us (we''ve only accumulated seven points outside of that run).

I don''t think we''ll survive this season. I don''t see who we''re going to beat, and there aren''t enough games left to do it by drawing games. I desperately hope i''m shown to be wrong; like any fan i will be absolutely gutted if we go down. But i''d rather have an entertaining yo-yo   existence than a turgid annual slog to stay up year after year under Hughton.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]This season is all about survival.

But.... Just a Quick question.

If we are playing the same style this time next yr and no improvement is visible, how will u feel then?[/quote]Pretty much anyone with any sense would be disappointed, most intelligent people recognise the work in progress excuse gets less and less valid the longer we stay in the league.I expect to see a few more quality purchases in the summer, and an improvement in the quality of football.

So, if we were to stay up this season would we be happy with a 17th finish and, if the answer is yes to that question, when does that position eventually become ''underachieving''?

How many seasons will it take us to emulate the relative safety of established by PL sides such as West Brom and Stoke and, sadly, Swansea?