Sign in to follow this  
technika

4 points from 27

The point is that you can look at it from lots of angles: we''ve not won in 9 which is pretty ropey, but on the other hand have only lost one in 5 which is not so bad - we have some form of sorts and need to turn in a couple of wins.

The idea that we should exclude our good runs and look only at the bad as if to ''prove'' something is, quite frankly, pathetic.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]The point is that you can look at it from lots of angles: we''ve not won in 9 which is pretty ropey, but on the other hand have only lost one in 5 which is not so bad - we have some form of sorts and need to turn in a couple of wins.

The idea that we should exclude our good runs and look only at the bad as if to ''prove'' something is, quite frankly, pathetic.[/quote]Form is transient and you can''t read much into 5 game runs. It all depends on the quality of the opposition during those runs. In the first 13 games of the season we gained 15 points. In the next 13 we gained 14 points.We are in a good position with 12 games left and we are looking at around three quarters of a point a game to be safe. Ricardo is very happy. [:D]

What a lot of posters appear to fail to take into consideration is the pressure on the players to halt the poor run of form with an ever diminishing number of games to put things right. Three games without defeat and two clean sheets is a step in the right direction, but only a step, with Villa looking likely to win today a glance at the table shows us just 6 points clear of the relegation places. Anybody who thinks any of our home games are nailed on wins is naive at best, we will be playing some teams that are in the same relegation battle as ourselves, they will be very nervy affairs. The debacle against Luton have shown how little quality we have in depth, not a criticism, just a fact because we are not a wealthy club that can afford to have quality players warming the bench. The keys to survival will be keeping the important players injury free and at least avoiding defeat in the games against our fellow relegation candidates.

longest winless run in the prem and only wigan and west brom worse than us in the 6 match form tables. a 5 match run is not form - but 9 games - 25% of the season remember - is starting to get beyond a blip.

The most worrying thing is we dont look like scoring or winning.

We have to score first against everton

12 games left. A point a game from now guarantees safety on 41 pts.

Should be doable

So these horrible 0-0 score lines I''ll take for the rest of the season.

But on the negative side 4pts in 9 games is bottom of the league form. Which is very concerning

Three wins and a couple of draws for safety. Question is....which three games will we win?

Also whatever yourviews on Lambert his team are now only five points behind us!

[quote user="grefstad"]If we win 3 of those home games, we will stay up.

But, I dont look forward to playing Soton and Reading at home, as they are in form, and we are clearly not.

Villa beat us in the league cup, so that one could be nervy as well.

It is all about our home form, but Hughton has made us nervous by not beating poor teams at home, at a time when the opposition was in very poor form.

QPR, Newcastle, Fulham springs to mind.

we are very capable of getting 10-12 points to the end off season I no we havent won in 3 but weve looked hard to beat we will defo get over the finish line

Not winning against Fulham was very disappointing, we needed the 3 points.

I fear this will be very nervy in april/may[/quote]

I simply can''t see us beating anyone at the moment. So suggesting which three teams we might beat is particularly tricky. Trouble is teams like Everton, Reading and Soton can score - which might mean we have to score not once but twice. A tall order at the mo.

[quote user="Shyster"]Yep, 4 points from 27 plus the loss to non-league Luton.

But it matters not - we''ll pick up three points against Everton and things will start to look a lot rosier.[/quote]

Kiss my face!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Shyster"]Yep, 4 points from 27 plus the loss to non-league Luton.

But it matters not - we''ll pick up three points against Everton and things will start to look a lot rosier.[/quote]

Kiss my face![/quote]

I''d rather not.   A stopped watch is right twice a day too.........................

[quote user="Wiz"]I''ve always said Hughton will relegate us. ... I still stand by that.[/quote]Doesn''t look likely this season...I don''t come here a lot now for obvious reasons, but I do notice you change your tune a lot.

[quote user="Wiz"]I''ve always said Hughton will relegate us. ... I still stand by that.[/quote]Lol[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]I''ve always said Hughton will relegate us. ... I still stand by that.[/quote]Lol[Y][/quote]Perhaps we could debate what "always" means, in the same way as debating what the phrase "NOT improved the defence" means.Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:"Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!We''ve struck gold. ....again."

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]I''ve always said Hughton will relegate us. ... I still stand by that.[/quote]

Lol[Y]
[/quote]

Perhaps we could debate what "always" means, in the same way as debating what the phrase "NOT improved the defence" means.

Wiz wrote the following post at 2012/11/01 10:28 AM:
"Well, I''m not afraid to put my hand up.
I was wrong, very wrong about Hughton, I wanted Holloway but I wouldn''t swap Hoots for anyone now... and that includes Lambert!
We''ve struck gold. ....again."

[/quote]

[|-)][|-)]